WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Glamis presidents weekend

cakemoto

Reaction score
Who is rolling out? Let’s get a group together. Buddy’s band is playing a gig out there Saturday night. @Bpracing1127 let’s go

jailbird141

Reaction score
Holiday weekends are not as bad as everyone makes them seem. Unless of course you only frequent Sand Highway, Oldsmobile Hill or the Drags. There is a lot of other duning and places to ride even on holiday weekends with little to no traffic. You just have to get off the beaten path.

69hondo

Reaction score
I love Glamis but after New years I wont be doing Holidays out there for a while. Im sure it will be a good time I just must be getting old. LOL

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
Will be going out two weeks after presidents day. Let the crowds leave and the sand heal.

I dont like holiday weekends anymore. Its not the riding in the dunes so much as the assholes around camp that I cant stand. We went last new years and stayed at wash 24. The asshole next to use decided to get in his v8 rail and do high speed passes through the camps at 3 AM. I was just waiting to here him hit something. Call the rangers and they did nothing. I have other stories of people riding at full speed through our camp cause they are drunk or something. Not the environment for my 1.5 year old son. Maybe when he is older it will be different but I doubt it.

Seems these days everyone goes there more to party then ride. I like to ride more then party. Personally it is alot cheaper to get drunk at home then drag all my shit 4 hours away just to party at Glamis but that is me.

If anybody wants to actually go ride we will be there Feb 25-28.

77charger

Reaction score
Will be out there i prefer midweek but this weekend only trip fam can go so i will be seeing the shitshow.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Buddy's band is playing a gig out there?

And some of you wonder why there are continued efforts to close the place.

Curious why you think a band playing there is the reason "there are continued efforts to close the place"???

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Holiday weekends are not as bad as everyone makes them seem. Unless of course you only frequent Sand Highway, Oldsmobile Hill or the Drags. There is a lot of other duning and places to ride even on holiday weekends with little to no traffic. You just have to get off the beaten path.

So yore saying it is just like the river on a holiday.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Curious why you think a band playing there is the reason "there are continued efforts to close the place"???

Because it furthers the rowdy party atmosphere that the BLM has to deal with (extra law enforcement, equipment, risk, money) and gives the treehuggers even more supporting arguments for closure.

It benefits nobody and is looked at as a nuisance by all governing bodies and the general public.

Add on top of it the Covid BS where other public gatherings are being shut down, and this doesn't present in a good light from that perspective either. Let's have a band play a gig and draw more attention to this place where people are gathering. Brilliant.

As someone who has been around the ASA from when it first started and seen the legal challenges that constantly get thrown at the dunes, I can say that unless people start to wise up out there, they are going to lose it. Go enjoy the dunes responsibly and be discreet. Keep the family atmosphere that presents well to outside decision makers looking in. Is it really that hard?

The increased visitation caused by the new side by side craze and the newbies that come along with that are bad enough. Bands, gigs, and all that party type stuff definitely won't help.

I guess the risk is worth a few nights of fun for some of you. But don't bitch when the closure signs go up (again). Other people like me would appreciate it if you didn't fuck it all up for us like usual though.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
You make a lot of assumptions when you say "people like me would appreciate it if you didn't fuck it all up for us like usual though". Honestly that is a very fucked up statement. You haven zero right to lump everyone into fucking up your little world. As a matter of fact I take great offense at that. I have been going to Glamis since 1974. I have always respected it, go to the clean up weekends, keep my camp clean, pay my fees, and avoid the "craziness".
Since you are so sure this "gig" is going to be so detrimental to the dunes being open... why don't you enlighten us on where exactly it's going to take place and cause all this craziness?? I personally think it's probably going to be somewhere they plenty of electrical power to make it happen. If it's truly a "gig" then there are probably permits and my guess would be somewhere near the store. I actually don't know where or how, so I won't blast them for something I don't really know the details of. (see how that works?)
I have zero desire to participate in a band playing and the party that will accompany it. However, I also have zero desire to have someone make such blatant statements as to why the dunes don't fit his personal agenda and blaming it on SXS's, newbies (which you were at one time), and everything else you complain about.

