WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good dog, useless owner.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
This dog loves their sheep.

foghorn-leghorn.gif

TimeBandit

Reaction score
We have a coyote problem here. They come in the yard all the time. So far they have killed 5 chickens.

Our 15 pound mutt goes after them like he is a beast... and they run.

It's what good dogs do.

500bbc

Reaction score
We have a coyote problem here. They come in the yard all the time. So far they have killed 5 chickens.

Our 15 pound mutt goes after them like he is a beast... and they run.

It's what good dogs do.
Friend of mine in a rural area thought it was cute his German Shepard played with the coyotes. I told him they were going to tag team him, exhaust him, kill him and eat him.
They did...

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Shoot the fuckers if you can before they kill your dog.
I would if it was not illegal and my wife hadn't already said no. I was already sizing up the drawer by the back door as a handy draw spot.

From what our security cameras pick up it is only ever 1 coyote in the yard at a time.

spectras only

Reaction score
My friend is a big guy, he's here with his Komondor, with its fur trimmed a bit.:D Males weigh up to 60kg The most effective breeds include Akbash, Kangal, Great Pyrenees, and Komondor. Bred as a chief protector of herds, the Komondor is wary of strangers and fiercely protective. Komondor's main task is to guard flocks of sheep or other livestock against predators such as wolves, coyotes, feral dogs, or human predators.

1670037281372.jpeg

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
I would if it was not illegal and my wife hadn't already said no. I was already sizing up the drawer by the back door as a handy draw spot.

From what our security cameras pick up it is only ever 1 coyote in the yard at a time.
There is always 2 in the bush for every one you see. Friend just had his Boston terrier eaten. Got it on camera. Same yote that had been hanging around the prior month. He was supposed to get a shepherd pup from me. He went and got a rot puppy after.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There is always 2 in the bush for every one you see. Friend just had his Boston terrier eaten. Got it on camera. Same yote that had been hanging around the prior month. He was supposed to get a shepherd pup from me. He went and got a rot puppy after.
Out here, one will come in close to the coops...on point I guess? At least 2 just inside the fence line, about 100yds out in the grass. About twice a year, one gets bit by something and staggers off. It's the weirdest thing. The one close in takes off, and so does the unaffected one...following the gimp. They turn on gimpy real quick.

About every 6 months there ends up being a new batch...but they seem to learn and stay away. Haven't lost any chickens in 7 years, and our dogs are in at night.

RichL

Reaction score
Out here, one will come in close to the coops...on point I guess? At least 2 just inside the fence line, about 100yds out in the grass. About twice a year, one gets bit by something and staggers off. It's the weirdest thing. The one close in takes off, and so does the unaffected one...following the gimp. They turn on gimpy real quick.

About every 6 months there ends up being a new batch...but they seem to learn and stay away. Haven't lost any chickens in 7 years, and our dogs are in at night.
That is weird.
😁

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

“Weirdest thing”. Noted…

4Waters

Reaction score

Maybe it's a snake that's biting them🤔 LOL

NicPaus

Reaction score
How far out of hand does it have to get?

Torrance and Rolling hills finally started trapping. But they can't publicly mention the ones they have caught cause Peta and the tree huggers go nuts.

Friend who had his dog eaten called city. They sent out the trapper. Snared the yote next day. Largest he has got 35 lbs. My buddy posted pics of the dead yote on Facebook and said many more to come for killing Rocky. Within minutes city was getting blown up with calls and he was getting threats. The trapper called him Within 30 minutes of the post asking him to please remove it. It was jeopardizing his job. He has 3 young kids that play where it got Rocky.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Can't believe that the idiot in the video "watched" the entire event. He doesn't deserve to own the dogs or the sheep. My dog is a part of my family. Nothing f___s with him while I'm around!!!
Not only did he watch and do nothing he didn't even pay the vet bill he had some organization take care of it. Douchebag.

4Waters

Reaction score

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
People have to remember in different parts of the country that animals are used as tools for a business, they are not household pets, just a different view of owning a dog

Spot

Reaction score
Some dogs just flat out do their job and are priceless.

hman442

Reaction score
“Weirdest thing”. Noted…
I have a two story house, out in the junipers & sagebrush. Five acres, so neighbors aren't close, but aren't far either. Fairly often, I hear the coyotes yipping. They sound like they are almost in the yard. I bought a Ruger .300 blackout, subsonic ammo, suppressed, and put a ATN Night vision scope on it. Plan to "discourage" the yippers from my upstairs window, but haven't had the opportunity yet. A few years ago, the magpies were noisily going to town in the backyard, after the dogs food. They'd scream for hours, beginning at daylight.I took the screen out of the upstairs bathroom window, and used a scoped .22. Solved that issue in a few weeks time.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I have a two story house, out in the junipers & sagebrush. Five acres, so neighbors aren't close, but aren't far either. Fairly often, I hear the coyotes yipping. They sound like they are almost in the yard. I bought a Ruger .300 blackout, subsonic ammo, suppressed, and put a ATN Night vision scope on it. Plan to "discourage" the yippers from my upstairs window, but haven't had the opportunity yet. A few years ago, the magpies were noisily going to town in the backyard, after the dogs food. They'd scream for hours, beginning at daylight.I took the screen out of the upstairs bathroom window, and used a scoped .22. Solved that issue in a few weeks time.
I like the CVA Scout in your set up

4Waters

Reaction score
I had to do in a mocking bird once, he'd start about 45mun before sunrise in my neighbors tree, I did everything for 2.5 to 3 weeks to get that fucker to go somewhere else, I finally had to cap him with a .177 break barrel, neighbors were happy. LOL

NicPaus

Reaction score
Friends a yote go through there open sliding glass door and eat there dog. In Lomita. They came home to the other dogs hiding and just the head of the other laying there. They have since got a Cane Corso.