WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Golf Cart an ohv?

h2o225

Reaction score
I was at my sons race this weekend and a BLM ranger stopped me while on my golf cart. He stated I needed a helmet and the cart needed a green sticker. I told him the cart only travels a maximum of 15 mph and it was electric. He let me finish what I was doing and I parked the cart. He was very cool about the whole thing. I asked him if he could point me in the direction of the vehicle code that stated I needed a green sticker. Later that day he came by our camp and said it fell under cvc.38010. He did say that he was wrong and we did not have to wear helmets while operating the cart. We both looked at the code sure enough golf cart is a common ohv. After he left I read some more and it says that golf carts are exempt along with some other categories. So now I am confused.

Do I need to go to DMV for a green sticker for an electric cart ?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I'm in AZ, but I have an "OHV" sticker on my golfcart.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Same happened to me on our electric cart. I was told a few years back by a BLM ranger if the vehicle is in the desert, it either needs to be licensed for the street, or have a green sticker. Didn't say anything about helmets

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought green and red stickers were done for environmental reasons? It's electric?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I thought green and red stickers were done for environmental reasons? It's electric?

It's registration like a license plate but for OHV vehicles.

They happen to be red and green for environmental reasons. In this case, an electric cart would get a green sticker.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

We had a buddy that ran a wind racer (sail boat with wheels) on El Mirage several years ago. The BLM made him get a green sticker in order to enter. Real difficult on something he made and is powered by the fucking wind.

The grab for whatever money they can..... :eek

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
It's registration like a license plate but for OHV vehicles.

They happen to be red and green for environmental reasons. In this case, an electric cart would get a green sticker.

Do carts have vin numbers that the DMV can use?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Do carts have vin numbers that the DMV can use?

Yes

EDIT:.... Years back, we had a friend that had a home made golf cart. Guy used to make sand rails in Santee, but has since passed away. Anyway, when he went to the DMV to register/title it, they had him just stamp his own number somewhere on the frame and they used that as a VIN.

h2o225

Reaction score
Well I guess I will look to install a light kit and whatever else so its street legal. I was just told by a guy at work if I get a green sticker dont even think about driving it on the street because the pd will give me a ticket.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score