And yes, I don't think you have any right to tell anyone, who should or shouldn't be using public land as long as it isn't breaking any law.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Why do people like to go on holiday weekends? During the week and off weekends is it for me. Leaving tomorrow till Friday.
It's the only time people have time off at the same time. We have many CA friends that we only see on holiday weekends due to schedules.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Because it furthers the rowdy party atmosphere that the BLM has to deal with (extra law enforcement, equipment, risk, money) and gives the treehuggers even more supporting arguments for closure.

It benefits nobody and is looked at as a nuisance by all governing bodies and the general public.

Add on top of it the Covid BS where other public gatherings are being shut down, and this doesn't present in a good light from that perspective either. Let's have a band play a gig and draw more attention to this place where people are gathering. Brilliant.

As someone who has been around the ASA from when it first started and seen the legal challenges that constantly get thrown at the dunes, I can say that unless people start to wise up out there, they are going to lose it. Go enjoy the dunes responsibly and be discreet. Keep the family atmosphere that presents well to outside decision makers looking in. Is it really that hard?

The increased visitation caused by the new side by side craze and the newbies that come along with that are bad enough. Bands, gigs, and all that party type stuff definitely won't help.

I guess the risk is worth a few nights of fun for some of you. But don't bitch when the closure signs go up (again). Other people like me would appreciate it if you didn't fuck it all up for us like usual though.

I got news for you... You’re trying to play fair with a group of people who aren’t. These people suing the dunes are miserable individuals that want those who frequent the dunes to be a miserable as they are. Have you seen Gmac post here and the shit he says? They’re ludicrous humans. He wants to shut down Lake Havasu to motorized boats.

It has nothing to do with a band in Glamis and everything to do with people just being there. If one motorhome shows up they’d try to shut it down. By default you’re there enemy just showing up to the dunes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You make a lot of assumptions when you say "people like me would appreciate it if you didn't fuck it all up for us like usual though". Honestly that is a very fucked up statement. You haven zero right to lump everyone into fucking up your little world. As a matter of fact I take great offense at that. I have been going to Glamis since 1974. I have always respected it, go to the clean up weekends, keep my camp clean, pay my fees, and avoid the "craziness".
Since you are so sure this "gig" is going to be so detrimental to the dunes being open... why don't you enlighten us on where exactly it's going to take place and cause all this craziness?? I personally think it's probably going to be somewhere they plenty of electrical power to make it happen. If it's truly a "gig" then there are probably permits and my guess would be somewhere near the store. I actually don't know where or how, so I won't blast them for something I don't really know the details of. (see how that works?)
I have zero desire to participate in a band playing and the party that will accompany it. However, I also have zero desire to have someone make such blatant statements as to why the dunes don't fit his personal agenda and blaming it on SXS's, newbies (which you were at one time), and everything else you complain about.

And yes, I don't think you have any right to tell anyone, who should or shouldn't be using public land as long as it isn't breaking any law.
I don't think he was generalizing or lumping everyone into one but he's stating a real fact that this type of activity in the past has had peripheral effects on those law abiding patrons like yourself, me and him when things get shut down or gestapo enforcement. I too started going there in the mid 70s, great times and crazy times too, but even those times caused closures. Although it's now been years since I've been there loud mariachi music and other competing (stadium powered) sound systems blaring away til 4-5am tainted my desire to return. And I did not camp anywhere near the "normal" accessible areas, I dragged my shit a few miles into the sand.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I love Glamis but after New years I wont be doing Holidays out there for a while. Im sure it will be a good time I just must be getting old. LOL
Last time we were there on Presidents Day my son nearly was run over on Olds....the guy looked back then took off according to multiple witnesses(a few chased after him unsuccessfully) . Pretty sure he still has the helmet with paddles marks on it.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

It's about the optics and resources needed to keep things under control out there. If you don't see how bands and other party related attributes out there put the place at risk of being closed, then you need to get more educated on the outside eyes looking in and the weight they can carry.

I'm not about telling people what they can and cannot do on public land so long as it isn't breaking the law, but I can make an effort to make people aware that their actions could cost us all the use of that public land even if it is "legal". Just because it is legal doesn't always make it a good idea.

Having a band play when there is intense scrutiny on public gatherings right now? Really? Is that a good idea or does it provide the "other side" with more ammunition to portray "our side" as a bunch of reckless assholes that need to be further regulated? You know the answer to that if you're being honest with yourself.

