WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Goleta/Santa Barbara housing or place to park RV

hboutlaw

Reaction score
I'm starting a new job that is based in Goleta and will need to be on site 3 days a week.
I thought with the reach of RDP I'd throw it out there and see if anyone is in the area has ideas.
This will be a long term gig and I'm looking for options like renting a room, buying a place and doing an airbnb on the weekends (when I'm not there), parking an RV on some land/mobile home park with hookups. Buying a place would not happen right away but could be an option later.
I guess I could buy a surplus fire truck and convert it to an RV but would still need a place to park it. Just kidding a bit but the other thread about the converted fire truck was kinda cool.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
This was the cheapest rental, $3,500 month, on Zillow

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

hboutlaw

Reaction score
This was the cheapest rental, $3,500 month, on Zillow
I’ve used the standard search methods such as Zillow, Redfin, CL and see prices and options all over the map.
My intent with the post was to see if anyone had suggestions other than standard search’s.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
When I lived in the area I had friends that full time parked their trailer here and seemed happy.

It will be a commute but Id prefer to live over the hill most days.

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
You're pretty well screwed here.

I live in Ventura and commute to Goleta every day, about an hour each way unless someone DNF's in the construction zones, which are in a permanent work freeze as far as I can tell over the past 10 years.

There are plenty of "mobile homeless" that move their Breaking Bad RV's from parking lot to parking lot, but I think they are a bit territorial and probably not worth whatever horrid disease they carry getting transferred through any sort of physical contact with them.

There is a bunch of studio and one bedroom apartments on Mathilda Dr and Ellwood Beach drive which I lived in for about 10 years before moving to Ventura to escape the retarded level of rents they get, but those are probably the most affordable in area for something that was built in the 60's and has little updating since. Anything newer than that is $2500+ month at best.

Good luck on a house. I've been after that pot-o-gold for the past 12 years.

Ventura is not cheap anymore either, but more availability if you are willing to commute.

hboutlaw

Reaction score
What's your price range?
I'd like to stay around $1500/mo but also know that's laughable for that area. Finding someone who has a room in a house that's cool would be ideal but again feels like a needle in a haystack.
If I stay in an inexpensive hotel for 3 nights that would be just over $1200...but then it's a cheap hotel which is probably a step above the breaking bad motorhome options:)

Reactions: DWC

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
The only affordable places are in North County, about an hour commute. Either Santa Maria or Lompoc. I don't even think Isla Vista is affordable anymore. I'll keep my eyes open for rooms available.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Shit is crazy up here. Just a room will cost ya 1200-1500. Even a micro studio are 1500+, and you'd have to know someone to get in.

Go through the craig's list storage/rv parking stuff, occasionally there is a live-in park type situation at a reasonable rate.

If I hear of anything, I'll PM ya.

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
I’ll check with my ol SB buddy. He rents his upstairs 2 bd 1 bath at his house. Single dad, really cool guy
I checked and he has someone in there. Would have been perfect, 2/1 in Goleta at a non-sketchy house. I’ll see if he has any leads. As others have said, may want to try north. Traffic isn’t the same as commuting from Ventura.

…and don’t stay in Isla Vista. That’s all kids and another shit-show within itself ( unless by Deveroe)

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Furthest away from campus in IV or Elwood. Maybe find a place with grad students that is 1 per room

hboutlaw

Reaction score
I checked and he has someone in there. Would have been perfect, 2/1 in Goleta at a non-sketchy house. I’ll see if he has any leads. As others have said, may want to try north. Traffic isn’t the same as commuting from Ventura.

…and don’t stay in Isla Vista. That’s all kids and another shit-show within itself ( unless by Deveroe)
Thanks so much for following up and to everyone providing options.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Ian says "What's up bitch!?!" See you in December!

😆😉

Bakotrash

Reaction score
People with property outside of SB would post RV spots for rent from time to time on CL. This was probably 10 or so years ago though.