WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Golf Cart Wheels on Trailer?? Help!

sir.woody

Reaction score
So I’m looking for wheels and tires for a 10’ Schiada trailer build...YES IM DOING A TANDEM! Been shopping around and the guy who’s building my trailer recommended Golf Cart wheels?? From what I understand a lot of guys use them for Dolly Trailers and such. I think I saw another mini trailer with golf cart wheels as well. My question is should I have any worry towing from 951/562 area to Parker? Where are you guys finding your low profile wheels and tire? Looking to be in the 20” to 22” overall and about 8” wide. Pictures and any info you got are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I’d have to look at size but I have a utility trailer and many pontoon boat trailers have low profile, I think 10” rims that are highway speed rated. I would assume golf cart tires are not speed rated.

sir.woody

Reaction score
I’d have to look at size but I have a utility trailer and many pontoon boat trailers have low profile, I think 10” rims that are highway speed rated. I would assume golf cart tires are not speed rated.

Yeah I’ve seen the 10” rims that are highway rated I have a set right now. But I’m seeing a lot of 12-14” nice looking wheels that are probably close to 8” wide with a nice low profile tire. I know standard golf cart tires are not but I’ve seen some Kenda tires that are DOT and rated up to 81-87mph range. Need something like this!
IMG_0048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Did you ever end up finding these? Sorry for the thread dredge….

Backlash

Reaction score
@MeCasa16

I typed "10" DOT Aluminum Wheels" in Google and came up with a lot of options. See if there is something that fits your bill. I saw everything from classic American Racing 5-spoke wheels to chrome plated mag wheels. There are also a ton of DOT tires shown. That may help as well. 👍