WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

good machine shop in boulder city/henderson/vegas?

pcrussell50

Reaction score
i need to get some valve reliefs ground into the piston tops of my race car motor--switching to a new set of heads with bigger intake valves. i live in a small town in socal, (santa barbara), but i have a second home near lake mead in boulder city now, and i fly for free. sooo... since vegas is WAY bigger than santa barbara, where there is only one, overpriced machine shop in town, i thought maybe i'd get my pistons flycut out there. i'll have the pistons out for fresh bearings anyway. i can toss 'em into my suitcase.

-peter

Last edited:

Wicked Performance Boats

Reaction score
i need to get some valve reliefs ground into my the piston tops of my race car motor--switching to a new set of heads with bigger intake valves. i live in a small town in socal, (santa barbara), but i have a second home near lake mead in boulder city now, and i fly for free. sooo... since vegas is WAY bigger than santa barbara, where there is only one, overpriced machine shop in town, i thought maybe i'd get my pistons flycut out there. i'll have the pistons out for fresh bearings anyway. i can toss 'em into my suitcase.

-peter

Kelljs machine shop, vegas. Don't go to Skull Marine in Boulder City, you'll be sorry. Pat

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
IMHO two flycuts per piston = rebalancing.......... Weight every piston BEFORE flycuts, then deside... If you have the 'original build bobweight numbers' written down, you will be $$$$ ahead.....

pcrussell50

Reaction score
pisser. i don't have the balance sheets any longer. i never expected this motor to last this long. usually i've blown it up by now, and have new pistons anyway. i'll weigh the cost of a cut and rebalance against the cost of new pistons. thanks.

-peter

guest hs

Reaction score
Try engine works next to propeller works on sunset road in henderson