WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Bye So Cal Hello AZ

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Anyone know a good Realtor in the Phoenix area?

Sig

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Anyone know a good Realtor in the Phoenix area?

Sig

NM Valley, out by Lake Pleasant-Peoria Area. Call Hugh Dossett @ Phoenix Risen. He works with Developers and Several Custom Builders. His specialty is larger homes and homes with detached garages. The guy is really sharp and in the know. You can reach him @ 623-330-2200. Tell him Hightower sent you.
Also feel free to PM me if you want and I can give you a little insite as I am in Construction myself. Hell you can buy my house and I'll build another one.:D

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
Just helpin a people, one John at a time.:D;)

Hey, I had 50 tons of rock delivered today. You busy this weekend??? Thought about getting you, Rob, and Old Man Tyers over for a rock spreading party. :D :D :D

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Hey, I had 50 tons of rock delivered today. You busy this weekend??? Thought about getting you, Rob, and Old Man Tyers over for a rock spreading party. :D :D :D

I have peeps comin from Havasu for a Rhino ride Sat/Sun. I could prolly send some hoes ur way tho.:D

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
I have peeps comin from Havasu for a Rhino ride Sat/Sun. I could prolly send some hoes ur way tho.:D

We may end up out your way on Sunday. Will keep you posted. There was talk of a 4 Peaks run, but who knows at this point. Have flatbed trailer will travel. Tried spreading rock with the Rhino today and that didn't workout all that well... :fsakes

Sun burners

Reaction score
Hello all,
Not bashing Phoenix and areas withen 50 miles or so.
WHERE WOULD YOU STAY AWAY FROM?
I was there a couple weeks ago and liked Fountain Hillls, and drove around all your freeways.
Thanks Mike

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Our first thought was Peoria or Scottsdale. Peoria because its closer to the lake, Scottsdale because its seems to have a reputation for upper scale homes. It's going to take some driving around to get a sense of what area we want to call home. What areas do you suggest we stay away from?

We just got the green light to go, so we have not been out and looked around yet. My wife will be working from down town and I work out of the airport.

We are trying to stay within 20 - 25 miles of central Phoenix so her commute is not to crazy.

The perfect house for us would have some property / privacy, 2500 - 3500 ft home, 3 bedrooms with an office, monster garage, a pool and possibly an in-laws quarters. Would hope to find something no older then 04 vintage or we are willing to work with a builder on new construction.

Wife starts in her new job Jan 14th so we will start the hunt around that time.

We are stoked about getting out of So Cal! :)

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Our first thought was Peoria or Scottsdale. Peoria because its closer to the lake, Scottsdale because its seems to have a reputation for upper scale homes. It's going to take some driving around to get a sense of what area we want to call home. What areas do you suggest we stay away from?

We just got the green light to go, so we have not been out and looked around yet. My wife will be working from down town and I work out of the airport.

We are trying to stay within 20 - 25 miles of central Phoenix so her commute is not to crazy.

The perfect house for us would have some property / privacy, 2500 - 3500 ft home, 3 bedrooms with an office, monster garage, a pool and possibly an in-laws quarters. Would hope to find something no older then 04 vintage or we are willing to work with a builder on new construction.

Wife starts in her new job Jan 14th so we will start the hunt around that time.

We are stoked about getting out of So Cal! :)

Buy My Place...:D Acre + 20 minutes to the Airport Right off of I10 Litchfield Park 3 BR 3 Full Baths Office and a Barn out back for your mother-in law:eek::joke
Pool Lrge wood burning Keva right in the foothills of the White Tank Mnt Range great 4 wheeling horse back riding Ect

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
WHERE WOULD YOU STAY AWAY FROM?
I was there a couple weeks ago and liked Fountain Hillls, and drove around all your freeways.
Thanks Mike

Drove around all 6 of our freeways??? :lmao

As far as areas to stay away from, South Phoenix, West Phoenix along the 10 until you get way out West, and there are some pockets in just about every part of town that aren't really inviting. Fountain Hills isn't bad, just a little bit too overrun with old folks for my taste, although theyr'e trying to get a younger thing going on out there. The CC&R's will kill you out there though.

20 minutes to the Airport

At what, Mach 2 at 3 AM coming down the 10??? :beer:lmao:point

Joker

Reaction score
I liked Verrado when I was there. Kinda far out I guess if youre working downtown.
Who gave you the green light?
My lights still red.
Damn, I hate CA.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I liked Verrado when I was there. Kinda far out I guess if youre working downtown.
Who gave you the green light?
My lights still red.
Damn, I hate CA.

I can work from anywhere, wife is changing offices from Irvine to Phoenix. We have been in So Cal since early 80's and are very ready for the change.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Hoping to move to the NW Phoenix area as well next year.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Corey Condit, aka CDOG, is a good realtor who recently made the move from southern cali to Scottsdale. He's a good guy and knows real estate. 480 248 3879.

If you're looking for a new build, my father and brother build homes - They have a couple of new builds that they are just finishing up N of the Carefree HWY off of 12th St.

lakebound

Reaction score
I know a Realtor that specializes in the East Valley. PM if you want her number.

Magic34

Reaction score
Where would you like to be?

I prefer the East Valley in some specific areas. If you want Chandler, the Ocotillo area is nice off of the 101 and Queen Creek. However, traffic in the afternoon on the 101 heading South is horrible. Same thing going north in the AZ.

I live in Northeast Mesa off of Val Vista. Within 2 miles of the 202. I travel a lot and I make it to the airport in less than 20 minutes. (17-18 miles away). Traffic is only bad on that freeway when there are accidents or for a 30 minute section in the morning. Other than that, traffic isn't bad at all.

The North side of town has gotten nice, it just seems really far to everything from there for me. The west side.... Personally, I would avoid.

I've lived in various parts of Chandler and now Mesa. I grew up on the east side of town in Chandler (Mesa and Tempe boarder were 1 mile away), so i have been around many of the cities here. I love the area that I am in. The schools are great and the homes are nice but not overpriced.

My zip code is 85213 if you are doing a search online.

If you want to be close to a lake, I am close to Saguaro which is 20 minutes away. Pleasant is 1 hour, about 50 miles. I always go to Pleasant.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have provided input as it should help us to narrow down were to look.

This has been in the works for many monthes but we didnt want to jinx it by starting to look to soon. Yesterday the offer came in to Mrs Sig and she hit a home run!:beer

It's been awhile since i have been to Phoenix but I understand it has really boomed. I think the last time I was there Goodyear was a long way out of town and from looking at the maps is now part of Phoenix.

Is the building industry still moving our has it slowed down like the rest of the south?

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
It's been awhile since i have been to Phoenix but I understand it has really boomed. I think the last time I was there Goodyear was a long way out of town and from looking at the maps is now part of Phoenix.

It's all one big stretch of tract homes now. Now would be a great time to pick up a place though. Definatetly a buyers market. Depending on what you're looking to spend, Big Warlock has a badass place in Peoria, gated community, 4500 sq feet, killer back patio and pool, and close to Lake Pleasant.

Magic34

Reaction score
T
Is the building industry still moving our has it slowed down like the rest of the south?

It is at the lowest level in 16 years. AZ Republic actually just did an article on it.

I am trying to buy a lot and build less than 1/4 mile from where I am now. If you want to build, now is the time to do it. These guys are hungry!

And Goodyear.... I would resist.