WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GOLF CART BUYING, FYI<<<>>>>>>>

Not So Fast

Reaction score
A short while ago on 'that other site" we had a lengthly discussion onbuying golf carts or any other off road vehicle without proper paper work. I was the one sayijg I couldnt buy anything without something official like an MSO or cert. of ownership and was surprised at how many guys brushed it off. Heres a little story from Buggies Unlimited forums for you all. NSF

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:10 pm Post subject: FOUND OUT ITS STOLEN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today I found out that my EZ-GO golf cart that I purchased about about a year and a half a ago from a landscaping company was a stolen golf cart. I purchased it for $800. It was stock when I purchased it. It was sold as is. Then two days ago I took off the dash cover and found no serial or manufacturing plate. It was torn off because you can still see a little sharp corner of the plate held by a rivet. I found out it was stolen when I was driving it to the store to get some groceries when I get stopped by the police for driving it on the sidewalk. They did there usual questions. They ask for the serial number on the golf cart and just find a broken plate. They said were did you get it from and I said from this landscaping company, I gave them the address and phone number of the place. A few days later, the Sherrifs Department calls me and tells me that it was stolen. Apparently one of the employees admitted to stealing it from a golf course. He confessed because he was an illegal immigrant without a green card and didn't want to be sent back to his country. The police said that by law, they have to impound it, but they cut me a break, cause either way I wasn't getting my money back. I'm upset that I can't do anything with it and want to trade it in for a new golf cart and don't mind paying the difference, but I can't sell it to a dealer without a serial number. Is there anything I can do to find a serial number on the cart? Its the same cart thats in my sig except I bought it stock. The accessories I added. Please help.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Good post.
The paperwork is everything.

Our CG is registered in AZ. Gladly pay the $6 or what ever it is they bill us from time to time.

-----------------------

Friends are buying grey market and blue market SXS's and are having fits getting them DMV'd.

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
I can't believe they are even letting him keep the cart. Why isn't it being returned to the original owner.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
I would hope that when he said the cops were giving him a break it, he meant the cops were letting him keep it while they inform the golf course. Maybe so he can strip it back to stock?

Hey NSF, how about a link to the OP's thread?

John

John, if you mean the buggy forum it is just under Buggies Unlimited web site and click forums, is that what you meant? NSF

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
A short while ago on 'that other site" we had a lengthly discussion onbuying golf carts or any other off road vehicle without proper paper work. I was the one sayijg I couldnt buy anything without something official like an MSO or cert. of ownership and was surprised at how many guys brushed it off. Heres a little story from Buggies Unlimited forums for you all. NSF

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:10 pm Post subject: FOUND OUT ITS STOLEN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today I found out that my EZ-GO golf cart that I purchased about about a year and a half a ago from a landscaping company was a stolen golf cart. I purchased it for $800. It was stock when I purchased it. It was sold as is. Then two days ago I took off the dash cover and found no serial or manufacturing plate. It was torn off because you can still see a little sharp corner of the plate held by a rivet. I found out it was stolen when I was driving it to the store to get some groceries when I get stopped by the police for driving it on the sidewalk. They did there usual questions. They ask for the serial number on the golf cart and just find a broken plate. They said were did you get it from and I said from this landscaping company, I gave them the address and phone number of the place. A few days later, the Sherrifs Department calls me and tells me that it was stolen. Apparently one of the employees admitted to stealing it from a golf course. He confessed because he was an illegal immigrant without a green card and didn't want to be sent back to his country. The police said that by law, they have to impound it, but they cut me a break, cause either way I wasn't getting my money back. I'm upset that I can't do anything with it and want to trade it in for a new golf cart and don't mind paying the difference, but I can't sell it to a dealer without a serial number. Is there anything I can do to find a serial number on the cart? Its the same cart thats in my sig except I bought it stock. The accessories I added. Please help.

Call Kenny at Silverstate golf carts, Henderson Nevada, ( 702 ) 567 2500. This guy buy's golf carts from EZ go at the end of their 2 year leases from the golf courses and all the major hotels. He goes thru them and freshens them up for resale, (after he's "cherrypicked" the best of them) at some good prices. I've bought 6 carts from him and taken several up to Idaho for friends. I'm SURE he could help you out on paperwork if you have the right "paperwork$" ;) Anybody else looking for golfcarts, I would highly recomend driving to Vegas for purchase from this company.