WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Golf cart batterie options 12v

hawgty55

Reaction score
Looking at options. What are they. Cart is an older club cart ds 48v system setup with 4 12v system local place wants 1200 otd for a set of trojans. Just seems crazy to me. Really was just thinking of putting in aome 12v deepcell marines from walmart or something. Any tips or 1st hand knows would be appreciated.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
If you plan on keeping it I would look at lithium. Once mine are done that’s the direction I’ll be going. Shed the weight and increase the run time.

Singleton

Reaction score
If you plan on keeping it I would look at lithium. Once mine are done that’s the direction I’ll be going. Shed the weight and increase the run time.
What else changes. I was thinking about doing the same, but unsure if charger, etc need to be modified.

Dunerking

Reaction score
6volt golf cart batteries and dont look back
That’s 8-6v batteries…some carts like Club Car only have space for 4. So in my setup it’s 4-12v Trojan batteries
Like mentioned I’m looking to the Lithium route when my 4 batteries take a dump.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What else changes. I was thinking about doing the same, but unsure if charger, etc need to be modified.

Definitely need to change charger if going to lithium. Sell your existing charger for couple bucks.
Switching from 4 12v to 6 8v gives a tiny more run time. If u r looking for the most run time with lead acid switch to 8 6v.
I'm out of the cart business these days but my recommendation to anyone is bite the bullet & switch to lithium. Its painful to your wallet but u won't look back. Everything on lithium carts lasts longer, tires, suspension, etc.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I'm out of the cart business these days but my recommendation to anyone is bite the bullet & switch to lithium. Its painful to your wallet but u won't look back. Everything on lithium carts lasts longer, tires, suspension, etc.

What would you do with an old Taylor Dunn T-Bird? Mine needs batteries again. Pleas dont say sell it, I kinda like the little cart lol

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What would you do with an old Taylor Dunn T-Bird? Mine needs batteries again. Pleas dont say sell it, I kinda like the little cart lol

If u like the old TD keep it & convert to lithium

89Scores

Team RDP of California Division
Reaction score
I have a 36v Club Car DS. When my batteries die, I am going to go with 3 x 12v deep cell batteries and wire them to 36v. I see no reason you can not do 4 x 12v for 48v