And as far as the "law" goes, I'm willing to bet there haven't been any permits pulled for this nor will that band pack it up at 10PM to comply with the noise ordinance that is in place out there. My guess is they won't give a shit about surrounding camps and keep the party going well into the night. If you want to go letter of the law, then there you go.

Like it or not, people would be better served out there to just mellow out, don't be obnoxious, and don't be a nuisance to those in control. Don't draw negative attention to the place and it'll get left alone. (See how that works?) Anybody who supports the contrary I do lump into the same group. If that's you and you take offense to it, then so be it. Unfortunately, there are many out there who just don't get or refuse to acknowledge that concept and yes, they end up fucking it up for the rest of us.

Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I got news for you... You’re trying to play fair with a group of people who aren’t. These people suing the dunes are miserable individuals that want those who frequent the dunes to be a miserable as they are. Have you seen Gmac post here and the shit he says? They’re ludicrous humans. He wants to shut down Lake Havasu to motorized boats.

It has nothing to do with a band in Glamis and everything to do with people just being there. If one motorhome shows up they’d try to shut it down. By default you’re there enemy just showing up to the dunes.

Very true, but we can always try to minimize the ammunition the other side is given. If all they can come up with are pictures of families responsibly riding and camping together, that would be a whole lot less effective for them than pictures of bands, stripper poles, and a bunch of drunks.

riverroyal

Reaction score
if this is the gig your ok.
images.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
by the way, if you want to talk about drawing attention....doonies 1 thru 100, you tube crashes, SAND DRAGS on and on. A gig will not matter.
Just my opinion, Im not going so it doesnt matter.

charred1

Reaction score
Our group will be out there Feb. 11-15. Not a huge fan of holiday weekends, but when we have a chance to get together with family and friends, I am down for wherever whenever. It’s not where you go, it’s who you’re with.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Been going to Glamis and Pismo since early 70’s. I think this person is a lot more of a concern than some little band having a gig. 😳

She is a concern for sure. What would she use to make her case to close riding areas like Glamis, I wonder? Perhaps images and LEO stats stemming from the party scenes that will be portrayed in the most negative light possible as a bunch of Mad Max outlaws who need to be dealt with accordingly?

That is what these politicians and treehuggers do. The fact that we leave tracks and sometimes run over bushes is bad enough for them to use against us. Stop giving them even more to work with!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It's about the optics and resources needed to keep things under control out there. If you don't see how bands and other party related attributes out there put the place at risk of being closed, then you need to get more educated on the outside eyes looking in and the weight they can carry.

I'm not about telling people what they can and cannot do on public land so long as it isn't breaking the law, but I can make an effort to make people aware that their actions could cost us all the use of that public land even if it is "legal". Just because it is legal doesn't always make it a good idea.

Having a band play when there is intense scrutiny on public gatherings right now? Really? Is that a good idea or does it provide the "other side" with more ammunition to portray "our side" as a bunch of reckless assholes that need to be further regulated? You know the answer to that if you're being honest with yourself.

And as far as the "law" goes, I'm willing to bet there haven't been any permits pulled for this nor will that band pack it up at 10PM to comply with the noise ordinance that is in place out there. My guess is they won't give a shit about surrounding camps and keep the party going well into the night. If you want to go letter of the law, then there you go.

Like it or not, people would be better served out there to just mellow out, don't be obnoxious, and don't be a nuisance to those in control. Don't draw negative attention to the place and it'll get left alone. (See how that works?) Anybody who supports the contrary I do lump into the same group. If that's you and you take offense to it, then so be it. Unfortunately, there are many out there who just don't get or refuse to acknowledge that concept and yes, they end up fucking it up for the rest of us.

Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Well they just had KOTH last weekend... That probably wasn't a good idea but the government took the permit money and the show went on...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Its a interesting thing.......I try to go during the week, I work from my RV, there is basically no law enforcement, none, you are on your own. The BLM trucks are parked in the station lot and the Funcos are in the garages. The BLM office at the entrance of Gecko road is closed, nobody around. The bathrooms even say closed on the doors, yet they are open. On a holiday weekend it is the total opposite. BLM and other agencies typically bring in temp help from agencies around the state to deal with the crowds and I have found over the years that those temp folks can be the real problem. They tend to be a bit over zealous as if they are trying to get a full time gig out of the situation.

