WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gifting protocol for kids team sports

motormonkey

Reaction score
Let's say Jr high sports, I wanted to give each of the coaches a card with a hundred cash. Wife says it's too much on top of the team gift card ( which I feel is light).
What's the proper protocol as I believe in showing appreciation when deserved.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Let's say Jr high sports, I wanted to give each of the coaches a card with a hundred cash. Wife says it's too much on top of the team gift card ( which I feel is light).
Do what you think is right and who cares what anyone else thinks?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I’d check with these two first.
B2564DDA-38F6-43C8-B432-F37BB84FE07A.jpeg

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I do a gift card to dinner around the same amount for all the coaches. Just shows a small token of appreciation for the amount of time they invest in these kids. Actually have the cards ready to give out on Tuesday at the final game of this season and my daughter was up last night writing them all a personalized card.

Singleton

Reaction score
As a past Booster President for a high school activity - don’t give to the 501c - coaches will never see it.
That said, a gift card to a local restaurant goes a long way for most coaches and their family.
Once in middle school and high school, avoid giving cash. It can be seen as something else and cause problems for the coach.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I coached my kids and teams when they were that age. Never got a thing. Never expected anything.
Never gave anything either.
Do what you want.

motormonkey

Reaction score
So I went with the gift cards as they earned it IMO. What a thankless job and they are seasonal part time coaches.
The way some parents and kids act is amazing, fun to watch kind of stuff. I witnessed some adult tantrums and a couple of close domestic situations. Haha.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I coach my girls 12u softball. A couple of the parents gave us some $15 local restaurants gift cards. It was appreciated, more the thought than the money.

DWC

Reaction score
I’ve only done it once. Gave my sons freshman linebacker coach a $50 card after the season. He was tough as hell on those kids but did a great job of teaching them the position.