WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ghetto people and their habits

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I’ve just got to ask because I see it daily in Phoenix and it boggles my mind. What’s with all the ghetto Democrats driving around in their chargers and maximas that have limo tint on every window, including the windshield, so dark that they have to always have the windows cracked about 2”? What’s the point of tinting so dark that you can’t see unless the windows are down? Or, is it to let the weed smoke out? Maybe both.

They’ve usually got a headlight or a tail light out, or both, and tend to tailgate, rapidly change in and out of lanes without blinkers, speed excessively and blow red lights.

Additionally, to top it off, they’ve always got shitty wheels and tires from the local llanteras and temp tags or darkly tinted license plate covers so you can’t see their plate. All of the above is illegal here but cops don’t enforce it apparently.

Please Opine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I see you spend a lot of time in Maryvale.

Nope, they’re just spreading out farther North and East I see. Maybe they’re all going back to work now that the free money is over.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It could be worse, you could be in California.

Come visit some time, you’ll feel right at home here. This is east Los Angeles now. Every other plate is California and since housing costs more here than ever I’d bet it’s the millions of apartments these companies and investors are building around the metro area attracting the lower class.

Icky

Reaction score
I just drove through downtown Miami the other day and I'd never seen so many rich ghetto people in my life.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
It hasn't changed in 50 years and never will...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I just drove through downtown Miami the other day and I'd never seen so many rich ghetto people in my life.

Friend of mine has been on several cruises originating from Miami and he’s told me how much he can’t stand it. I’ve never been so I can’t judge it but sounds about what you’re saying.

View attachment 1049578

Last edited:

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Sounds like CA freeways and surface streets. Always driving aggressively.... gotta watch out like a hawk, as most of these types are either uninsured or underinsured.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It hasn't changed in 50 years and never will...

You’re correct but down here by the border the demographics are a little different than south Chicago. Less shootings but still lots of crime and filth.

IMG_7361.jpg

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I have noticed that most of the tv commercials in Phoenix are for injury attorney companies. Someone had noted before about how bad the Phoenix drivers are.

nowski

Reaction score
Yesterday I hop on the 60 freeway to get to my polling place. All of a sudden I see two homeless guys walking on the the shoulder with their recycling carts overfilled. The shoulder where these two knuckleheads were walking is only about 3 feet wide since Caltrans added a lane in the area. If there was a vehicle in the lane next to me I probably would have killed an idiot or two. Then the thought of what's wrong with Ca came to mind.

I get off at the Vineyard off-ramp and call the Ontario PD. They couldn't help but they did connect me to CHP dispatch. The lady on the other end wants a full description of the knuckleheads, seriously I had to swerve to miss these guys at 65 mph (probably faster) and you want a full description? Ok missing teeth, brown eyes the other guy wouldn't make eye contact, both malnourished, white trash, dirty clothes and two dilapidated carts will that do?

I then proceed to my polling place to vote. I get back in my car and drive back by the 60 freeway (Vineyard off-ramp) and see two CHP units parked. From my vantage point I couldn't see if the two knuckleheads are in the back seat I'm just glad CHP responded to my call...

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Nope, they’re just spreading out farther North and East I see. Maybe they’re all going back to work now that the free money is over.

You know, that’s an interesting subject. I drive throughout the valley on a daily basis while at work and I can tell you that the west side of PHX/Glendale traffic is absolutely nuts compared to the east side of the valley. The 10 is a complete crap show every morning where the 60 and 202 flow pretty well.
West side commutes while East side is still working from home?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
You know, that’s an interesting subject. I drive throughout the valley on a daily basis while at work and I can tell you that the west side of PHX/Glendale traffic is absolutely nuts compared to the east side of the valley. The 10 is a complete crap show every morning where the 60 and 202 flow pretty well.

Been that way since the beginning of Phoenix Metro... When I rented my first Apartment in the early 90s the rental person got out a map of Phoenix and drew a line down central Ave and said "stay away from anything with an address in the Avenues". I like to promote the westside now to all the Californians. Closer to "home" ie Cali and much better value in the houses out there. NW Peoria seems to be the place to put them all now... LOL.. Flame away!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Back in the day when FM radio was the predominate media, think 80s - 90s. There was the Dave Pratt show on KUPD. It was a drive time call in show like Stern or Mark & Brian in LA. When you called in you were required to identify yourself as a west sider with the "West siiiiiide" call out. These were great times and the rivalry can't die just because we are being overrun by population growth! Everyone needs to respect the traditions.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

It’s hard to sell cigarettes or bag groceries or dig ditches from home but easy to be an IT business analyst sitting on your couch with your MacBook Pro and green juice.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Was in Miami a couple of weeks ago. Can confirm. It's everywhere.

The biggest thing I notice about Florida vs. California is how nice and clean the freeways are in Florida. Almost no trash, etc. And they are mowed in the center and sides.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It’s hard to sell cigarettes or bag groceries or dig ditches from home but easy to be an IT business analyst sitting on your couch with your MacBook Pro and green juice.

