WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ghost Riding Boat in Monsoon

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Some bad monsoon storms have rolled through Phoenix over the past few days. The winds from a microburst even sent a friend's boat on a ghost ride of about 250 yards and someone caught it on video. Lesson learned, chock the tires even while sitting on flat ground. Bimini, cover and trailer jack ruined but fortunately no other damage beside needing a serious detail.

[video=youtube_https;ua_QIELDaAc]https://youtu.be/ua_QIELDaAc[/video]

-Zack

Singleton

Reaction score
That sucks! Nice of these guys to video it rather than help the poor guy out.

If I had something I would try but with that wind you would need to get both sides and fast. You never know if you get one side would that start turning boat and next thing you know it goes over on its side.

Enen

Reaction score
I was out there yesterday helping a buddy who's boat lift broke during Friday's storm. IMG_0423.jpg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Three replies and no wake boat comments?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Good thing they didn't help. They would have been swamped by the wake.

Better?

bk2drvr

Reaction score
WTF are they going to do, jump in front of a few tons of runaway boat? In the middle of a thunderstorm?

There is heroics and then there is stupidity.

Actually just driving up behind it and stopping would have shielded the wind enough to stop it from rolling and been a safe maneuver.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Some gnarly videos being posted of the storms down there. The pics from Mead of all the tore up boats is horrible.