WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Golden Retriever Puppy Wanted

Backlash

Reaction score
Good evening Folks! My wife and I are in search of an adorable little retriever to add to our current family. Male or female is fine, but she is requesting a puppy less than 3 months old. Other than that requirement, we are pretty flexible. Anyone know of any available or have any recommendations such as friends or family? Please let me know! We are in L.A. but would be willing to make a drive for the right one. Thank you in advance!

4Waters

Reaction score
I know a breeder boat peeps I met them at the lake last year. I'll get a card tomorrow if they are at Castiac or I'll have my wife hit her up on Facebook.

4Waters

Reaction score
Good evening Folks! My wife and I are in search of an adorable little retriever to add to our current family. Male or female is fine, but she is requesting a puppy less than 3 months old. Other than that requirement, we are pretty flexible. Anyone know of any available or have any recommendations such as friends or family? Please let me know! We are in L.A. but would be willing to make a drive for the right one. Thank you in advance!
Wife's already on it. LOL

https://lakesidegoldenretrievers.com/

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Mother in law just had a litter a couple weeks ago. Corona area.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Water dogs, my favorite.

Backlash

Reaction score
I agree! When we got our bulldog, we were somewhat worried that she wouldn't enjoy the water. Boy were we wrong! Now when we try to leave the river, she digs her paws in the sand and refuses to leave. We have to pull her away by her leash just to get her in the car. Then she gives us attitude the whole way home. Hahahaha!!!

Loo Dog

Reaction score
B02D7C32-BDC3-4F54-AB8A-D964CD8F695C.jpeg
8443EF03-8EB7-44ED-9E66-189A081F4E62.jpeg

Pool or bath time, she won’t get out! I literally have to drag her out of the pool, she’d swim all day. That’s her Dad and grandpa of the current litter chillin’ with the shades on. Backlash, I requested current pics of the pups this morning. I will PM you and others with more info once I have it.

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the video. My wife has her heart set on a little puppy, so if that's what she wants, then that's what she's going to get.

;)

Backlash

Reaction score
My better half is scouring the internet as we speak, so I'm sure we'll end up with a new addition in the next few weeks. As cute as Biscuit is, we are going to pass on him.

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you!! We are so thrilled!! We dunked her in the pool for a second and will introduce her to Parker later this week. She has a GREAT disposition and seems to be extremely loving! My wife has wanted another Golden for a long time and I think she is happy with our new addition!

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Wow, that was fast. Wanted Friday and found Sunday. That would set a record in my household.

Where did you find her? We would also be interested.

Spot

Reaction score
There is a super cool Goldie at the Baldwin Park animal shelter. I saw it today. I don’t know it’s status though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Backlash

Reaction score
My wife has been looking for some time and I just posted the thread here on Friday. She had already communicated with other folks and had reviewed tons of bios and photos by the time I posted this thread. She found what she wanted and we weren't going to let the opportunity slip by. Our Bella came from a breeder in the L.A. area and we are happy with the way things went.

Backlash

Reaction score
Good morning Folks.

We've had our little girl Bella for four days now and have thoroughly enjoyed her. She has been the cutest little puppy anyone could ask for and my wife and children have been loving their time with her. In the last two days, her eating had slowed and she seemed lethargic. She wasn't eating much but was still drinking and urinating on a regular basis. She didn't seem to be feeling good, so we took her to the vet this morning.

Parvo.

We had a decision to make and I think we made the right decision. Euthanization or open up the wallets and try to treat her.

We left her at the emergency clinic where they will try and help her the best they can. My wife and one of the boys were crying, and I too noticed some dust in the air. Damn.

We had planned to head out to Parker today but after getting a root canal yesterday and dealing with this situation this morning, I'm not real motivated to pack up to leave.

My wife is really disappointed but we are hopeful that something can be done. Neither one of us was willing to throw in the towel even though weve only had her in our lives for four days. Crazy how an animal can affect a person(s) in such a short amount of time.

Thankfully we kept our English bulldog and Bella apart for the past four days. They had sniffed one another but weren't left alone together unattended. I kept their feeding separate and hadn't allowed the two to interact much. Looking back, this was probably a good thing as parvo can be spread from animal to animal. We are cleaning up and have started washing everything in Clorox and doing our best to disinfect the things that Bella had been exposed to. Our other dog is up to date on her shots so according to the vet, this shouldn't affect her.

