WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Give me your AR-15

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Step back for a second and think of this.

Do hunters care about saving endangered species or do they care that they might not be able to kill endangers species?

Logically if the really cared about endangered species as opposed to caring about being able to kill endangered species they would give the money you say is necessary without having the right to kill them.

Just some basic logic

First off, lets drop the hyperbole of "Endangered" as they are not. Their technical classification is "vulnerable". So our motives are what bothers you about conservation through sport hunting?

As I've stated in the past, You and other animal rights extremist, would rather there be ZERO Elephants than there be Elephant hunting.

The bottom line is, with well regulated sport hunting, there are more, not less Elephants, more, not less Lions. You constantly use the term "objectively" can you objectively argue with the results? You may detest the means but the results are working.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nope... I also take exception with GMacs assertion that his guns improve the safety of his family.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I’ve never been to Macs house, but I’ve been to Steves.

Suffice it to say that Steve’s guns are quite safe right where they are.
A would be thief would be better off targeting a fully staffed gun store in broad daylight.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up.
I’ve never been to Macs house, but I’ve been to Steves.

Suffice it to say that Steve’s guns are quite safe right where they are.
A would be thief would be better off targeting a fully staffed gun store in broad daylight.

I dunno? You don't think the moat with Crocs and Bull Sharks is over the top? :cool:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Congresswoman says AR-15 is as heavy as 10 moving boxes, fires .50 caliber bullets......................
LMAO 70's show .gif

530RL

Reaction score
First off, lets drop the hyperbole of "Endangered" as they are not. Their technical classification is "vulnerable". So our motives are what bothers you about conservation through sport hunting?

As I've stated in the past, You and other animal rights extremist, would rather there be ZERO Elephants than there be Elephant hunting.

The bottom line is, with well regulated sport hunting, there are more, not less Elephants, more, not less Lions. You constantly use the term "objectively" can you objectively argue with the results? You may detest the means but the results are working.

If you and your fellow hunters would enact the exact same policies and provide the same resources yet forgo hunting them, there would be more of them.

But you do not. You provide those resources so that you can kill some of them. It may be better than not having your support. But by any rational measure if you were to sustain the same level of support without killing them, there would be more.

Which leads us to my point. The reason you are providing support for those policies is because you want to kill some of them.

For the tenth time, I don’t give a shit that you want to kill them, just don’t go blowing some smoke up my ass and tell me you are only doing it to help the population. For if that was true you would still support the policies and programs, yet drop the killing.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you and your fellow hunters would enact the exact same policies and provide the same resources yet forgo hunting them, there would be more of them.

But you do not. You provide those resources so that you can kill some of them. It may be better than not having your support. But by any rational measure if you were to sustain the same level of support without killing them, there would be more.

Which leads us to my point. The reason you are providing support for those policies is because you want to kill some of them.

For the tenth time, I don’t give a shit that you want to kill them, just don’t go blowing some smoke up my ass and tell me you are only doing it to help the population. For if that was true you would still support the policies and programs, yet drop the killing.

I think the point you may be ignoring is that “more” is what leads to their outright destruction, in some cases.
Habitats can only support so much.

When any species numbers infringe on another species (humans included) imbalance occurs.
As humans claim more land by expansion, reduction of numbers can prevent annihilation.
I have no first hand knowledge like Nganga has, but I’ve read articles that clearly show that, in some areas and for some species, locals would just as soon be rid of things like elephants and lions.

In short, “more” isn’t always a good thing, and “some” is better than none.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

I am supporting the policies and programs. I donate to Conservation Force. You should look into it and do likewise. I'm done with Lions and Elephants and still help, where I can.

I shot my Elephant in 2006. I am done. I still care because I want there to be Elephants around from my son, when he's able to go enjoy being around them. I don't want an Africa without Lions and Elephants. I'm not denying your statement but you keep avoiding mine.

You would rather there be no Elephants than there be Elephant hunting? You can't understand the heart of a true conservationist. We all walk the thin line between conservation/environmentalist. You could just as easily say that we are trying to save the environment, just so we can go drive our off road vehicles in it. You argument is rubbish, our motives are your problem, you've essentially stated it yourself.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am supporting the policies and programs. I donate to Conservation Force. You should look into it and do likewise. I'm done with Lions and Elephants and still help, where I can.

I shot my Elephant in 2006. I am done. I still care because I want there to be Elephants around from my son, when he's able to go enjoy being around them. I don't want an Africa without Lions and Elephants. I'm not denying your statement but you keep avoiding mine.

You would rather there be no Elephants than there be Elephant hunting? You can't understand the heart of a true conservationist. We all walk the thin line between conservation/environmentalist. You could just as easily say that we are trying to save the environment, just so we can go drive our off road vehicles in it. You argument is rubbish, our motives are your problem, you've essentially stated it yourself.

You know what’s ironic?
This discussion would not be happening if we’d followed his instructions and voted for Johnson...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
View attachment 801152

This is from last weekend at the cabin.

Now you’ve done it.
You combined a racist black deadly vehicle (responsible for more deaths than any gun) crushing that poor snow with tires made of fossil fuel based rubber, with a scary weapon capable of firing all by itself in a mall.

