WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Golf cart questions / making street legal

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just picked up my first golf cart (6 seater). I have storage in Parker (next to public ramp)and usually stay in the keys. It has everything to be street legal (I think). I live in CA but want to register in AZ. Not sure how to go about it. The plan is to be able to drive from storage to the keys legally. Any suggestions? It’s a PITA to do everything in CA and will live in storage out there.

TIA

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
357 carts is Carlsbad handled the whole thing for me. Did my neighbors too. Give them a call , he can probably get It taken care of or at least answer your questions.

Last edited:

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
@Nord

I purchased my golf cart from guy on off Craigslist in Morongo Valley, with a Bill of Sale.

Mine is street legal, registered/licensed, title, & insured in AZ, but getting there was a little bit of a process...

Since it had never been titled or registered, AZ MVD told me that it was going to have to be inspected, but before that I had to:
  • Do a Lien Inquiry https://servicearizona.com/webapp/lienmvr/search?execution=e1s1
  • Complete Title & Registreation Application https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/96-0236.pdf
  • Complete Highway Use Certificate https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/96-0371.pdf
  • Complete Bonded Title Affidavit https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/48-1302.pdf
  • Get a Bonded Title from my Insurance Carrier. I went through Tanah Kinsey (don't recall her RDP handle) at Wozencraft. Insurance is a Progressive Motorcycle policy, full coverage cost me less than $150 per year.
  • Comply with AZ DOT Guidelines for Golf Cart Registration
    AZ-GolfCart-Reqs-for-Nord.png
    (This is a copy of the Document AZ DOT/MVD mailed me, everything above I was told, I needed when I spoke with them on the phone call. Thankfully I took notes because none of it is listed on the attached.)
I was lucky that mine came from E-Z-GO already equipped with Head Lights, Turn Signals, Tail Lights & Break Lights, Reflectors & a Horn.
I had to:
  • Make a bracket for the license plate.
  • Wire in a the license plate light.
  • Add a Windshield.
  • Add a Rear View Mirror.
Once all my I's were dotted and T's crossed, I loaded it up on a trailer and head out to the MVD in Havasu.

They did an Inspection, I paid the fees, Registration & License Plate were issued same day. Title came a few weeks later in the mail.

After the first year, I opted for year registration... My renewal should be coming in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: D19

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
@Nord

I purchased my golf cart from guy on off Craigslist in Morongo Valley, with a Bill of Sale.

Mine is street legal, registered/licensed, title, & insured in AZ, but getting there was a little bit of a process...

Since it had never been titled or registered, AZ MVD told me that it was going to have to be inspected, but before that I had to:
I was lucky that mine came from E-Z-GO already equipped with Head Lights, Turn Signals, Tail Lights & Break Lights, Reflectors & a Horn.
I had to:
  • Make a bracket for the license plate.
  • Wire in a the license plate light.
  • Add a Windshield.
  • Add a Rear View Mirror.
Once all my I's were dotted and T's crossed, I loaded it up on a trailer and head out to the MVD in Havasu.

They did an Inspection, I paid the fees, Registration & License Plate were issued same day. Title came a few weeks later in the mail.

After the first year, I opted for year registration... My renewal should be coming in the next couple weeks.
Ok gotcha. Do you have to have a AZ residence? I only have storage there.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

Yes & No... Even though I have a place at Temple Bar, I cannot get mail delivered there (long story), so in essence my place is technically "storage".

Insurance wanted to know where the golf cart was going to be "used & stored". So I gave them the TB address.

The address on my Registration/Title from AZ-MVD as well as the "mailing address" for the Insurance all goes to my PO Box in Huntington Beach.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Get a PO box at the mail place in Parker. I actually do that with a lot of stuff as I don't want it delivered to the Parker house and sit outside.