WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Glamis thanksgiving

69hondo

Reaction score
Ok, let me try this again. LOL We had to bail last minute on veterans but going for Thanksgiving. Anyone else.
Got a buddy going out Monday and we are thinking of going Tuesday to Saturday. Wash 12-14 hopefully.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I keep pushing too, every week, it’s next week to dyno. fingers crossed we’ll be out there this coming weekend to Monday or Tuesday, then havasu bound
9158E79E-CAD7-49D2-AEB5-7CC2DEDF57E8.jpeg

Icky

Reaction score
Heading out Fri and returning Tuesday or Wednesday

jailbird141

Reaction score
Heading out next Monday, coming home on Saturday night to hopefully avoid the traffic 🤞

wallnutz

Reaction score
We will be there Tuesday through Sunday.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
lawd Jesus! nice looking power plant... what's it in? and who's tuning it?

we should be heading out Wednesday morning!
Westech tuning it. Little LS twin whirly bird, should put a solid 250hp down, lol We won’t be out over thanksgiving.
got it running tonight, but programming and dyno are on the where ever they can fit it program. Lol
Is what it is, glamis ain’t going anywhere, prob 1-2 weeks we’ll be shakin her down

69hondo

Reaction score
Westech tuning it. Little LS twin whirly bird, should put a solid 250hp down, lol We won’t be out over thanksgiving.
got it running tonight, but programming and dyno are on the where ever they can fit it program. Lol
Is what it is, glamis ain’t going anywhere, prob 1-2 weeks we’ll be shakin her down
Looks like it went on the dyno on the Instagram page. 👍

77charger

Reaction score
Skipping it this year trand broke ring pinion haloween but even if it was fixed id probably pass.After haloween shit show with newbies in SxSs with no clue on how to drive and torn up dunes i dont mind staying local and gettin the cr500 on the trails.

Have a strong feeling this will be the busiest thanksgving in 20 years.I have done every thanksgiving fir the last 25 years will be first missed and been going to glamis for 36 year.

Icky

Reaction score
Have a strong feeling this will be the busiest thanksgving in 20 years.I have done every thanksgiving fir the last 25 years will be first missed and been going to glamis for 36 year.
Hence why we are leaving Tuesday before everyone shows up

77charger

Reaction score
Hence why we are leaving Tuesday before everyone shows up
Past 15 years we went sat to sat. Before that it was thanksgiving night stay til sun. I liked the sat to sat. Nice mellow sun to wed thurs I cook the turkey so stuck around camp do a night run fri little duning sat head home. Sun to wed we did majority of duning.

This year I just don’t have the excitement even if car was ready. But I’ll get to dragboat finals and Sundance deal next weekend too. Plus take a dirtbike ride this week.

69hondo

Reaction score
Going to try a turkey in the ground. Anyone done it?

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
My father in law does this he cut a 55 gallon drum in half kept the lid. Dig pit insert drum lights charcoal and let it settle down. Puts turkeys in oven bags usually two. Wraps liberally with tin foil and set it in there for a couple hours I think.

Icky

Reaction score
It's windy today, should make for a couple good rides before all the crazys show up

EmpirE231

Reaction score

We did this one year... and will never do it again...
had to dig a huge hole, and burned a couple hundred dollars worth of wood... and it didn't even taste that good.
I am not sure if we did it wrong or what not... but not worth the effort! back to deep fried turkeys!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
i miss glamis for thanksgiving. Always a lot of fun. used to go for 6-7 days. was nice to relax and not feel rushed

cakemoto

Reaction score
Is it packed or what? Thinking about loading u p the bike and come a day or two.

77charger

Reaction score
We did this one year... and will never do it again...
had to dig a huge hole, and burned a couple hundred dollars worth of wood... and it didn't even taste that good.
I am not sure if we did it wrong or what not... but not worth the effort! back to deep fried turkeys!
You did it wrong a friend done a few and no 200 bucks is wood and comes out good.

69hondo

Reaction score
It was windy Thursday morning until around 2pm and then it was great.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
South end was crazy windy too. Didn't stop us from getting some good rides in. I'll get some pics from the wifey but my oldest daughter had a couple break through moments this weekend. She rode from our camp all the way out the Patton hill and all the way back and her grandpas lt80. Then she taught her self to do donuts on her outlaw 50. Couldn't be more proud of my girl!

By the way I'm in the market for an LT80 now. I do have a 2017 Yamaha 90 for trade or sale if anyone is interested.

@69hondo glad to see you had a good trip and that turkey came out great! It's a solid method.

69hondo

Reaction score
South end was crazy windy too. Didn't stop us from getting some good rides in. I'll get some pics from the wifey but my oldest daughter had a couple break through moments this weekend. She rode from our camp all the way out the Patton hill and all the way back and her grandpas lt80. Then she taught her self to do donuts on her outlaw 50. Couldn't be more proud of my girl!

By the way I'm in the market for an LT80 now. I do have a 2017 Yamaha 90 for trade or sale if anyone is interested.

@69hondo glad to see you had a good trip and that turkey came out great! It's a solid method.

Where did you end up camping?

Looks like a great time. THe LT80 is a solid quad. little pain in the ass to work on but all around great bike for the kids and us grown kids 😆 ;) I will keep my eye out for one. We still have ours but my girls and I are not ready to part with it yet.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Where did you end up camping?

Looks like a great time. THe LT80 is a solid quad. little pain in the ass to work on but all around great bike for the kids and us grown kids 😆 ;) I will keep my eye out for one. We still have ours but my girls and I are not ready to part with it yet.
On the holiday weekends we go to olgilby/Patton same side of the washes but on the south end of the dunes. Really family friendly, and people usually give you more space and it's quiet at about 10.

I know we like to got screw around on the LT too😂.

69hondo

Reaction score
On the holiday weekends we go to olgilby/Patton same side of the washes but on the south end of the dunes. Really family friendly, and people usually give you more space and it's quiet at about 10.

Oh ok, never been there. may have to check it out.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Oh ok, never been there. may have to check it out.
The dunes aren't nearly as plentiful as glamis the but it's nice for getting the kids used to the concept.

69hondo

Reaction score

Saw this 80 on Facebook