WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Goin to Moab

81Sprint

Reaction score
Registered for the Easter Jeep Safari for the week of Easter, super excited! Never been there, always have wanted to go, the pictures of it look amazing. Anyone have any insight on what to do or avoid? Staying at the ACT campground, which RV space was pretty hard to find for that week seems like everyone books a year out.

IMG_0826.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Have fun.
Where are you located?
I know the Temecula Jeep Club and San Diego Jeep Club are heading out. I would connect with a local club and they can help a ton.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Have fun.
Where are you located?
I know the Temecula Jeep Club and San Diego Jeep Club are heading out. I would connect with a local club and they can help a ton.
I'm in Vegas, I registered us for the first timers package, it will probably be a little on the tame side but without the experience i didn't want to push it. They have another one in the Fall, if we like it i will get some more difficult trails.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm in Vegas, I registered us for the first timers package, it will probably be a little on the tame side but without the experience i didn't want to push it. They have another one in the Fall, if we like it i will get some more difficult trails.

You will love it!
We went back in 2017 and I have wanted to go back since.

Make sure to have your recovery gear and patience

TBulger

Reaction score
So sorry to tell you, but I believe it was canceled again Feb 3rd.

I stand corrected it’s back on, I will try to register for the event as well.

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
You will love it!
We went back in 2017 and I have wanted to go back since.

Make sure to have your recovery gear and patience
Got all the gear covered, just need to add a good CB

81Sprint

Reaction score
It was never cancelled, the facebook forums were posting that back and forth, but i just talked to the event staff at Red Rock 4 Wheelers and it's a go. Today was opening registration for the trails for members. I was all set to go last year when it got cancelled, not missing this one.

Singleton

Reaction score

Organizers and the City of Moab was able to get everything resolved with the county and state. A few of the larger group events are cancelled, but all the trail runs are good to go

81Sprint

Reaction score
The plan for this trip is to get our feet wet and know where to go/camp/site see. I really don't like staying in campgrounds, i would rather find a camping spot out by ourselves and be off the grid, but for this time just gonna have to suck it up. So we will focus more on that this trip, and maybe do another in a month or so and really get out on the trails. I really would like to hit fins and things, seems like a badass trail

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thrat looks like fun and makes me wish I had a Jeep. Moab has always been on my bucket list.

DLC

Reaction score
Moab is awesome! It’s like wheeling on sand paper! Tires grip really well. I have 35’s on my TJ and ran 8-10 psi with bead locks

when you approach an obstacle give it a little throttle boost when the rear axles starts to hit it - it’s called the Moab bump and helps pop UP your rear tire, hard to describe - it’s a little bit of momentum. At times if you move just an inch or 2 left or right you can make it up an obstacle, so watch people who make it look easy! Take note of their tire placement & approach

Everything will be just swamped busy busy! Stores and restaurants long waits, so plan ahead.

get a go pro with different mounts it’s fun to watch video from the day of wheeling while eating dinner and w/ a beer, plan for all types of weather, warm rain and snow

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
its soooo awesome only been once but so awesome coolppeps to

attitude

Reaction score
Stopped there with my dad on our way back from hunting in central Utah about 3-4 years ago since we had the RZR with us, beautiful place! It would have been nice to have someone experienced with the area guide us around but we still had a good time.
0587A437-9F76-4853-889A-FC6EF7659D32.jpeg
03428B12-70C7-430E-965D-41830CB871E2.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Since the City (MOAB) is trying to stop all OHV activities except the hikers and bikers (not motorcycles) the Rally on the Rocks event has moved south! Rally on the Rocks

City has already implemented new restrictions on SXS. It has been talked about since June/July, that the city was going to do this, if the SXS owners did not follow city rules. All that changes is if you own a SXS, you will need to trailer to the trails and not drive.

Most of the restrictions on group gatherings are county controlled. Moab knows if needs the off-road community. They just wish the SXS owners would of respected the road curfew they had in place prior to the new restrictions

nowski

Reaction score
Moab should be on everyone's bucket-list whether you have a Jeep or not. The landscape is like no other on this planet and the alpenglow at sunset is just stunning...

BTW if your looking to camp there is like 10 different campgrounds along the Colorado River just outside of the park...

