WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good bye California

grumpy88

Reaction score
We left California 1and a half years ago for Henderson Nv . Is it perfect , hell no . Is it 1000x better then Simi Valley ? Hell yes . Will we live here forever ? Absolutely not . We might keep this house and have another somewhere else but time will tell . Good luck on your move . Change is always exciting !

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
If you do FB I’m on a couple groups dedicated to moving east. Me and wifey know where we’re going but helpful regarding logistics and shit.

RCDave

Reaction score
I really don't get why peeps want to raise their kids in california before moving to a red area.
I'm a total redneck from a hick town and couldn't be happier about it. Everyone not wanting to move their kiddos till later are THE problem . Sorry Shin just my .02

There's no way I'd send my kids to public school in California. No way I'd expose them to the dung they are teaching kids here

buck35

Reaction score
Point well taken. However, you are making an assumption and generalization about someone’s situation based on where they live. Paradise is often what you make of it.
You live blue or you don't rod or Jen .
U have you're believes and thats you're prerogative and I can have mine, so far at least.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I really don't get why peeps want to raise their kids in california before moving to a red area.
I'm a total redneck from a hick town and couldn't be happier about it. Everyone not wanting to move their kiddos till later are THE problem . Sorry Shin just my .02

I’m not planning on moving my kids. They can make their own decision. We’ll have a place here in SoCal if they decide to stay here and we can visit them anytime.

RodnJen

Reaction score
You live blue or you don't rod or Jen .
U have you're believes and thats you're prerogative and I can have mine, so far at least.

You are number 536,789 in the deprogramming . You have some time.

buck35

Reaction score
I’m not planning on moving my kids. They can make their own decision. We’ll have a place here in SoCal if they decide to stay here and we can visit them anytime.
Good for you then , but so many on here won't move untill their kids are out of school. This to me is mindboggling!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Good for you then , but so many on here won't move untill their kids are out of school. This to me is mindboggling!
Many on here have said they won’t move there kids once they enter high school. I agree. Glad my parents never moved. I still have friends from elementary and high school. Things were different back then.

funk

Reaction score
We had a 2 year plan and picked up and left Socal in August. Landed in Boise, border of Eagle, area in Idaho. We have a 10 yo and 12 yo that are physically in school, landed a great home, and will never look back. Of course we'll miss our large network of friends and family back in LB but it's like the weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. We are both working from home, incorporated up here and invoicing our old employers back in Socal for contract work. 10 years when kids are gone we'll have many options but I don't think it would ever be back to Socal for more than visits or vacations at our family property in Canyon Lake.
But it sucks up here and the weather is horrible!!!:p

HBCraig

Reaction score
We left California 1and a half years ago for Henderson Nv . Is it perfect , hell no . Is it 1000x better then Simi Valley ? Hell yes . Will we live here forever ? Absolutely not . We might keep this house and have another somewhere else but time will tell . Good luck on your move . Change is always exciting !
Where in Henderson? My first house was in Paradise Hills. Horizon and Paradise Hills Road.
Loved that house.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
As someone said there isn't a perfect place. We looked at a lot of areas. We wanted a lake house with a dock. I think we went to 12 lakes. We could do this because we are retired and rv'ed around to those places.

The bad

Leaving life long friends. Friends that you did shit with every weekend. Use to talk to them weekly when we left. Now it is about every other month. People are busy. Miss them and will always be friends. Plan on visiting this summer if they open the state.

Humidity. It does suck depending on where you go. Go up to northern state and it won't be to bad. Makes me laugh when people that go to Havasu in the summer and it is 110 complain about humidity. Hot is Hot. We love the outdoors, so we just go in the lake.

We moved to a pretty rural area. It may be too rural for us. We are pretty social people and haven't met to many friends yet. Could be due to covid last summer. Jury is still out on this.

We are still 12 hrs from our grandkids. However, our son is in the military and do not know where he will be moved to as he says he is making it a career.

The good.
You guys have heard it all from the other posts. As far as TN being a spot a lot of CA are moving to, please don't fuck it up.

