WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Go On, Brag a little

River Runnin

Reaction score
🤔 .... Don't think I'd be able to choose just one! :D .... But Did spark a couple a ol' has been memories! :)

Went down twice in Helicopters and walked away
Island hopped the Ryukyu islands in a Cobra
Got to stand inside the Columbia on Pad 39A just before launch
STS-5 launch team, Space Shuttle Recovery Team Member
;)

STS 5.jpg

Wayn-o

Reaction score
1 Baja 1000 win to La Paz, 2 baja 500 wins, 6-2nd place Baja 1000, Score 2nd overall points twice and class 2nd place twice, 4 MDR wins and MDR points champ.
Rode stand up 550 jet skis to Catalina and back from Dana Point.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Got pitted in a tube big swell day at t-street on my Stewart 9' hyrdohull. Couldn't pull out in time and snapped it in half. Next week I bought an infinity v cluster board that served me well, then sold it 18 years later before escaping to AZ under CA refugee status.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Dropped out of college when I was 20, moved to Australia and traveled all over. I eventually made my way to Cairns Australia and I got a job on a 65' sailboat. I got to scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef 3 or 4 days/nights a week.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…hmmm???…I’m gonna have to go with I’ve gotten my stack of reading material high enough to where it could fall and seriously injure me… so I would say my biggest achievement so far is the stack of books hasn’t fallen and I’m not in the ER…

…Almost forgot..,drove a Front Motored Fueler in the mid 60s …Nerfed Charles Manson off the dance floor at the Topanga Corall…late sixties… May even have thrown him out of our driveway in Malibu… late 60s… That one I cannot prove???… hung out with Janice Joplin 1970 ……Sat in John F Kennedy‘s Rockingchair from the White House at Peter Lawford‘s house in the 70s…there’s probably a whole bunch more crazy stuff I’ve been exposed to…Dunno???..,
BBE30835-3185-4F3F-8EF0-4BCF3230BC0F.jpeg

Last edited:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I tied my shoes all by myself today! Suck it Velcro it's been real it's been fun but after 36 years I'm done!

HBCraig

Reaction score
"Outdoor racquetball" - hmmm, I've played paddleball outdoors, racquetball indoors, squash, tennis, badminton. What's outdoor racquetball?

I haven't played pickleball because I have a torn rotator cuff from a lifetime of racket sports and throwing baseballs and footballs
You will be fine with pickleball

Little to no arm stress. Seriously. I have a torn labrum and it's all good

RaceTec

Reaction score
I had no clue how many of you have done cool stuff! Not to mention how many racers... Only have two races yet to go to, would prefer to work them but it has been a long time, Le Mans and Monaco. Other than that been lucky enough to live my late 20's and early 30's traveling and working at races, been there done that from being chased down pit road after qualifying at the 24 hours of Daytona and then the team going on to win the race. Spent many a month of May in Indy. To the most fun with the best group of people doing offroad races my last wrenching race was the 2006 Baja 1000. Now I am lucky that I get to design and help people win races from Reno Air Races to prototype cars and still my favorite off road stuff! Raised three great kids somewhere in the middle too! (They weren't mine) Now on to my second better half of my life! (Hopefully!)

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
.. But running a 3:58 mile is top of the list (finished 6th in that race, 0:02 from winning)
Holy Shit ! As in 'Running Running like foot race???? . . . that's insane !
I think I did a 6:36 in Junior Lifeguards and thought I was the shit ! LOL.

Reactions: DWC

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've done some boring shit like meeting a sitting President and beating Cancer but probably my greatest accomplishment is being banned from a boating forum over 100 times and still being able to post.😆

franky

Reaction score
I served the BSA for over 13 years. Helped a whole bunch of kids achieve Eagle Scout, including my own son. Still friends with a lot of those kids.

The three Scout Masters I served under were some of the finest humans I've known. All of their sons became Eagle Scouts, and one guy has both of his sons in the Coast Guard now. All of these boys have done well.

I also have a daughter that saved all her own money to attend USC to become a physician assistant. I'm beyond proud of her.

My kids are my claim to fame. 👍
Whenever I saw a resume with Eagle Scout on it, that was an automatic interview for that person. Just saying...

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Whenever I saw a resume with Eagle Scout on it, that was an automatic interview for that person. Just saying...
x2. for sure. I also know many other businessmen that agree as well

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Both my boys are Eagle Scouts. That scenario repeated itself several times when my youngest don was looking for a job at 18. 👍🏾

HBCraig

Reaction score
I give that it's due attention

Also when interviewing folks for sales, I look to see if they played college sports. It seems small but all of the athletes have 2 things in common. First, they know how to manage their time as they had to do that in college playing a sport and studying. Second, they want to win and they don't give up. A lesson learned playing sports. Seems odd but it has held true so far.

RichieRich

Reaction score
Legit dude. Legit. Did you ever do Loretta Lynns?
thanks man...he has been injured for Loretta's so we have not made it out there yet...BTW Loretta's is happening this week

DWC

Reaction score
I give that it's due attention

Also when interviewing folks for sales, I look to see if they played college sports. It seems small but all of the athletes have 2 things in common. First, they know how to manage their time as they had to do that in college playing a sport and studying. Second, they want to win and they don't give up. A lesson learned playing sports. Seems odd but it has held true so far.
Seems true across all sales. Also, gives them a cool opening and something to talk about.

2Driver

Reaction score
You guys have some awesome stories.

Ill think up something.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Some good short stories here, I dig it. There’s many accomplishments I’m proud of but only one story that’s epic. You old timers will enjoy.

nowski

Reaction score
Road my Honda Interceptor from So. Cal to Yosemite on a solo trip / whim.

Bought a Honda Interceptor on a Monday back in the 80's and left on my trip the following Friday after my 2nd shift ended. I had all the basics leather jacket, helmet, tent, sleeping bag, minimal clothing and my fishing pole strapped to the back.

My journey before getting to my destination included stops at Keough Hot Springs, Owens River, Mammoth Mountain, June Lake Loop and Mono Lake. When I finally entered Yosemite traveling on the Tioga Pass I stripped down to only shorts, and shoes. I strapped my helmet to the back of my bike and that's where it remained the entire time while riding through the park. I often wondered what would be the best way to experience Yosemite and my vision became a reality.

But wait there's more: After leaving Yosemite I road to another favorite destination, Bass Lake. I road all around that place and even went to the Angel Falls water slides to cool off, go down some bitchin slides and to wash up a bit, I reeked. I hung out at one of my favorite watering holes (the old) Ducey's, enjoyed some live music and called it another day. I spent my last night at the Angel Falls packed it up the next morning and road back to So. Cal. I crammed a lot in a 7 day time span but had an experience I'll never forget...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I drink so I know I have done Bitchen stuff 🤣😎 we bought the Cedar city sheriff bullet
had the pleasure to hang out with Eddie and Alex Van Halen more than a few times, oh the stories those guys tell.
[/QUOT

do tell

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn, reading about all of you here, made me realize something......
I haven't done shit!

My kids are great, doing good, but that's because they're smart enough to make good decisions. I married a great woman...but that may reflect poorly on her. After all, she did marry me? Best things I've done, paid for my homes. If I kick, less burden on the family.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I was in the adult internet business for 8 years. I've seen some things. lol

HBCraig

Reaction score
Seems true across all sales. Also, gives them a cool opening and something to talk about.
100%

Put something cool and unique on your resume. When you start having a "normal conversation " with your interviewer you are home free.

And for Pete's sake, do a little research on the company interviewing you and also the person.

Reactions: DWC