Report report!!!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Again you do not have a clue of what you're talking about. Over population is the death knell for wildlife. Using white tail deer and migratory geese of several species, they have over run natural habitats with sheer numbers. Deer are dying of disease. Geese are not migrating as areas in Canada where they summer, have been ravaged to the point it can't sustain returning flocks. Those flocks are staying in their winter areas, year around and damaging those habitats, both for themselves and other water fowl.

As far as elephants and lions, the ones killed are older animals in bad shape that use resources that weaken the younger healthier herd's long term survival. Using hunters to cull the herd/pride, raises revenue to help protect wildlife from poachers plus funds the countries in which they live to help. Do your homework rather than just spout what you think you know. Your idea of logic is flawed by lack of actual facts.

Old Texan

Reaction score

Kinda like debating Cliff Klaven ain't it.....:rolleyes:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Upon further consideration, maybe red flag laws have some merit......

Hah coward till the end I see.

Ohh shit, yea that's right, you'll be somewhere else.

You are a liar. If not than you are not half as intelligent as you think.

Probably both.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It went sideways when GMac was trying to make a subtle point about guns when he should have been a bit more direct.

I have been taught from a very young age that the only 100% safe fire arm is the one I just confirmed was unloaded. Is anybody here willing to assume a firearm with a closed action is anything but loaded? (I didn't think so) Extending that thought through to GMacs point is, any and all weapons not secured by him pose a bigger potential threat that ones that are.

Where I would argue that GMacs logic is flawed is assuming his own guns make him safer...
So when are you turning in your guns to make the world safer?

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
I call bullshit.....I'd wager the closet encounter you've ever had with wildlife was a herd of goats crossing the bridge you hide under

Prove me wrong by telling the story with the walrus and gator.
Tex, I obviously don’t care about your opinion of me. The stories are true but since you’re not a friend you’ll have to pay for them with a few beers if you want details. Got a couple good bear stories too.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Dayum' haven't clicked on this one for a while and have been missing all the fun.

Let me recap:

Everyone but GMac: Guns are the only requirement to live a long peace filled life.
GMac: Its a statistical fact that guns are the leading cause of gunshots.
EBGMAC:Loses their shit because of math...
That’s about right.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I mean its not like GMac is quoting strait out facts like: A gun in the home is 22 more likely to be involved in a domestic violence incident, accident or suicide than be used against an intruder.

Simply put: for every time a gun in or around the home was used in self-defense, or in a legally justified shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.

That's one self-defense shooting for 22 accidental, suicidal or criminal shootings -- hardly support for the notion that having a gun handy makes people safer.

Other studies show that women and children are disproportionately the victims of such gunshots, and that when children commit suicide, guns in their home or at their friends or relatives' homes are used.

Maybe we just cant help ourselves...

View attachment 800982

But hell its not like its us older white guys getting shot...

View attachment 800983

A novel thought:

Americans are 25 times as likely to die from a gun than people in other developed countries.
Over 60% of gun deaths are suicides.

That means your average gun owner is 15 times as likely to be mentally unstable than lets say your average Canadian.
Careful, Squeezer, talk like that will get you labeled as a feces-eating imbecile.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
The best I could find is the probability plot of one of you shooting a large mammal.

View attachment 800988
The
It went sideways when GMac was trying to make a subtle point about guns when he should have been a bit more direct.

I have been taught from a very young age that the only 100% safe fire arm is the one I just confirmed was unloaded. Is anybody here willing to assume a firearm with a closed action is anything but loaded? (I didn't think so) Extending that thought through to GMacs point is, any and all weapons not secured by him pose a bigger potential threat that ones that are.

Where I would argue that GMacs logic is flawed is assuming his own guns make him safer...
Thank you for trying again to make my point using slightly less inflammatory language. And you are 100% correct that the guns I own are statistically more likely to kill me or a member of my family than to save us from harm. However, I also know how I use and store my firearms, I know the mental health history of everyone in my home, I know I’ve never abused a spouse or a child, I know I don’t use drugs or drink to excess, I know I don’t see violence as a remedy to political frustration, insult, or any situation other than an immediate threat to my life or the life of another. The statistics which you cite and which I agree with speak to populations, not individuals. Individuals may improve their own gun safety (and take personal comfort in that) but statistically speaking the 300+ million guns floating around this country and the population of gun owners make me less safe (and everyone not living in my skin should assume that I’m as much a risk as the rest of the population).

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Are you saying that Gmacs guns are theft proof?
They are all secured, but certainly not theft proof. In that respect my guns do put you at risk. It is also possible, though unlikely, that I or a member of my family could crack and go on a killing spree which would also put you at risk. Police officers, members of the military, doctors, religious leaders- individuals from just about every background have done just that. You simply cannot look at your neighbor and know with certainty that they aren’t one bad day away from murder. That won’t change, but we can certainly improve our odds by universally screening people at the moment they buy a weapon for criminal history, mental health, etc and we can improve public safety by revisiting their right to own a gun throughout their life using red flag laws.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Tex, I obviously don’t care about your opinion of me. The stories are true but since you’re not a friend you’ll have to pay for them with a few beers if you want details. Got a couple good bear stories too.
Because there are no stories. I don't drink beer with trolls either....Pathetic

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Because there are no stories. I don't drink beer with trolls either....Pathetic

Pretty sure his “bear stories” are pretty different from the “beer stories” you thought he typed LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Pretty sure his “bear stories” are pretty different from the “beer stories” you thought he typed LOL

I have bear stories for people whom I share beers with.

pronstar

Reaction score
Colion Noir is a great voice for 2A [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

He’s also a DFW local [emoji106]

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
I mean its not like GMac is quoting strait out facts like: A gun in the home is 22 more likely to be involved in a domestic violence incident, accident or suicide than be used against an intruder.

Simply put: for every time a gun in or around the home was used in self-defense, or in a legally justified shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.

That's one self-defense shooting for 22 accidental, suicidal or criminal shootings -- hardly support for the notion that having a gun handy makes people safer.

Other studies show that women and children are disproportionately the victims of such gunshots, and that when children commit suicide, guns in their home or at their friends or relatives' homes are used.

Maybe we just cant help ourselves...

View attachment 800982

But hell its not like its us older white guys getting shot...

View attachment 800983

A novel thought:

Americans are 25 times as likely to die from a gun than people in other developed countries.
Over 60% of gun deaths are suicides.

That means your average gun owner is 15 times as likely to be mentally unstable than lets say your average Canadian.
Citing gun grabbing Gifford's organization with her useless fucking cuck husband that is now trying to steal AZ's Senate seat. Yeah, there's no bias here at all people. Move along now.
Fucking dumb.
20190914_131310.jpg

BONER

Reaction score
View attachment 801152

This is from last weekend at the cabin.

I've always believed there are lots of these roaming around low population areas. I've seen a few. That's why I giggle when Distortionists like Gmac want to flag little ol Me. They're so fucking clueless of what's out there, and always always always always, commit the ultimate Cardinal Sin: Underestimate their Opponent.

They have no concept of Patriotism, Accountability, and or Proof. So therefore, they have no idea of the determination of the Americans, that not only grasp these concepts, but embrace and love them. Same could be said for Logic and Common Sense, I guess.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Check it out. Keester jockey Buttgag admits gun control is about power over people and uses children to push the agenda.
Sick filthy fucking sodomite.
Also notice the Giffords banner in the background. This fraudulent bitch and her traitor husband Mark Kelly are going to try and steal the senate election in my state of Arizona this election when the RINO bitch McSilly takes another dive.
Zonies beware!
Oh and fuck MSLSD. Had to give them a click to get this.

500bbc

Reaction score

He meant bare stories...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Citing gun grabbing Gifford's organization with her useless fucking cuck husband that is now trying to steal AZ's Senate seat. Yeah, there's no bias here at all people. Move along now.
Fucking dumb.
View attachment 802221

The truth is Gabby doesn't have the mental capacity to go grab anything. Mark Gifford's has been, and continues to use her to further his own ambitions.

It is fucking pathetic.

wallnutz

Reaction score
This is interesting. The MGM is going to pay out something like
$750 million in a lawsuit over the Vegas shooting. Article doesn’t specify how they were at
Fault- anybody know. So if the hotel where the shooting occurred is negligent, why not the manufacturer of the weapons too?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/us/las-vegas-shooting-mgm-settlement/index.html
Can we sue your mother of negligence? Why would the manufacturer have anything to do with it? They didn’t sell a gun directly to him. I truly think it’s bs they could sue the hotel, but see how they had more involvement.

pronstar

Reaction score
Fucking trolls have no idea about firearms laws.
Stop feeding them.
They can take their “I feel like this should be the law because guns are scary” and shove it up their asses.

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is interesting. The MGM is going to pay out something like
$750 million in a lawsuit over the Vegas shooting. Article doesn’t specify how they were at
Fault- anybody know. So if the hotel where the shooting occurred is negligent, why not the manufacturer of the weapons too?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/us/las-vegas-shooting-mgm-settlement/index.html

It is a settlement. They are mitigating their losses, not admitting fault.

They let a guy go up to his room umpteen times, bringing numerous bags, monitored his every move for days and yet asked no questions of him. They had all the software needed to assess that it was a suspicious guest profile, but did not utilize it off the casino floor. How were they supposed to know?

Lets follow your ridiculous (per usual) line of thinking. Why don't they should sue the manufacturer of the car he owned to drive to Vegas? What about the builder of the house he purchased? Also the manufacturer of his computer equipment, and the smartphone manufacturer. What about his bank? They should be sued.

All these companies are negligent and are responsible for the shooting because they supplied the shooter with means and ability to carry out his attack, right?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Fucking trolls have no idea about firearms laws.
Stop feeding them.
They can take their “I feel like this should be the law because guns are scary” and shove it up their asses.

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products.

Yep, and the House has introduced a bill to overturn the PLCAA and Sandy Hook families are suing to overturn it.