We are fortunate to be able to go to Florida for the winters. Here we have made a ton of friends that we have visited their summer homes, in different states. It is very social here and we like that.

We may end up selling the TN house that we just bought. We have another grandbaby coming today and that will pull at our heart strings even more. Wife keeps looking at condos near them. If we do sell, I think I would rather just airbnb for 5 months a year near them and then hit Florida for the winter. Who knows. Life is always changing and throwing you curve balls.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Where in Henderson? My first house was in Paradise Hills. Horizon and Paradise Hills Road.
Loved that house.
Horizon and pacific . The " older " section with the half acre lots . You were on the nice side of the freeway i think ! Lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Pulling the trigger to relocate in retirement,---that's a big one! ---Kinda like deciding which boat to buy, a rabbit hole of compromise and once you pull the trigger you don't get that bullet back. So unless you got another bullet in the gun, you're stuck.

I put a lot of stake into the comment above. When you here someone say that if they had it to do again they might make a different choice is so much more credible than
everyone who says I went so and so and it is great. Especially when, where they went sounds great, who wouldn't want lots of lakes with nice warm water and a lower cost of living! Not to mention living ON the lake.

I follow all of these threads with great interest and take notes of pros and cons, we live in CA and retiring in June at 59 and weighing all options. Our plan is to relocate June 2022 or there after. I would love to add to the gun collection and not have to smog my stuff or be taxed on every move I make. Our biggest problem is family and friends, believe it or not, I cant fathom not being able to talk to or see my kids on a regular basis. In fact if they would just relocate my decision would be easier cause I would just follow them like a stalker!

We have life long friends who we camp with, boat with, ride dirt bikes with and try and run the Rubicon or one of the other trails in the sierras once or twice a year or just sit around eating dinner and getting drunk! I have worked with two of them on a daily basis for over 25 years and we are still friends! In our experience Its hard to find people you and your wife both like, have common interests and enjoy each others company. Too old and grouchy to have much success at making new friends. It has taken me years to train the ones I got!

So many people say the weather is a lame excuse, but those same people will post how they had such a great day on the lake or in the desert because the weather was so enjoyable, i.e. not 100 degrees out or drenched in sweat from the humidity, kinda like CA. Now I know first hand, it comes with all the BS and costs in taxes/regulations, you find a way to work around some of those, but I am getting old and want to be comfortable first and foremost. I don't want to have to stay in the house with the AC running all day, or pay the elec bill, cause its too hot to go outside. I dont want to have to have AC in my shop and keep the doors closed. I like to have my garage door open and chat at the neighbors. I want a front lawn with green landscape and a lot of tall trees in the back yard, I want to be able to swim in the pool all year because I can and not because I have to because it is so stinking hot. I don't want to shower 3 times a day from humidity, and I sure as hell don't want to be shoveling my drive way.

I am truly interested in how people are dealing with friends and family.
How important is the weather?
Where do these things rank in priority?
Better yet what are your priorities?

My gun only has one bullet!

I wish you all the luck to your endeavors keep posting and find me a place that checks all the boxes.
Then all I have to do is load the u-haul, kidnap my kids and friends and I will be right behind you!

The ONE BULLET analogy is spot on for most of us retired types considering relocating, or simply considering "What do we want for the rest of our lives".

There's not ONE, but THREE major targets that metaphoric bullet needs to neutralize. The priority of these targets isn't fixed, in most cases it's related to ones retirement age, health and finances.

Financial --- Can you financially afford a Plan B, if Plan A isn't all you dreamed it was or other unexpected factors arise. Can you undo what you've done ?
If the unexpected happens, will you leave your life partner financially stranded on some desert isle ?

Time --- Aged related, health related and financially related. How's your life clock looking ? If you get it wrong, will you have time to right it ? Time to enjoy it ?

Health --- Is your dream based on honest abilities and desires or are you thinking with your 50 year old desires in your 70 year old body ?
Does the area have adequate medical capabilities in case of emergencies or specialized treatments ? Possible life or death reality.