After reading the thread about Andrew losing his pup, I just felt compelled to share our experience. I'll update this thread as we learn more.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I’m so sorry to read this. Will be praying for your pup Bella and sending good thoughts your way.

I’m hoping for the best.

NicPaus

Reaction score
That's a tough one. Did the pup have any of its shots? Usually wait 2 weeks after last vaccination before taking them out and about. Parvo can stay active for a long time. Hope She pulls through.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes Sir she had the first round and was a scheduled for another shot five weeks from now.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning Folks.

We've had our little girl Bella for four days now and have thoroughly enjoyed her. She has been the cutest little puppy anyone could ask for and my wife and children have been loving their time with her. In the last two days, her eating had slowed and she seemed lethargic. She wasn't eating much but was still drinking and urinating on a regular basis. She didn't seem to be feeling good, so we took her to the vet this morning.

Parvo.

We had a decision to make and I think we made the right decision. Euthanization or open up the wallets and try to treat her.

We left her at the emergency clinic where they will try and help her the best they can. My wife and one of the boys were crying, and I too noticed some dust in the air. Damn.

We had planned to head out to Parker today but after getting a root canal yesterday and dealing with this situation this morning, I'm not real motivated to pack up to leave.

My wife is really disappointed but we are hopeful that something can be done. Neither one of us was willing to throw in the towel even though weve only had her in our lives for four days. Crazy how an animal can affect a person(s) in such a short amount of time.

Thankfully we kept our English bulldog and Bella apart for the past four days. They had sniffed one another but weren't left alone together unattended. I kept their feeding separate and hadn't allowed the two to interact much. Looking back, this was probably a good thing as parvo can be spread from animal to animal. We are cleaning up and have started washing everything in Clorox and doing our best to disinfect the things that Bella had been exposed to. Our other dog is up to date on her shots so according to the vet, this shouldn't affect her.

After reading the thread about Andrew losing his pup, I just felt compelled to share our experience. I'll update this thread as we learn more.
Hang in there. Parvo is definitely treatable. I adopted a mutt puppy years ago and she ended up at the vet within the first week with parvo.

It was touch and go for the first few days, and I came real close to having her put down because she wasn’t getting better, but when the chest X-ray came back negative after a few days it gave us hope. She made a turn and beat it. Cost me 2k (20 years ago) so it won’t be cheap, but it’ll make for a stronger dog in the long run.

You’re doing the right thing for Bella and your family. :)

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you Brian this is good news to hear. We are hopeful and waiting to hear from the clinic.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Totally sux!
I hope the breeder has a good reputation and wants to keep it that way and steps up and takes care of the med bills!!!

Backlash

Reaction score
Obviously that thought has crossed my mind Mike. I made one phone call with no answer, and my wife made a phone call with no answer. She left a message when we found out this morning but they haven't called back. I hope this is a mere fluke and not someone intentionally avoiding customers. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Thank you guys for the kind words of support.

4Waters

Reaction score
Obviously that thought has crossed my mind Mike. I made one phone call with no answer, and my wife made a phone call with no answer. She left a message when we found out this morning but they haven't called back. I hope this is a mere fluke and not someone intentionally avoiding customers. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Thank you guys for the kind words of support.
You didn't get Bella from this guy did you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-charges-after-years-of-fox-11-investigations

hqdefault.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Good morning Folks.

Parvo.

How is Bella responding to the treatment?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really hoping that she can beat this... sorry y'all are going through this with her :(

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

getreal

Reaction score
My friend's breeder in Houston has White Golden puppies.
20190607_204729.jpg

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Years ago my wife and I rescued a puppy from Karma Rescue. Turned out that puppy had distemper. We spent 3 grand at the vet in just a few weeks before he had to be put down. Karma rescue wouldn't help out at all or even refund is the "$500 rehoming fee"

Backlash

Reaction score

Well folks, that's exactly who we purchased Bella from. Damnit.

Bella is still being treated at the emergency clinic and she is now undergoing a plasma treatment. It's all still up in the air.

Back up to Thursday.

