WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

getting closer and closer- whats next?

fastfunco

Reaction score
This is my first full scale boat I have ever attempted - My Mentor Jack Oxley died and I am trying to finish this in his memory - I sure could use some solid advice on rigging - We always concentrated on the CG of the boat above all other factors - so Jack would be setting motor next - but im thinking even though there are no boats like this to compare to - someone who know how to rig one of these could probably give a pretty darn close guess- -- How Bout helping me AZGEO- any chance you could help me ??? I am a quick study and follow instructions to the T

stringers and bulkheads are almost done - engine is close too- I need instruction - do I set engine first and concentrate on the CG- or do I set strut first - sure could use some advise -

my own hull design - full scale boat off a 1/4 scale RC boat that was world champ and national champ every year it raced- built and raced and fine tuned by Jack Oxley and myself- Look up Jack- he was quite a racer way back in the day- raced outboards - sponsored by Chrysler for years - Jack is gone now - this boat was Our Dream and im doing my best to make him proud- but I sure could use a riggers advise as im just not sure -- will be using 1 1/8 shaft , strut - etc

Construction - Carbon fiber and Kevlar
length - 15 ft 1 inch
width at widest is 75 inches
beam is 60 inches
bottom has a 3/4 inch V - 5/8 inch runner bottom with reverse dihedral Chines like a jet ski- and bottom has 2 -- 1/2 inch steps in it - if we get the CG right it should run on the chines in front of steps and back center 12 inches or so - that is what its little brother does
hull weight is 782 lbs with majority of the weight in the bottom rear under engine - sides ant top are light lay up compared to the bottom

the quarter scale boat does 76 miles an hour and turns on a dime - however it also has outboard steering and outboard strut - not going to go there with this hull - maybe the next --

Casale Vdrive with whirlaway 1.28 gears - I have a 10 and a 12 degree

Engine is 454 Blown Injected Alcohol running 12 percent overdriven
454 ci
all steel forged bottom end
990 ported heads
milodon gear drive
super mag 4
110 enderle pump
Enderle Birdcatcher
Zoomies are 2 1/8 inch
solid roller cam with 780 lift give or take
11 mm belt

Just a minute now let me put on a drop cloth before you boys get going on this one-- lol
464.JPG
784.JPG
550.JPG
445.JPG
857.JPG

bagged97taco

Reaction score
That’s wild. Interesting build. Can’t wait to see how it performs.

fastfunco

Reaction score
Thanks Brother- just hoping someone can give me some help on the steps to rig a boat like this- I have been told the strut is first - but that goes against the limited experience I have -

sintax

Reaction score
Last i heard, George was banned, so you might want to try to reach him elsewhere.

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Start at strut & work from there.

Honestly, I think it’s going to be somewhat challenging as there is no data / past experiences on a set up as this.

That’s a lot of HP for a 15’ boat. :cool:

Keep us updated

Last edited:

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
This is my first full scale boat I have ever attempted - My Mentor Jack Oxley died and I am trying to finish this in his memory - I sure could use some solid advice on rigging - We always concentrated on the CG of the boat above all other factors - so Jack would be setting motor next - but im thinking even though there are no boats like this to compare to - someone who know how to rig one of these could probably give a pretty darn close guess- -- How Bout helping me AZGEO- any chance you could help me ??? I am a quick study and follow instructions to the T

stringers and bulkheads are almost done - engine is close too- I need instruction - do I set engine first and concentrate on the CG- or do I set strut first - sure could use some advise -

my own hull design - full scale boat off a 1/4 scale RC boat that was world champ and national champ every year it raced- built and raced and fine tuned by Jack Oxley and myself- Look up Jack- he was quite a racer way back in the day- raced outboards - sponsored by Chrysler for years - Jack is gone now - this boat was Our Dream and im doing my best to make him proud- but I sure could use a riggers advise as im just not sure -- will be using 1 1/8 shaft , strut - etc

Construction - Carbon fiber and Kevlar
length - 15 ft 1 inch
width at widest is 75 inches
beam is 60 inches
bottom has a 3/4 inch V - 5/8 inch runner bottom with reverse dihedral Chines like a jet ski- and bottom has 2 -- 1/2 inch steps in it - if we get the CG right it should run on the chines in front of steps and back center 12 inches or so - that is what its little brother does
hull weight is 782 lbs with majority of the weight in the bottom rear under engine - sides ant top are light lay up compared to the bottom

the quarter scale boat does 76 miles an hour and turns on a dime - however it also has outboard steering and outboard strut - not going to go there with this hull - maybe the next --

Casale Vdrive with whirlaway 1.28 gears - I have a 10 and a 12 degree

Engine is 454 Blown Injected Alcohol running 12 percent overdriven
454 ci
all steel forged bottom end
990 ported heads
milodon gear drive
super mag 4
110 enderle pump
Enderle Birdcatcher
Zoomies are 2 1/8 inch
solid roller cam with 780 lift give or take
11 mm belt

Just a minute now let me put on a drop cloth before you boys get going on this one-- lol View attachment 668256 View attachment 668257 View attachment 668258 View attachment 668259 View attachment 668260

Are you talking about Jack that raced RC boats at Legg Lake?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That drive train in a proper setup Runner would be 130 mile an hour boat. Easy.
No Cav plates? That makes the boat even shorter. Seems like it's going to have a pretty steep strut angle.
Interesting.