Attachments

• Utah 1.jpg
    Utah 1.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Utah 2.jpg
    Utah 2.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Utah 3.jpg
    Utah 3.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Utah 4.jpg
    Utah 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Utah 4-1.jpg
    Utah 4-1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 43
  • Utah 5.jpg
    Utah 5.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 40
  • Utah 6.jpg
    Utah 6.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Utah 7.jpg
    Utah 7.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 35

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
shit i'm going dirt biking there for a week at that time. I try to miss the jeep weeks. Hoping there isnt gonna be too much crowds and clogs. non campground camping is kinda sparce anywhere near town. we're boondocking it for a the first weekend then moving to a campground then leaving and hitting monument valley and williams on the way home.
five miles of hell
1613838687350.png

the view from the scenic turnout on I70 left is san rafeal swell right and further off is moab
1613838863610.png

"dead cow" trail
1613838936725.png

along the green river north of Moab
1613839027531.png

Attachments

• 1613838683113.png
    1613838683113.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Groper

Reaction score
Stopped there with my dad on our way back from hunting in central Utah about 3-4 years ago since we had the RZR with us, beautiful place! It would have been nice to have someone experienced with the area guide us around but we still had a good time. View attachment 974674
This photo was taken on "Fin's n Things" that's a fun trail especially with a light snow covering it 😲
03428B12-70C7-430E-965D-41830CB871E2.jpeg

I can't wait to go back to MOAB it's a Disneyland for big kids with Jeep's & SxS's
It's best to go before or after the Jamboree when it's not soooo fng crowded.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
shit i'm going dirt biking there for a week at that time. I try to miss the jeep weeks. Hoping there isnt gonna be too much crowds and clogs. non campground camping is kinda sparce anywhere near town. we're boondocking it for a the first weekend then moving to a campground then leaving and hitting monument valley and williams on the way home.
five miles of hell
View attachment 974710
the view from the scenic turnout on I70 left is san rafeal swell right and further off is moab
View attachment 974712
"dead cow" trail
View attachment 974713
along the green river north of Moab
View attachment 974714
. Monument Valley is closed for Covd last I heard. Hopefully I’m wrong and you get to see it. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the USA

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
. Monument Valley is closed for Covd last I heard. Hopefully I’m wrong and you get to see it. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the USA
thanks for the heads up. we're just driving through on the way to ride williams. maybe stop and buy some tourist crap from the stands. the couple we're going with hasn't seen it yet.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Just up the road a few hours drove through a bunch of times never stopped , take lots o pictures 😎

Sandlord

Reaction score
Cool, I’ll be there end of Mar and beginning of April.
Thanks for all the ideas of places to see.

Machally

Reaction score
Moab is incredible. Make sure to do Top of the World, It’s a short fairly easy trail but the views are amazing. You definitely don’t want to hang of the front of your jeep like the guy with the white jeep! The orange jeep is mine, the white one belongs to a crazy Canadian dude we met along the way. The drop off is 2,500 ft straight down!
78EBF91D-37C6-45EA-9F79-C44B37AB7E82.jpeg
E0DC67AB-8606-4870-8806-D9077DDD859C.jpeg

2Driver

Reaction score
The plan for this trip is to get our feet wet and know where to go/camp/site see. I really don't like staying in campgrounds, i would rather find a camping spot out by ourselves and be off the grid, but for this time just gonna have to suck it up. So we will focus more on that this trip, and maybe do another in a month or so and really get out on the trails. I really would like to hit fins and things, seems like a badass trail

If you are going all that way to be in the crowds at least sign up for a run. Both Hey Joe and Elephant Hill are rated 4 out of 10 in difficulty and you would benefit from being in a group on those rides. Both those rides fill up fast and you should have a CB. You can read about the trail details on the red rock 4 wheelers site to see if you are comfortable.
Like I said, fins and things is pretty easy and you can run it anytime. It looks intimidating but the actual obstacles aren’t bad. My son drove it when he was 17 in our Rubicon and it only has 34’s on it.

BD81A5E2-B333-44F7-8D3B-EF91B04F773E.jpeg

Last edited:

Riley1

Reaction score
We had planned to go. We cancelled our 8 day RV reservation last week. With no vendor show or group gathering we decided to reschedule for next year.

81Sprint

Reaction score
If you are going all that way to be in the crowds at least sign up for a run. Both Hey Joe and Elephant Hill are rated 4 out of 10 in difficulty and you would benefit from being in a group on those rides. Both those rides fill up fast and you should have a CB. You can read about the trail details on the red rock 4 wheelers site to see if you are comfortable.
Like I said, fins and things is pretty easy and you can run it anytime. It looks intimidating but the actual obstacles aren’t bad. My son drove it when he was 17 in our Rubicon and it only has 34’s on it.

I signed up for the beginners package which includes 3 trails, we are going the 27th -31st.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Just the wife to Moab/Arches.
We’re starting in Cave Creek, then Moab, then Williams, then Wickenburg. 4 days each.

Sounds fun. This has been a bucket list deal for me for years. Have a great time!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Since our Jeep friends have to bail out after Cave creek, we decided this will be just a recon for future trips.

We were in Dove Springs last weekend when we had to stop and let the San Diego jeep club go by...

There must have been at least fourty of them!!! We had to sit and wait for awhile! LoL