One prime example is our Retirement Ranch we purchased in 2004. It's remote, it's beautiful, it's many acres of pines, cactus, serenity and forever views, in our dream it's perfect.
Can be a bit chilly in the winter, a bit warm in the summer, it's remote, yet has power and it's own well, the possibilities for the place are inspiring.
It's location also dovetails perfectly with our long standing recreational hangout, in so many respects it's every bit the perfect plan it was when we purchased it.
With ONE major exception, we've aged 17 years since then.
The land is the same, even better thanks to the improvements we've made over the 17 years, otherwise time has essentially stood still. Pines have grown, new ones born of seed, but in most ways, it's as if it's just been patiently waiting for us.

In our time reality however, those 17 years disappeared in a flash. Scary really, how fast 17 years can disappear behind you.

The rather sad truth is, when I force my 50ish year old dreams aside and think with my 70+ year old brain, I'd be lucky if that One Bullet could now hit one of those targets, let alone all three.

My similar aged ranch neighbor, one who's lived in that country all his life, one who's as rugged as the pines and cactus, hell maybe the rocks themselves, shared this thought with me one day as he was fighting the ravages of cancer he never saw coming.
" This country is for young men with big dreams, tenacity and energy. This is not a country for old men to grow older"

In our case, while I chase dreams, the clock keeps ticking, even faster I swear.
I wonder, rather than spending the precious time I do have, chasing new dreams or fleeing politicians and their carnage, would my time not be better spent simply stepping off the wheel, looking around and enjoying the dreams we've already created ?
Is it wrong to finally feel satisfied, you know, just sit back, relax, and enjoy that illusive, almost imaginary seventh day ?

MOUZER

Reaction score
As someone said there isn't a perfect place. We looked at a lot of areas. We wanted a lake house with a dock. I think we went to 12 lakes. We could do this because we are retired and rv'ed around to those places.

The bad

Leaving life long friends. Friends that you did shit with every weekend. Use to talk to them weekly when we left. Now it is about every other month. People are busy. Miss them and will always be friends. Plan on visiting this summer if they open the state.

Humidity. It does suck depending on where you go. Go up to northern state and it won't be to bad. Makes me laugh when people that go to Havasu in the summer and it is 110 complain about humidity. Hot is Hot. We love the outdoors, so we just go in the lake.

We moved to a pretty rural area. It may be too rural for us. We are pretty social people and haven't met to many friends yet. Could be due to covid last summer. Jury is still out on this.

We are still 12 hrs from our grandkids. However, our son is in the military and do not know where he will be moved to as he says he is making it a career.

The good.
You guys have heard it all from the other posts. As far as TN being a spot a lot of CA are moving to, please don't fuck it up.

We are fortunate to be able to go to Florida for the winters. Here we have made a ton of friends that we have visited their summer homes, in different states. It is very social here and we like that.

We may end up selling the TN house that we just bought. We have another grandbaby coming today and that will pull at our heart strings even more. Wife keeps looking at condos near them. If we do sell, I think I would rather just airbnb for 5 months a year near them and then hit Florida for the winter. Who knows. Life is always changing and throwing you curve balls.

wow its like reading r story..wife and i left cali after 60 yrs to be by grandbaby and son n milatary n sc now r daughter still n cali will b haveing a baby and where torn what to do......we guess a cabin rv or live aboard boat so we can go back n fourth........sc to cali

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Speaking of Arizona
I was in the Gilbert area a few weeks ago. The San Tan area seemed pretty cool. Your take?

San Tan is up and coming density wise but it’s too far from everything I do including work. I prefer the north valley be it Peoria to the North west, Norterra, Carefree, Anthem, and Desert Hills to the North Central or Cave Creek and Scottsdale to the North East.

Queen Creek, Apache Junction, San Tan Valley and SE Gilbert and Chandler are all blowing up but not the cheap places to live like they used to.

It seems to me that the explosion of building is happening everywhere around the valley but I’m hearing about a lot of movement to the far west valley like the Verado development. Personally I wouldn’t want to live in a low lands drainage basin like these last places mentioned hence why I’m up in the hills. We have great hiking and biking up here as well due to the geography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Its your decisions and your consequences. Hope all of them turn out correct for your own lives.

