WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

going to cabo and stay at the casa dorado resort

mobldj

Reaction score
i know we will get our heads cut off but what are the suggestions for stuff to do.we will be there 4 days.tia.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
i know we will get our heads cut off but what are the suggestions for stuff to do.we will be there 4 days.tia.

Fishing and parasailing is what we do every time we go. And we always spend a wondering around town so the wife can go through the shops.

cofooter

Reaction score
If you have a car drive north towards Todos Santos one day. Miles and miles of beautiful deserted beaches and Todo's Santos is a cool little town.

Shane54

Reaction score
Casa Dorado is right behind the Mango Deck and has an excellent spot on Medano beach. That area is swimable. You have Edith's and the Office right down the way, which are great places to eat / drink. There is also a great restaurant right across the street called Bar Esquina, that usually has live music during the evening and wonderful food. It's a short walk to the marina and touristy area. I wouldn't be concerned one bit walking in that area. Have an amazing trip!!

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Misiones de Kino, Slim's Elbow Room, El Farralon, Monkey Business, Cock's Cantina is near your hotel, Cabo Wabo usually has live music on the weekends

Bajastu

Reaction score
I was just there last month. Make reservations now! They have limited capacity at all restaurants and bars. FYI, it’s cleaner than the states down there and they take Covid pretty serious.

charred1

Reaction score
Headed down on the 23rd. Never been there...gonna still some of the suggestions peeps made. Lol

TCHB

Reaction score
I hope the water clears up…. Storms have been pretty bad the last couple weeks.
1. Fishing
2. Beaches are nice
3 pool time
i walked around the marina checking out all the cool boats

shaffewm

Reaction score
Flora Farms if you want to get a driver. Its worth it. Edith's, There is a little restaurant if you go out the door and go left up the hill, on the right awesome breakfast! Monkey business is great for margies. If you don't like the vibe at Mango deck or get tired of the vendors the hotel has a good area on the sand for guests only. Mama's cafe for breakfast Pozole is also the bomb!

termiteguy

Reaction score
We were there 3 weeks ago our first time it was so much fun never felt unsafe ever we will be going back again. I was really apprehensive about going due to safety never an issue have fun

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
#1 activity is always sit at the pool and eat/drink. What I like to do is rent snorkle gear drive out to the beach that's 7-8 miles outside of town. I usually go in the morning and I'm done by lunch. I think its called Chileano bay. I drove to Todos Santos and there is a surf beach with a restaraunt on the beach they will serve you drinks and lunch and there is hardly anyone there. Thats Cerritos beach. Take a panga to Lover's beach. I like to go fishing out of San Jose Del Cabo and also walk the downtown shopping area there and get dinner. I prefer San Jose Del Cabo anyway its more relaxing environment so if you want a change of pace you can try that but its pretty far from Cabo.

Taboma

Reaction score
They get nailed by Hurricane Olaf a few days ago and it's back to business as usual already ? Guess they've got the place far more hardened against storms then the back in the days when only fisherman went there.
Have a great time 👍 👍 👍

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Dinner at the trailer park if its still there
The Trailer Park was excellent. But, I believe it’s long gone. Daughter and SIL went recently to Cabo. They snorkeled out by the Arch. Said there was considerable surge and the visibility wasn’t too good. But, overall they had a good time. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire until long after your trip.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you have a car drive north towards Todos Santos one day. Miles and miles of beautiful deserted beaches and Todo's Santos is a cool little town.

I lived for 2 months at San Pedrito RV park just south of Todos Santos.
Had a tent site with a Palapa...$2 a day.
The hotel California is in todos Santos

Circa 2000
10607393-1052-4071-A072-B5673BF7AB92.jpeg
D4D864DD-D74A-4DB2-A3BA-D97ECA0C22F6.jpeg

cofooter

Reaction score
The Trailer Park was excellent. But, I believe it’s long gone. Daughter and SIL went recently to Cabo. They snorkeled out by the Arch. Said there was considerable surge and the visibility wasn’t too good. But, overall they had a good time. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire until long after your trip.
It is still there. At least is was last winter. Make sure to tell the taxi to take you to the right one. The original trailer park is La Golondrina. Make reservations.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
There’s a sushi/seafood place in town called Wasabe’s. Great food and very reasonably priced!

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatnam2

Reaction score
I had a timeshare there when it was built. Edith's is next door really good food, office right outside of gate, fun afternoon and stumble home. I had some local pick me up few days out of the week on beach in a smaller boat and fished local shores. Mi casa for Mexican food. Take glass bottom to arch and snorkel rock area to left, lots of fish.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Casa Dorado is right behind the Mango Deck and has an excellent spot on Medano beach. That area is swimable. You have Edith's and the Office right down the way, which are great places to eat / drink. There is also a great restaurant right across the street called Bar Esquina, that usually has live music during the evening and wonderful food. It's a short walk to the marina and touristy area. I wouldn't be concerned one bit walking in that area. Have an amazing trip!!

This!!!

Roosky01

Reaction score
Take in the sunset from The Rooftop at The Cape Hotel. Great outside lounge, music, drinks, and small plate food and one the the best places around to watch the sun go down with your sweetie.

Opens at 6pm and you want to get there in plenty of time before sunset to get a good seat.

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
On the way to Cabo from the airport in San Jose there is a little place to eat called Sardina Cantina. It has been 8 years but it had the best tortilla soup ever I think about it all the time.

Waterheater

Reaction score
We were there in April. Love that place! Rooms are really nice and you are right next to everything. Can't wait to go back!

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
This.....Have stayed at Casa Dorado many times. Nice resort and great location. Shane54 recommendation is spot on.