We left Bella at the emergency clinic and headed home to think for a bit. My wife and kids really wanted to head out to the river, so we did. We got their safely Thursday evening even though we took Rice Road. Enjoyed a beautiful evening and went to bed at a decent hour. We all woke up Friday and hung out for a bit. Stopped for lunch at Roadrunner then spent some time fishing the strip. Came back to the house empty handed and made my wife a believer that I am unable to pull through in the clench. :D

We got up this morning and decided it was best to head home and check on Bella. She is still at the center and is stable. No better and no worse.

Thank you for posting the link to the POS we bought our beautiful Bella from. I showed my wife the picture and she said "That's him! Where did you find those!?"

River Dave's Place.

;)

Weve already been on the phone with Downey PD, the SPCA and have emailed the Department of Consumer and Business Affairs.

Jesus. What a week.

4Waters

Reaction score

Bella is still being treated at the emergency clinic and she is now undergoing a plasma treatment. It's all still up in the air.

Back up to Thursday.

We left Bella at the emergency clinic and headed home to think for a bit. My wife and kids really wanted to head out to the river, so we did. We got their safely Thursday evening even though we took Rice Road. Enjoyed a beautiful evening and went to bed at a decent hour. We all woke up Friday and hung out for a bit. Stopped for lunch at Roadrunner then spent some time fishing the strip. Came back to the house empty handed and made my wife a believer that I am unable to pull through in the clench. :D

We got up this morning and decided it was best to head home and check on Bella. She is still at the center and is stable. No better and no worse.

Thank you for posting the link to the POS we bought our beautiful Bella from. I showed my wife the picture and she said "That's him! Where did you find those!?"

River Dave's Place.

;)

Weve already been on the phone with Downey PD, the SPCA and have emailed the Department of Consumer and Business Affairs.

Jesus. What a week.
Damn man so sorry, I'm glad my post brought light to the situation and you have contacted the authorities, that POS needs to die, he has brought so much heart ache too so many other families.

I am glad Bella is stable and as far as I'm concerned not getting worse is a step in the right direction. Keep up the fight Bella.

Last edited:

FishSniper

Reaction score

Back up to Thursday.

River Dave's Place.

;)

Jesus. What a week.
Crazy i have a friend of a friend who also bought a dog from that scamming pos. This scenario is the reason if buying a dog a lot of research needs to be done. Best of luck to Bella hope she pulls through.

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you guys I appreciate the support and the kind words. 4Waters hats off to you brother for the link. Much appreciated.

No wonder this Gustavo asshat isn't returning my calls......his ass is locked up! :D

4Waters

Reaction score
Thank you guys I appreciate the support and the kind words. 4Waters hats off to you brother for the link. Much appreciated.

No wonder this Gustavo asshat isn't returning my calls......his ass is locked up! :D
One thing is for sure, here on River Dave's Place we're on top of shit and it's usually better info than the media. ;)

Backlash

Reaction score
My wife and I watched all the videos in the news article. He introduced himself to us as "Gabriel" and not Gustavo. We went to the Downey house and parked in the driveway right next to his silver Prius when we went to purchase our puppy on Sunday. He was a moderately smooth talker and seemed to have all of the right answers for us when we asked questions. I have a fantastic memory of the entire interaction, so let's hope I get added to the list of complainants. I will gladly appear in ANY court alongside my wife and children to testify against this POS.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
My wife and I watched all the videos in the news article. He introduced himself to us as "Gabriel" and not Gustavo. We went to the Downey house and parked in the driveway right next to his silver Prius when we went to purchase our puppy on Sunday. He was a moderately smooth talker and seemed to have all of the right answers for us when we asked questions. I have a fantastic memory of the entire interaction, so let's hope I get added to the list of complainants. I will gladly appear in ANY court alongside my wife and children to testify against this POS.
Stay in contact with the Detective handling the case. It may actually be better to contact the DA handling the case directly. Some smaller agency's use DA Investigators to track down witnesses or other victims. You absolutely should be included in these charges. Downey PD goes to Downey Superior Court and I'm sure some cases get sent out to Norwalk Superior Court. Call the PD and see if everything has already been filled or if they need to take a whole new report from you to get the ball rolling.