Me....its just myself so I am willing to be responsible for my own decisions.

No guarantees peeps. Just do the best you can with making hopefully well thought out and informed decisions.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The ONE BULLET analogy is spot on for most of us retired types considering relocating, or simply considering "What do we want for the rest of our lives".

There's not ONE, but THREE major targets that metaphoric bullet needs to neutralize. The priority of these targets isn't fixed, in most cases it's related to ones retirement age, health and finances.

Financial --- Can you financially afford a Plan B, if Plan A isn't all you dreamed it was or other unexpected factors arise. Can you undo what you've done ?
If the unexpected happens, will you leave your life partner financially stranded on some desert isle ?

Time --- Aged related, health related and financially related. How's your life clock looking ? If you get it wrong, will you have time to right it ? Time to enjoy it ?

Health --- Is your dream based on honest abilities and desires or are you thinking with your 50 year old desires in your 70 year old body ?
Does the area have adequate medical capabilities in case of emergencies or specialized treatments ? Possible life or death reality.

One prime example is our Retirement Ranch we purchased in 2004. It's remote, it's beautiful, it's many acres of pines, cactus, serenity and forever views, in our dream it's perfect.
Can be a bit chilly in the winter, a bit warm in the summer, it's remote, yet has power and it's own well, the possibilities for the place are inspiring.
It's location also dovetails perfectly with our long standing recreational hangout, in so many respects it's every bit the perfect plan it was when we purchased it.
The land is the same, even better thanks to the improvements we've made over the 17 years, otherwise time has essentially stood still. Pines have grown, new ones born of seed, but in most ways, it's as if it's just been patiently waiting for us.

In our time reality however, those 17 years disappeared in a flash. Scary really, how fast 17 years can disappear behind you.

The rather sad truth is, when I force my 50ish year old dreams aside and think with my 70+ year old brain, I'd be lucky if that One Bullet could now hit one of those targets, let alone all three.

My similar aged ranch neighbor, one who's lived in that country all his life, one who's as rugged as the pines and cactus, hell maybe the rocks themselves, shared this thought with me one day as he was fighting the ravages of cancer he never saw coming.
" This country is for young men with big dreams, tenacity and energy. This is not a country for old men to grow older"

In our case, while I chase dreams, the clock keeps ticking, even faster I swear.
I wonder, rather than spending the precious time I do have, chasing new dreams or fleeing politicians and their carnage, would my time not be better spent simply stepping off the wheel, looking around and enjoying the dreams we've already created ?
Is it wrong to finally feel satisfied, you know, just sit back, relax, and enjoy that illusive, almost imaginary seventh day ?

Post of the year.

👍

Duffster

Reaction score
I lived in California for 52-years of my life before moving out here to NC on a whim 2-years ago. I do miss direct access to the SC beaches and the river/havasu but the big lakes out here are just as good. I do not miss all the California liberal government crap and high tax bull shit.

4czn10

Reaction score
wow its like reading r story..wife and i left cali after 60 yrs to be by grandbaby and son n milatary n sc now r daughter still n cali will b haveing a baby and where torn what to do......we guess a cabin rv or live aboard boat so we can go back n fourth........sc to cali
Roadtrip!

v6toy4x

Reaction score

The 50 year old brain not thinking about the 70yr old body is KEY to good planning. We are in the que for a new retirement boat to hopefully coincide with relocation in 2022. The final choice of boat and how to equip it, was hard to "compromise" for the days we will spend boating when I am hopefully 75ish?? It probably is not the same boat I would have gotten if I could stay 55ish that is for sure.