Exactly!

kurtis500

Reaction score
Someone needs to destroy the powergrids to Maryvale in May. Without AC that place will be a ghost town by the 4th of July

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve just got to ask because I see it daily in Phoenix and it boggles my mind. What’s with all the ghetto Democrats driving around in their chargers and maximas that have limo tint on every window, including the windshield, so dark that they have to always have the windows cracked about 2”? What’s the point of tinting so dark that you can’t see unless the windows are down? Or, is it to let the weed smoke out? Maybe both.

They’ve usually got a headlight or a tail light out, or both, and tend to tailgate, rapidly change in and out of lanes without blinkers, speed excessively and blow red lights.

Additionally, to top it off, they’ve always got shitty wheels and tires from the local llanteras and temp tags or darkly tinted license plate covers so you can’t see their plate. All of the above is illegal here but cops don’t enforce it apparently.

Please Opine.

Sounds like Phoenix is just the east IE.

TCHB

Reaction score
Donkey Acres is a hole. I hated to even go in that area.

530RL

Reaction score
Just depends upon the neighborhood you spend the most time around. I don't think it is any worse or better than the past and I've been here since 68.

Spend more time in the neighborhood around your avatar and you will see very little of it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Your ad here

Reaction score
Americans love their vehicles! Everyone has their style. The one that I don't get are the people in the lifted Ram pickups with the black wheels, tow mirrors flipped up when not towing, elbows out 1911 loving flat biller 909er's with the big 'C' sticker on the back window.

nowski

Reaction score
Anyone Missing a Boat or Two or maybe even a tow vehicle???

Here's possibly a new breed of boaters that I haven't seen before. They have been camped in this shopping center for a week now, homeless, waiting for the lakes to fill back up again or down on their luck??? When I first noticed these guy's early in the am (last week) the first thing that came to mind, stolen boats. I immediately placed a call into to the local Ontario PD, don't know if they responded because there on private property but I feel I did my part.

What would be your take on this???

A new breed.jpg

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Americans love their vehicles! Everyone has their style. The one that I don't get are the people in the lifted Ram pickups with the black wheels, tow mirrors flipped up when not towing, elbows out 1911 loving flat biller 909er's with the big 'C' sticker on the back window.

Now come on...you just offended half of the teenagers in Texas lol. I call it the cornholio look.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Anyone Missing a Boat or Two or maybe even a tow vehicle???

Here's possibly a new breed of boaters that I haven't seen before. They have been camped in this shopping center for a week now, homeless, waiting for the lakes to fill back up again or down on their luck??? When I first noticed these guy's early in the am (last week) the first thing that came to mind, stolen boats. I immediately placed a call into to the local Ontario PD, don't know if they responded because there on private property but I feel I did my part.

What would be your take on this???

View attachment 1049708
Is that stainless or aluminum impeller?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Just depends upon the neighborhood you spend the most time around. I don't think it is any worse or better than the past and I've been here since 68.

Spend more time in the neighborhood around your avatar and you will see very little of it. [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

I don’t have a plane or a helicopter so I have to drive through the shitty areas to get to the nice areas.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

Another one I can’t stand, especially around Phoenix the last year or two as it’s become very big. Flying Mexican flags and sporting huge Michoacán stickers on the back windows.

checkrdpast

Reaction score

Please Opine.

Because they didn't have Daddies

530RL

Reaction score
I don’t have a plane or a helicopter so I have to drive through the shitty areas to get to the nice areas.

Plenty of houses and land for sale around that Steak 44 Barrio.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Plenty of houses and land for sale around that Steak 44 Barrio.

You’re missing the point. Your beloved Phoenix and brophy are turning to shit. That’s the point. It gets worse every year.

530RL

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. Your beloved Phoenix and brophy are turning to shit. That’s the point. It gets worse every year.

That's the problem with growth.....or as my partner used to say.....

"I can't believe they paved Central Avenue north of Indian School Road and ruined all that desert."

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
That's the problem with growth.....or as my partner used to say.....

"I can't believe they paved Central Avenue north of Indian School Road and ruined all that desert."

Without growth there would be no "Stake 44"... We would have topped out at Durant's, Stockyards and Monty's....

530RL

Reaction score
Without growth there would be no "Stake 44"... We would have topped out at Durant's, Stockyards and Monty's....

Yep, that's just the reality of growth.

And for the record, I'll take Durants over Steak 44 any day of the week.

nowski

Reaction score
Is that stainless or aluminum impeller?
Looks to be aluminum. If you want you can go to the shopping center at Grove & Walnut in Ontario and see if you can strike a deal...

Weird, vehicles have Ohio plates. Either they thought Urban Meyer was moving out this way, Newsom will be giving out more hand outs or they got word that the drought will soon be over...