WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GILF Background Check Websites

probablecause

Reaction score
So my aunt is back on the dating scene after her husband passed away. In awesome shape, 80 years old, HGH, loves to golf, worth 5 million, etc. Found a guy on a high-end dating website but he is out of state. Does anyone know of a good "NET Detective" website where she can pay to spin him up and see his BS or good stuff? Please, no, "Well I've heard of" via a google search.

Thanks,

Brendan

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
5 million you say.....

Any issues calling a 40 yr old dude uncle??
A7243491-C8DD-4640-9BEE-405C41FC5CE6.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm sure I could come up with some things to say here, but I must respectfully contain my normal smartassness.

In all seriousness, people are shitheads. Greedy, thieving, fuktards abound... and troll those sites. Don't know you from Adam...or your aunt from Eve...but I sure as hell don't trust people in general. I'm sure someone more "connected" than myself can help you determine if this guy is worthy, or worthless.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I was told by a guy who does background checks that the standard is to check court case records for the county of his residence and his work for the last ten years. Anything criminal or civil would turn up and might be a red flag. Find out when and where he last got divorced and you pull up all his dirty laundry from his last marriage by downloading all the case filings. The shit is publicly available in most cases. I’ve downloaded court cases for a couple things off the oc superior court website it’s only a couple bucks. I’m not sure what is a good website for these kind of databases if your serious hire someone to do the background check for her just like for a potential employee

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
So my aunt is back on the dating scene after her husband passed away. In awesome shape, 80 years old, HGH, loves to golf, worth 5 million, etc. Found a guy on a high-end dating website but he is out of state. Does anyone know of a good "NET Detective" website where she can pay to spin him up and see his BS or good stuff? Please, no, "Well I've heard of" via a google search.

Thanks,

Brendan

What is HGH?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Funny thread, the OP had to know this would happen but all kidding aside it sucks that we have to worry about this now @probablecause hope she doesn't get taken advantage of, keep your eye on her.

Right?!?!!?! Wife had a classmate in th e first 10 years of our marriage she had at least 5. Thinking that she was just out picking up the wedding gifts and some $$$$. about 5 more years had enough B.S. with her and she stopped talking to her. So sadly it is a real issue and can go both ways.

C-2

Reaction score
I was told by a guy who does background checks that the standard is to check court case records for the county of his residence and his work for the last ten years. Anything criminal or civil would turn up and might be a red flag. Find out when and where he last got divorced and you pull up all his dirty laundry from his last marriage by downloading all the case filings. The shit is publicly available in most cases. I’ve downloaded court cases for a couple things off the oc superior court website it’s only a couple bucks. I’m not sure what is a good website for these kind of databases if your serious hire someone to do the background check for her just like for a potential employee
Pretty much spot on.

States and even counties do not normally share information with each other, which seems ridiculous if you are trying to enforce laws, but that's just the way it is. A few agencies have reciprocity agreements, but not that many.

Which means you first need to properly identify the person and his aka's. Then search an address history for the past 20-years, or longer in this instance, to identify the different areas the subject has lived in, and then as Gonefishin says, search each of those counties for criminal and civil filings. A lot of fraudsters are never charged criminally, but they are often sued in civil court, but you need to look at the court records to make heads or tails of the case.

There is only one nationwide database that contains the "rap sheet" of arrests and criminal histories on people, and that's the NCIC. But access to it is sketch as most LEO can be fired for accessing it without a lawful purpose. Keep in mind too, most frauds are never charged criminally, so it's not necessarily a true reflection of the person's criminal past.

The background sites charge a few dollars and then they want to charge a few more and they take you down an endless path of cash outlay.

I will say this though, many of the pop-up, flavor of the day background/people finder sites display the same info as provided to Lexis/Nexis, the major database warehouse. The database sites change names/appearance frequently; they need to lol, because usually, sooner or later, the FTC gets their meathooks in them.

The hardest part in dealing with a con is understanding that conning/manipulating people is their profession, and they are usually good at it. Convincing a loved one they are being scammed is the hardest part.

:)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am 0-26 for actual responses. That has to be a record.
Well, if you think you're 0-26, then you must not be paying attention. There are some valid points and directions made. Sites like "InstantCheckMate" aren't going to do much but charge for compiling relatively easily obtained information. Put simply, there will be leg work needing to be done if you want a thorough picture of the individual in question.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Why would she bother with someone out of state anyway? There's lots of more local old farts. LOL

PaPaG

Reaction score
A good Federal background check: Verified Credentials, they do deep dives. Have used 4-5 different agencies in the last 20+ years to do roughly 5000 checks, there are a few good agencies to choose from. You could also ask BoatPI he is more active in the business and always has decent advice.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am 0-26 for actual responses. That has to be a record.

Oh I’m sure they’re on the way!

“Attention PII thieves and financial hackers!
We have an 80 yo widow worth 5 million who is actively looking for companionship and doesn’t know how to research backgrounds, and has her nephew soliciting advice on an open forum!
Engage full court press!!”