Access to health care i.e. hospitals is essential, another complication in leaving CA for us is we have Kaiser which we have no complaints about and is everywhere in CA, but if we leave CA we leave kaiser, now that is far from the end of the world but just one more item on the list of "considerations", "change" or "compromise"

To be completely transparent, our chances of leaving CA are probably slim, and I think we have found our compromise. It is a small rural community, couple hundred homes maybe, in northern CA. Zoned RR for rural reidential so 1-2 acre lots and quite a bit of freedom on shops and RV garages. Most lots have a fair amount of mature trees. 30 min to our favorite lake and 30-60 min to three other lakes, 15-20 minutes to our core group of "homeys", 20 minutes to one of the best "old school" butcher shops with some of the best sausage around, 1-1/2 hours to the sierras and there is a big Kaiser and even "wally world" (thats where 70 yr olds shop right?) within about 3-5 miles. Compromise is, its a bit warmer than what we are used to, but manageable I hope. June/July is in the mid 80s, aug/sept 90s with the ocassional 100, oct in the mid-low 80s then the rest of the year runs anywhere from 40s to mostly 70s with minimal rain and no snow. Of course there will be the HOT days scattered and some COLD ones as well just not on average.

Now is where I become the A hole, I am not going to say where it is just yet, there has only been 4 houses sold in the last year that would "work" for what we want as the "perfect" retirement home. So I will post details once (IF) I get "Mine" PM me if you really want to know, its nothing earth shattering, it just checks the most boxes.

OH GOD, now you have to figure out the perfect house/lot.
-Pool, for the old man aquatic physical therapy, with shade trees on the west side for good after noon shade, melanoma and all, there is that 70yr old health thinking!
-You gotta have the cabana house next to the pool with the bar, fire pit, big screen TV and a comfortable lounge are for the womens!
-Front of the house has to face south so when you look out at the back yard and pool the sun isn't shining in your eyes, thats good for any age!
-Shop big enough to make my 50yr old brain happy, yet still practical for a 70yr old "tinkerer"--"HONEY-HELP I DROPPED MY SCREW DRIVER"
-RV garage, pull thru would be nice, deep enough (75') so I dont have to unhook, (lazy 70yr old) the boat during the summer or the motorcylce/rock crawler trailer in the fall and spring. Now I know what you're thinking, dirt bikes and a 70yr old--"sale on aisle 4"--dirt toys too old to use! However maybe my two boys will have me some grandkids by then and I can tow their asses up to the mountains and let them have all the fun. I will sip on my crown and coke and tell stories that start with "when I was your age'!!

Maybe just use that last bullet on myself or do as you suggest, stay put and enjoy what you got. The old "one in the hand two in the bush" deal.

I will say it is fun to dream about "what would your dream house look like and where would you go if you could go anywhere in the US"

I have to say that is one of the things that does make America great!

Have a great weekend!

Taboma

Reaction score
The 50 year old brain not thinking about the 70yr old body is KEY to good planning. We are in the que for a new retirement boat to hopefully coincide with relocation in 2022. The final choice of boat and how to equip it, was hard to "compromise" for the days we will spend boating when I am hopefully 75ish?? It probably is not the same boat I would have gotten if I could stay 55ish that is for sure.

Access to health care i.e. hospitals is essential, another complication in leaving CA for us is we have Kaiser which we have no complaints about and is everywhere in CA, but if we leave CA we leave kaiser, now that is far from the end of the world but just one more item on the list of "considerations", "change" or "compromise"

To be completely transparent, our chances of leaving CA are probably slim, and I think we have found our compromise. It is a small rural community, couple hundred homes maybe, in northern CA. Zoned RR for rural reidential so 1-2 acre lots and quite a bit of freedom on shops and RV garages. Most lots have a fair amount of mature trees. 30 min to our favorite lake and 30-60 min to three other lakes, 15-20 minutes to our core group of "homeys", 20 minutes to one of the best "old school" butcher shops with some of the best sausage around, 1-1/2 hours to the sierras and there is a big Kaiser and even "wally world" (thats where 70 yr olds shop right?) within about 3-5 miles. Compromise is, its a bit warmer than what we are used to, but manageable I hope. June/July is in the mid 80s, aug/sept 90s with the ocassional 100, oct in the mid-low 80s then the rest of the year runs anywhere from 40s to mostly 70s with minimal rain and no snow. Of course there will be the HOT days scattered and some COLD ones as well just not on average.