I dont go to party I go to dune, and as others have mentioned, most of the people that go on holiday weekends have no idea that Glamis is more than vendor row, sand highway and olds, those are there only destinations and they go for the party. Its like the river and Havasu on a big weekend, get up very early, be in the dunes by 7 am, get your fix and be parked back at camp by 9 am and start the bbq. And then try to keep all of the fucksticks from ruining your good time.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Well they just had KOTH last weekend... That probably wasn't a good idea but the government took the permit money and the show went on...

A fully permitted event subject to additional Covid controls, extra money paid for the increased LEO required, and mitigation plans for most scenarios is a little bit different than a disorganized, unregulated, and often rule-disregarding bunch of people out in Glamis - and that is how the managers of the land see it.

I'm playing devil's advocate here, guys. If these behaviors didn't affect me, I wouldn't give a shit. But it does affect me because the casual attitude towards this stuff will eventually get the place closed or even more heavily regulated. We can police ourselves or be policed by those we don't want to be policed by.

Keep it up and you'll lose it. Guaranteed.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
She is a concern for sure. What would she use to make her case to close riding areas like Glamis, I wonder? Perhaps images and LEO stats stemming from the party scenes that will be portrayed in the most negative light possible as a bunch of Mad Max outlaws who need to be dealt with accordingly?

That is what these politicians and treehuggers do. The fact that we leave tracks and sometimes run over bushes is bad enough for them to use against us. Stop giving them even more to work with!

Some of your thinking I agree with, some not. You could be doing everything correct and their end game is to shut everything down. Unless it’s hiking, kayaking, sailing and you know... the boring shit.😜 But, here is an example. This place is heavily in their targets and it’s only a matter of time. They are very organized and heavily funded.

66B18BED-1548-43BB-8E8D-76EB401A8A65.jpeg

Ugly fleabags opposition too

91B29CE8-2FF0-465B-AEA4-ABA8F7E96494.jpeg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Well be out there, the band is likely playing at dang brothers pizza, they’ve had bands play on and off all season. No big deal. Signs all over to where masks. Vendor row even supplies masks every 20ft or so for those that don’t have.
It’s a destination just like Havasu. You want to see chaos go here here or here. You want to dune and see minimal peeps head here or here etc..

The drags are a bigger danger to shut downs then vendor row or a pizza joint with bands

We dune all day, party at night. Half our group parties the other half families go to bed.
All this isn’t anything new, in comparison still less chaos then the 90s shit show. But same with Havasu.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I'm going out with some friends tomorrow and old lady's going out for the first time!

I'm going to take her for a ride in my buddies RZR.
Hopefully it gets her "juices flow'n" about buying one or a rail.

I been looking, but the market has been fucky for the last year or so.

We'll see how it pans out.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I'm going out with some friends tomorrow and old lady's going out for the first time!

I'm going to take her for a ride in my buddies RZR.
Hopefully it gets her "juices flow'n" about buying one or a rail.

I been looking, but the market has been fucky for the last year or so.

We'll see how it pans out.
I got a four seater and I’m going solo so if you guys want to ride with me you can also .

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Its a interesting thing.......I try to go during the week, I work from my RV, there is basically no law enforcement, none, you are on your own. The BLM trucks are parked in the station lot and the Funcos are in the garages. The BLM office at the entrance of Gecko road is closed, nobody around. The bathrooms even say closed on the doors, yet they are open. On a holiday weekend it is the total opposite. BLM and other agencies typically bring in temp help from agencies around the state to deal with the crowds and I have found over the years that those temp folks can be the real problem. They tend to be a bit over zealous as if they are trying to get a full time gig out of the situation.

I dont go to party I go to dune, and as others have mentioned, most of the people that go on holiday weekends have no idea that Glamis is more than vendor row, sand highway and olds, those are there only destinations and they go for the party. Its like the river and Havasu on a big weekend, get up very early, be in the dunes by 7 am, get your fix and be parked back at camp by 9 am and start the bbq. And then try to keep all of the fucksticks from ruining your good time.
That sizes it up perfectly.
Never go alone either.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Well crap...we'll be somewhere on Gecko.
But I appreciate the offer Sir.

Have a safe weekend.
And thank you again.

Take care.

I will be in wash six.I have some friends in Wash 10 and band will be playing in the wash 12 tonight

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Pad 5, wind died down about the time I arrived this afternoon