WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Lord

NicPaus

Reaction score
any update on the driver? Heard he was air lifted right before we got to the upper sand bar
Waiting on a reply from his Son. He was en route to Phoenix last text. Both are members here. Driver been a river guy for 40 years and he is one of my River Brothers. Hoping for the best.

Richard.E

Reaction score
is that what it is ? I thought 19' spectra, nice hull with cap job. do you know what size mercury o.b. ?

Here is the info on the boat from awhile back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a GMT which was the 19' Spectra mold so you're half right. Lol! I want to say I remembered Dennis (old owner of the boat) telling me it's only a 225 I think?

That thing was able to flatten out some water too with the bow tank filled. Surprised to see it on top of the dock like that.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Yes.. I believe 225 Pro Max.

Just saw the post about the 2.4 by @Richard.E. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
Dam.... so many accidents right in front of Foxes. The water is always shit right there.

DLC

Reaction score
I thought they always had a DUI check point, I mean a safety inspection the weekend before the holiday.

it appears social distancing Trumps safety inspections....

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Just got off the phone. Few staples and everything else checked out. Keeping him overnight for observation. Should be good to go home tomorrow.

Good to hear. Was he the only person in
Boat?

rivergames

Reaction score
I was at Foxs yesterday when the jet boat went up on the pontoon. Luckily no big injuries.

I was at Foxs again when the red outboard shot the moon off the dock. It was something I wish I didn't see. My cousin and buddy hopped the fence and helped get the driver out of the water. The helicoper came and airlifted him out. I pray he'll recover.

Yesterday was one that I'll never forget.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was at Foxs yesterday when the jet boat went up on the pontoon. Luckily no big injuries.

I was at Foxs again when the red outboard shot the moon off the dock. It was something I wish I didn't see. My cousin and buddy hopped the fence and helped get the driver out of the water. The helicoper came and airlifted him out. I pray he'll recover.

I can’t be the only person shocked to hear you were at foxes 😂😂

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

Next weekend is going to be worse. People are converging on Havasu / Parker area like never before. Yesterday Mohave and Mead were noticeably busy. It is pretty wild. I will say the relative mild temperatures still makes it nice out in the desert offroading.

rivergames

Reaction score
Next weekend is going to be worse. People are converging on Havasu / Parker area like never before. Yesterday Mohave and Mead were noticeably busy. It is pretty wild. I will say the relative mild temperatures still makes it nice out in the desert offroading.
I agree. That's while I'll be on my fishing boat in the middle of no where for 3 days! [emoji106]

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I heard it took two hours to get off the water yesterday

DWC

Reaction score
Did you just head to the launch ramp?

mobldj

Reaction score
i will be sitting on my deck at river lodge high and dry watching the shit show this coming weekend.its ridiculous !

calendar pic 2.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a GMT which was the 19' Spectra mold so you're half right. Lol! I want to say I remembered Dennis (old owner of the boat) telling me it's only a 225 I think?

That thing was able to flatten out some water too with the bow tank filled. Surprised to see it on top of the dock like that.

That boat never had a ballast tank that I am aware of

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That boat never had a ballast tank that I am aware of
Really? I coulda swore Dennis told me it had one. He coulda very well been bullshitting me though.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Really? I coulda swore Dennis told me it had one. He coulda very well been bullshitting me though.

I don't recall seeing 1. Scott might of removed it before selling it to my buddy. I know he just put a new motor on it last trip i was out. I just text him see what he says

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I don’t recall it having one. The boat handled chop really well. It always amazed me how stable that boat was in rough water.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Scott blew the motor up last year. Not sure what he replaced it with but Dennis had a 260 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
I saw the red GMT earlier this weekend and it sounded and looked good headed upriver. Happy there were no serious injuries to the driver. I've always liked that boat! 👍

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Am I reading this right ? my personal opinion is nothing OVER 26' should be on the Parker Strip. There is a Large Lake just north of the Parker Strip more suited to boats OVER 26'.
Exactly what i wrote, however the 🤷🏼🤣🤣 was to express my sarcasm.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I put a stupid price on AirBNB on our house for memorial and of course someone paid it. Guess were staying home for the holiday.

I agree price your home plain out of sight then "IF" so be it and have plenty of $'s for something else. The Big Thing = not putting up with ALL the foolishness.

Dana757

Reaction score
Looks like another one today. No clue what’s happening to cause this? I’ve driven that stretch of water thousands of times.
Dang! speed couldn’t have been a factor with this one. lol

traquer

Reaction score
All this talk about the weekends, but how are the week days? I assume weekdays aren't like they usually are either?

Reaction score
Looks like another one today. No clue what’s happening to cause this? I’ve driven that stretch of water thousands of times.

it's like the boat drivers this weekend were all graduates of the PWC driving school...

I mean't that as a compliment.

rivergames

Reaction score
I was at the Sandbar this evening around 4:30 and another fucking white boat went up on the 1 dock north of the other to hit yesterday. I'm still mind boggled as to how this happened...... I saw all 3

rivergames

Reaction score
My phone was here at my pad. The pick posted was probably from my neighbor Eddie that was on my pops boat with us. It was crazy seeing another one on the dock today

rivergames

Reaction score
We saw the patrol boat and sherriff car pull up at the same time. I saw an older cat in a chair with people helping him and rescue running up. I pray he is OK

mbrown2

Reaction score
We boated all weekend on Parker....it was like a Memorial Day weekend. Water was very choppy in spots. Combine that will a regatta of sorts with some seriously nice hardware it made for some mishaps. Just great no one got hurt. That dock is on a turn that has had boats run up on it prior. A twin engine DCB Mach several years back. Who knows what happened in these it was likely something different in each. For instance the water was busy today but nothing like yesterday so that white ski boat might have had steering failure. The others who knows but they were likely not running slow to end up where they did. Just great no one was injured on the docks.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I launched at Lake Havasu Marina on Saturday and Sunday at 7am and only had 3 trucks/boats in front of me both days at the ramp.
Went up river on Saturday around 2pm and it was pretty harry navigating through the small path trying to avoid the shallow spots and boaters who clearly didn’t know the path to take.
Sunday headed up river at 9am and there was no body up there and parked at Pirates Cove around 10am and there was probably 4 boats total there. Went to Topac for lunch and by the time we sat down I looked at the Topac entrance and there was probably 10+ boats trying to come in.

Seemed like the typical crowd everyone has been talking about are all late to get on the water. Launching early made the weekend so much better and missed all the crowd!

Backlash

Reaction score
Spent the entire weekend watching the newbies and jet ski crowd running amuck in Parker. Surprised there weren't more accidents. 🤬