Now is where I become the A hole, I am not going to say where it is just yet, there has only been 4 houses sold in the last year that would "work" for what we want as the "perfect" retirement home. So I will post details once (IF) I get "Mine" PM me if you really want to know, its nothing earth shattering, it just checks the most boxes.

-Pool, for the old man aquatic physical therapy, with shade trees on the west side for good after noon shade, melanoma and all, there is that 70yr old health thinking!
-You gotta have the cabana house next to the pool with the bar, fire pit, big screen TV and a comfortable lounge are for the womens!
-Front of the house has to face south so when you look out at the back yard and pool the sun isn't shining in your eyes, thats good for any age!
-Shop big enough to make my 50yr old brain happy, yet still practical for a 70yr old "tinkerer"--"HONEY-HELP I DROPPED MY SCREW DRIVER"
-RV garage, pull thru would be nice, deep enough (75') so I dont have to unhook, (lazy 70yr old) the boat during the summer or the motorcylce/rock crawler trailer in the fall and spring. Now I know what you're thinking, dirt bikes and a 70yr old--"sale on aisle 4"--dirt toys too old to use! However maybe my two boys will have me some grandkids by then and I can tow their asses up to the mountains and let them have all the fun. I will sip on my crown and coke and tell stories that start with "when I was your age'!!

Maybe just use that last bullet on myself or do as you suggest, stay put and enjoy what you got. The old "one in the hand two in the bush" deal.

I will say it is fun to dream about "what would your dream house look like and where would you go if you could go anywhere in the US"

Have a great weekend!

Damn, you're to practical for being 55, WHOA there partner, hit the binders. 😁 At 55 my life clock still read "Eternity", I only reached maturity about a year ago. 😂

Sounds like an awesome place, seems like it hits all the targets. 👍
As I've finally taken off the blinders and been forced to admit I'm probably not going to live forever, and as much as we'd enjoy the ranch. I don't want to leave my wife, who is 8 years my younger, financially stuck in the boondocks. If something were to happen to me here, hell, she could sell it in a day, take the cash and afford her own Cabana Boy.
We'll keep the ranch, we love going there with our SxS and offroading and chatting it up with the good neighbors. We'll leave it for the kids, maybe their dreams can be realized there, or if not their children, the land will always be there waiting.

HBCraig

Reaction score
San Tan is up and coming density wise but it’s too far from everything I do including work. I prefer the north valley be it Peoria to the North west, Norterra, Carefree, Anthem, and Desert Hills to the North Central or Cave Creek and Scottsdale to the North East.

Queen Creek, Apache Junction, San Tan Valley and SE Gilbert and Chandler are all blowing up but not the cheap places to live like they used to.

It seems to me that the explosion of building is happening everywhere around the valley but I’m hearing about a lot of movement to the far west valley like the Verado development. Personally I wouldn’t want to live in a low lands drainage basin like these last places mentioned hence why I’m up in the hills. We have great hiking and biking up here as well due to the geography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard the same about moving west towards PIR and Goodyear area. At least thats what my AZ customers are telling me.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I heard the same about moving west towards PIR and Goodyear area. At least thats what my AZ customers are telling me.
Yeah it's cheaper out there with bigger lots for less money but it reminds me of a baron waste land. Not my cup of tea.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Have a great weekend!

Man I like how you think!

I have a Very similar exit plan, but like you, no way I'm posting about it until it's complete. That's IF I decide to exit!

Best of luck to you and your dreams. You're definitely doing it right.

👍

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Damn, you're to practical for being 55, WHOA there partner, hit the binders. 😁 At 55 my life clock still read "Eternity", I only reached maturity about a year ago. 😂

Sounds like an awesome place, seems like it hits all the targets. 👍
As I've finally taken off the blinders and been forced to admit I'm probably not going to live forever, and as much as we'd enjoy the ranch. I don't want to leave my wife, who is 8 years my younger, financially stuck in the boondocks. If something were to happen to me here, hell, she could sell it in a day, take the cash and afford her own Cabana Boy.
We'll keep the ranch, we love going there with our SxS and offroading and chatting it up with the good neighbors. We'll leave it for the kids, maybe their dreams can be realized there, or if not their children, the land will always be there waiting.

Its that one bullet thing! I cant wait to shoot it but that will be the last one, so one last boat and one last house. As you say the kids can have it.
My wife is 6 years younger and that is a very BIG consideration. Where is she when you leave, so I guess i will give her some say where we end up ;)
Lastly do NOT mention cabana boy again!!!!! unless a cabana girl comes with it of course!

🍻 to retirement!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Man I like how you think!

I have a Very similar exit plan, but like you, no way I'm posting about it until it's complete. That's IF I decide to exit!

Best of luck to you and your dreams. You're definitely doing it right.

[emoji106]
My exit plan is that I have a buddy that has a 5th wheel in his driveway. He lives in a town with that small town feel. My wife and I will stay in the 5th wheel. We can have beers with my friend, and late night chicken and rice dinners. Glendora here we come.

"Did you tell Clarke the good news??" - Aunt Edna

Sent From Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
Wait you can’t leave. Everyone is bailing out of here and gonna leave me with the tab.

It just gonna be Bobby and me left. So that means I gotta pay . Lol

Come with us. That way those that voted for this mess are left to pay for their own actions...

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

We have only one child, so that makes it easier. I know I am being selfish a little, but I really wanted the grandkids to want to come to Papa's lake house to play. Who knows what will happen in a year until he reups and where he will go.

They had our new grandbaby this morning at 4:46 am.

IMG_1714.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
We have only one child, so that makes it easier. I know I am being selfish a little, but I really wanted the grandkids to want to come to Papa's lake house to play. Who knows what will happen in a year until he reups and where he will go.

View attachment 965383
Congratulations !

Travieso

Reaction score
Horizon and pacific . The " older " section with the half acre lots . You were on the nice side of the freeway i think ! Lol
My brother and sister in law live off pacific and horizon just down pacific before the train tracks. Love Henderson!!!

grumpy88

Reaction score
My brother and sister in law live off pacific and horizon just down pacific before the train tracks. Love Henderson!!!
We are on country club . We love this neighborhood . We just got back from riding with two neighbors . One of them we bought our house from ! We really like it here too

Travieso

Reaction score
We are on country club . We love this neighborhood . We just got back from riding with two neighbors . One of them we bought our house from ! We really like it here too
Small world, they are a few streets down on Sherwood.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The company that bought us late last year has hinted towards relocation for a few of the guys....to IL just north of Shitcago. Fuck that. California politics with shitty weather.

California politics have nothing on Illinois politics...

Nordie

Reaction score
California politics have nothing on Illinois politics...

Did the rain tax ever go through lol?
That state is something else, especially Cook County.
My uncle had his paved driveway redone and added a concrete ribbon to keep the asphalt locked in. Here comes the assessor, more property taxes because there's more concrete. It's a damn shame because where he lives it's beautiful.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
No, not yet anyway.

Illinois has more political subdivisions/units of government than any other state. Each government body has its own board, along with staff and budgets. It is byzentine. However, at least out here where I live the real tax driver is the school districts. My municipal taxes are about the same as back in AZ, but I pay about 10 times as much to the school district.

Singleton

Reaction score

If schools are not back to a full schedule come fall, we are out. Daughters education is suffering.
Wife has agreed that moving our daughter before middle school is OK, after that we are locked in until she graduates High School. So my window is this Aug, in 2 years or 9 years.

MOUZER

Reaction score

View attachment 965383
we only have the one..thats why we moved to sc and got a lake house he is only 11 months gonna go fishing with pop pop...daghter n cali hasnt had 1 yet

bocco

Reaction score
I lived in California for 52-years of my life before moving out here to NC on a whim 2-years ago. I do miss direct access to the SC beaches and the river/havasu but the big lakes out here are just as good. I do not miss all the California liberal government crap and high tax bull shit.
Where in N.C. did you end up? Close to a lake?

Duffster

Reaction score
Mooresville, NC on Lake Norman with a public ramp 5min from the house.