WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Boat mechanic in Havasu

MikeSW

Reaction score
Okay okay have a old high-school friend of mine who's living in Havasu. She needs a good run reputable Tech to work on her boat.

MikeSW

Reaction score
Ha, perverts. 26' Four winns with 454 and Volvo Penta

Springfield

Reaction score
Lance Oster, Bucket Marine, 928-486-8637. He's been my go to for over 15 years.

Also see you are newer here, you need to get settled in. Epic stories with no pics never happened........boating requests require pics of girlfriend or wife. ;)

jbird

Reaction score
I’m hearing good things about Iguana Marine. New shop doing good work and good customer service.
Who ever she decides to go with, report back and let us know how it goes.

gqchris

Reaction score
I always suggest the newer shops in town. They try hard in the beginning and provide the service we expect.

Once they get slammed like all shops do in that town, the customer service suffers as well and they all want to get the big jobs and forget the little guy that got them there.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I’ve had great experiences with SoCal Speed and Marine.

gotpablo

Reaction score
So cal speed and marine!!!!! Great guys will not rip you off and do great work.

jbird

Reaction score
I was not very impressed with my last dealings at SoCal Speed and Marine.
Had boat in for engine not running off idle. Mario changed spark plugs and told me it was good to go and now running perfect. Put boat in water and engine still did not run. Took it to another shop and found that the supercharger had snapped at the input shaft.
Maybe this happens to the best of them but not sure how he thought the engine was running fine when it clearly was not.
Took my money and sent me on my way.

Havazoo

Reaction score
Not sure about the negative comments about Prestige or Barrett....
Both Chris and AJ run very good shops and offer professional service.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Yea for DCB or skater. Not a avg mans boat
Yep if your boat isn't expensive or interesting it will fall to the bottom of the priority list and receive mediocre treatment. I'm not talking about Prestige or Barret but that was my experience with one of the other "premier" shops in town.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just once I’d like to see one of these threads where people can just say which shop they like and why, vs peeing in some shops Cheerios.. lol

there isn’t one shop listed in this thread that I wouldn’t use. All of them have their hero stories and make no mistake all of them have an occasional horror story. Nobodies perfect.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Lance Oster, Bucket Marine, 928-486-8637. He's been my go to for over 15 years.

Also see you are newer here, you need to get settled in. Epic stories with no pics never happened........boating requests require pics of girlfriend or wife. ;)
Dude! Why would you tell anyone about Havasu's best kept secret?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Just once I’d like to see one of these threads where people can just say which shop they like and why, vs peeing in some shops Cheerios.. lol

there isn’t one shop listed in this thread that I wouldn’t use. All of them have their hero stories and make no mistake all of them have an occasional horror story. Nobodies perfect.
After getting 'back burnered' by a popular shop, it's hard not to want to let the others know about it. I got the treatment from a popular shop, I like the owner, so it's hard to tell people to avoid him. But, I think others should know what to expect. Paying at the time, $100 an hour for the labor of guys that were likely running leaf blowers a few days prior is a tough pill to swallow. I won't go into details as it won't benefit me, but some shops need to be called out.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
After getting 'back burnered' by a popular shop, it's hard not to want to let the others know about it. I got the treatment from a popular shop, I like the owner, so it's hard to tell people to avoid him. But, I think others should know what to expect. Paying at the time, $100 an hour for the labor of guys that were likely running leaf blowers a few days prior is a tough pill to swallow. I won't go into details as it won't benefit me, but some shops need to be called out.
When shops end up costing you thousands of dollars more than advertised and loss of weekends due to bad practices and are not stand up about it. I’ll steer people clear!
As I said stay clear of absolute 100%. Barrett is too high end for this type of boat. Prestige I have heard same horror stories as absolute. Jc is where I would take mine. I use J and J marine

Springfield

Reaction score
Well that should wrap up about every shop in town as a referral.........some good and not so good. Hope you make the right choice and happy with it. Still waiting for the pic so I can say "cya on the water" :)

charlyox

Reaction score
Prestige Marine has always done me right. One time at Desert Storm I was a safety boat and I just launched and my impeller went out. I called Rob Willis at Prestige and they had me back on the water in about an hour and a half.

robby dmax

Reaction score
3606148, member: 18995"]
dont listen to that guy
[/QUOTE]

Eff off Dirtbag...not very nice to say don’t listen to that guy..
And this is coming from a guy that says Chris actually took his boat and tested props for you HAHA
you have no idea what went on with this man !
He actually cost me half a season of boating and a bunch of money.
This person asked everyone’s opinion I gave mine.
So if you don’t like what I have say just ignore it didn’t Involve you
Enjoy your day:)

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
dont listen to that guy

And this is coming from a guy that says Chris actually took his boat and tested props for you HAHA
[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain! I followed Robby all over, and even gave him another chance when he went back....what a mistake! He is doing just fine with his band wagon of high rollers he does not need the avg guy...

wherever anyone goes just ask in advance what brands they use for parts and oil....

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Dude! Why would you tell anyone about Havasu's best kept secret?
Lance is so booked with racing / regular customers, I’d doubt he’d take on an old boat without being a current customer.
He ditched me when I got my toon and I completely understand , too much hassle.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Also had Mark at Savage do a service on my toon when Sun Country was booked. He was on time, fair price and treated me just like any other high end boat he does. Very pleased with Savage.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
dont listen to that guy

ill stand by what i said perfectly. dont listen to one guy. Sorry you had a bad experience. The vast majority have not had your experience. Look at his clientele. Should speak Volumes. Call mercury ask them what they think of Chris....

THE BOAT CHIC

Reaction score
I always suggest the newer shops in town. They try hard in the beginning and provide the service we expect.

Once they get slammed like all shops do in that town, the customer service suffers as well and they all want to get the big jobs and forget the little guy that got them there.
Iguana is honest, transparent and had excellent customer service...very quick turn around and great communication. highly suggest giving them a try!

THE BOAT CHIC

Reaction score
I’m hearing good things about Iguana Marine. New shop doing good work and good customer service.
Who ever she decides to go with, report back and let us know how it goes.
honest, hard working, transparent...quick turn around and excellent customer service!