WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Go On, Brag a little

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Inspired by the adventure @nganga is about to embark upon ( I'll let him brag on that one:oops:o_O:oops:), I'm certain the RDP inmates have done some EPIC shit.

What is the most badass thing you have ever done?

For me, Catalina Ski race is WAY up there... But running a 3:58 mile is top of the list (finished 6th in that race, 0:02 from winning)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have no epic, earth shattering stuff. Never jumped from an airplane, nor run a race of any importance. My stuff would be minor to others, yet massive to me.
Survived an accident and injuries, learned how to walk again and kind of be normal...
So, being able to get myself to the bathroom! Major win ;)
My other personal, massive accomplishment...after 28 years together, I finally won an argument with my wife this last Sunday.
Put a fork in me, I'm done😂

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Ummm, lets see.....I've finished 5 Baja 1000's, bunch of Mint 400's, plus little races I've raised 2 20 something year olds, and been married for 22 years.

My kids competitively raced BMX for many years, and rode for the USA twice, once in Australia and once in England, and in about 20 states all over the US, and I'm glad I was able to see the country with my Family.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
In 1976, I was 5 years old and my dad was a wild man. He sold everything we had, except the horses, built a covered wagon, took my 3 older sisters out of school and we participated in the Bicentennial wagon train from Michigan to Valley Forge Pennsylvania...arriving on the 4th of July. There were wagons from every state in the country...some started over a year ahead of time.

We travelled for 3 or 4 months via covered wagon 1700 miles. I still have some memories of the trip but not all of it like my sisters.

A lot of great stories if you search the web.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I have no epic, earth shattering stuff. Never jumped from an airplane, nor run a race of any importance. My stuff would be minor to others, yet massive to me.
Survived an accident and injuries, learned how to walk again and kind of be normal...
So, being able to get myself to the bathroom! Major win ;)
My other personal, massive accomplishment...after 28 years together, I finally won an argument with my wife this last Sunday.
Put a fork in me, I'm done😂
You know she let you win right? 😁

I stayed in a Holiday Inn once.
My first thought too. 😂

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Hell no! I was like a Harvard Law grad, went into this one prepped and dialed...

Still thought I was going to lose 😂
Maybe it was the suit? 😁
1628034073529.jpeg

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
From 85-94 I coached and played on my own Men’s A/B Division Fast Fitch Softball Team. We were nationally ranked in each division. We played in 6 National Tournaments and placed in the top 5 three times and in the top 10 once. We were based out of Stockton, Ca and averaged about 80 games a year. We played out of state quite often. We would always get an invite to the open division tune up tournament each year before everyone’s respective National. It was all about the best pitching you could find. Three of my guys played minor league ball and stood out as you could imagine. We faced many pitchers from Canada and down under. One guy from New Zealand played for Larry Miller Toyota, yes the same guy who owned the Jazz. It cost us about 15k a year to play and cover travel.

Many of my friends went on to play for Team USA in the Pan Am Games.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
you were the scout MASTER?

I served the BSA for over 13 years. Helped a whole bunch of kids achieve Eagle Scout, including my own son. Still friends with a lot of those kids.

The three Scout Masters I served under were some of the finest humans I've known. All of their sons became Eagle Scouts, and one guy has both of his sons in the Coast Guard now. All of these boys have done well.

I also have a daughter that saved all her own money to attend USC to become a physician assistant. I'm beyond proud of her.

My kids are my claim to fame. 👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You don't really think you won do you??? She's gonna bring that shit back up in 6 months or so, when you're not prepared, and she's gonna roast your ass!!!!!
Probably true, but that'll be during winter...she won't stomp through the snow for a fight.
The thaw may bring hell, but then the river takes over...always puts her in a good mood.
Dammit boys, I'm golden.(At least let me believe it for now 😂 )

HBCraig

Reaction score
From 85-94 I coached and played on my own Men’s A/B Division Fast Fitch Softball Team. We were nationally ranked in each division. We played in 6 National Tournaments and placed in the top 5 three times and in the top 10 once. We were based out of Stockton, Ca and averaged about 80 games a year. We played out of state quite often. We would always get an invite to the open division tune up tournament each year before everyone’s respective National. It was all about the best pitching you could find. Three of my guys played minor league ball and stood out as you could imagine. We faced many pitchers from Canada and down under. One guy from New Zealand played for Larry Miller Toyota, yes the same guy who owned the Jazz. It cost us about 15k a year to play and cover travel.

Many of my friends went on to play for Team USA in the Pan Am Games.
I did an exhibition with Eddie Feigner back in the mid to late 90's. He answered his son were good dudes. I got invited cuz I was a sponsored player for TPS.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I did an exhibition with Eddie Feigner back in the mid to late 90's. He answered his son were good dudes. I got invited cuz I was a sponsored player for TPS.

Very cool, Eddie came to Stockton and what a show he put on.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I don't like sharing my life online but some trivia:

* First and foremost 😁 I met River Dave maybe 20 years ago. In Burbank.
* I hitchhiked across the country and back and survived a 140MPH run in a Chevelle with the windows open
* I've been to the top of the Trade Center Towers several times
* I was at Seacamp on Big Pine Key when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon
* I've negotiated and closed several $60M+ deals in China
* I drove drunk once and was pulled over by the PoPo who took my keys and told me to sleep it off
* I played on an ice hockey team for several years
* I've driven on Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill and Infineon Raceway
* I lived in Japan and I ate poisonous fugu sushi there
* I've been in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on the same day

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I am in the outdoor racquetball Gall of Fame. I am a 7 time world champion

A dubious honor

"Outdoor racquetball" - hmmm, I've played paddleball outdoors, racquetball indoors, squash, tennis, badminton. What's outdoor racquetball?

I haven't played pickleball because I have a torn rotator cuff from a lifetime of racket sports and throwing baseballs and footballs

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
I can attest, over the years I have posted on a stupid wannabe social media platform, 1 day I hope I will be brave enough to start a thread. Not sure if I'm emotionally ready, but I really want to increase my rank.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Inspired by the adventure @nganga is about to embark upon ( I'll let him brag on that one:oops:o_O:oops:), I'm certain the RDP inmates have done some EPIC shit.

What is the most badass thing you have ever done?

For me, Catalina Ski race is WAY up there... But running a 3:58 mile is top of the list (finished 6th in that race, 0:02 from winning)

I'll put a thread up on the event before I fly to the start.

Most of my other "bragging rights" stuff has happened hunting and fishing all over the planet. Hunting doesn't go over well anymore so its best left off the internet. But Jeremy Wade has nothing on me.

piraiba1.jpg

piraiba2.jpg

Last edited: