WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good bye California

RCDave

Reaction score
Born and raised in SoCal for over five decades...but after watching and paying for the constant blue run precipitated decline, moving on... outta here in the next few months!

Can't wait to flip the page to the next adventure.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Join me on the road, see the country and then decide where you want to settle down in. Will be heading out in April sometime and first stop is probably Texas. I stay in Scottsdale for the winter. I am going to keep fading to FL and hit up LuckyStrike for a while.

RCDave

Reaction score
Join me on the road, see the country and then decide where you want to settle down in. Will be heading out in April sometime and first stop is probably Texas. I am going to keep fading to FL and hit up LuckyStrike for a while.

Your welcome at our new pad anytime!

We can go north, south, east, or west from the new home, and still be on the free side of the iron curtin.....

fmo24

Reaction score
Been on the road for a couple years now. Established Florida residence. Insane how inexpensive vehicle registration is. Winter in Florida then April May we go wander again until late September October time and head back south

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Born and raised in SoCal for over five decades...but after watching and paying for the constant blue run precipitated decline, moving on... outta here in the next few months!

Can't wait to flip the page to the next adventure.
Let us know where you guys land 😎did it about 36? Years ago

Last edited:

fmo24

Reaction score
You are the only doing this, something must be wrong with you. All the smart people will stay and enjoy the great weather.

Haha friends moving out of state found it cheaper to pick up uhaul in Phoenix and drive back to Palm Springs to load. Almost half the cost. So many trucks are leaving they are charging a premium so they can get the trucks moved back to Ca

RCDave

Reaction score
Haha friends moving out of state found it cheaper to pick up uhaul in Phoenix and drive back to Palm Springs to load. Almost half the cost. So many trucks are leaving they are charging a premium so they can get the trucks moved back to Ca
Thanks for the creative tip!

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
We left November 3rd after 42 years of living in CA and I don’t miss it one bit.... well maybe @28Eliminator just a little. 😁
Nowhere is perfect but it’s definitely better. Once winter is over we will get to enjoy our new home and really reap the benefits of our decision.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Following.
Born and raised in the OC, last 28 years in Murrieta and cant wait to leave. Not sure AZ or NV is the answer anymore? I was just looking at RE in St. George this evening and the pricing is going thru the roof now! Wife wont do real snow to the north and we dont want to go too far east, FUCK!

hallett21

Reaction score
Where ya headed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We left November 3rd after 42 years of living in CA and I don’t miss it one bit.... well maybe @28Eliminator just a little. [emoji16]
Nowhere is perfect but it’s definitely better. Once winter is over we will get to enjoy our new home and really reap the benefits of our decision.
Where'd you move to?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
I finally switched my truck to az. I paid 350 in ca and had 6 months left on tags so had to get moneys worth.
My new plate came so this weekend on our camp desert shooting trip old ca plate will make a great target. 😂

oh it only cost 75 to register in az. I’m sure id will be less.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Check out Tennessee. Lots of friends heading there. Very happy.
You hear so much about Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, was surprised to read Tennessee is # 1 one with new arrivals.

Last edited:

jailbird141

Reaction score
Same here, born and raised in Southern California. Never imagined I would leave this place. Now I can wait to get out and get my family out. Planning a road trip in the next month or so up through Utah, into Idaho and Wyoming and back to Southern California. Wife is a realtor and we have already been in contact with realtors in all three of those states. We have a few places we want to check out in person. Been following a few threads on here about desirable places in Utah, Idaho and such. Can't wait to get back to living in a free state where people still take pride in themselves, their work and are proud to be an American.

4czn10

Reaction score
We left 4 years ago, to Upstate South Carolina. Love the people, and living on the lake. My advise, if i were to do it again, even though we love living on the lake, I would have chosen Utah, Idaho, Northern Nevada, norther Az. mostly for the weather. SC is great most of the year, but at my age(59), it's hard to get used to the 3 months of humidity, plus i like the mountains of the west coast. you would also be closer to family, if that's a good thing.? On the other hand, if you like warm lake water(gets to 85-89 during the summer) and stays comfy well into October, and many large lakes to enjoy, then Tenn., North and South Carolina, could be for you.

I will also be able to retire at 61 and have more time and money to see the states and the world! Happy Hunting!!!