WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Rain Jacket?

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
My new job has me out in the rain delivering and picking up heavy equipment. Thought I bought a good jacket since it was ANSI Class 3 approved, blah, blah, but it sucks! I still end up soaked at the end of the day.

I was looking at Carhartt Storm Defender but it only comes in black? I need something hi-vis yellow for when it's dark and I'm on a jobsite or side of the road.

This is what I got....
KwikSafety (Charlotte, NC) GALAXY Class 3 SoftShell Safety Jacket | ANSI Water Resistant Lightweight Reflective Hi Vis PPE Detachable Hood| Wind Rain Construction, Men Women Yellow | X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7BJYQ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FGDDCbBQG04CJ

Any recommendations? I don't mind spending the money on something that works.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Its a little pricey but you will not find better quality cold weather water gear than KUIU its high end hunting gear but its lite weight and keeps you warm and dry period....

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Do you need a shell or do you need something that can take a beating?

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
3E31CAA4-A653-43B7-B594-7F10D886A452.png
This is what I have keeps me dry and warm, but these are on the few occasions I get out of my pickup when it’s raining, and warm enough for California

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
North Face is my personal favorite because of their warranty policy. Just about any rain gear that uses Goretex will be quality. REI has many great products. You get what you pay for so Avoid cheap gear that claims fancy BS coatings and has BS claims about being WP as the bag they come in is usually better their rain gear.
“Stay dry my friend”

hallett21

Reaction score
North Face is my personal favorite because of their warranty policy. Just about any rain gear that uses Goretex will be quality. REI has many great products. You get what you pay for so Avoid cheap gear that claims fancy BS coatings and has BS claims about being WP as the bag they come in is usually better their rain gear.
“Stay dry my friend”

X2 a good jacket cost a few bucks but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yard dog

Reaction score
I wear a Work King s426 class 3 which is ANSI107- 2015 compliant , I got from Hivis Supply they have web site they also have shirts too that are compliant too . I have to be ANSI107-2015 compliant in the yard rail when loading . It's great for the rain and cold. www.hivissupply.com The color you need is lime .

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Get a good waterproof jacket and wear a $15 safety reflective vest over it.

welldigger00

Reaction score

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
“Stay dry my friend”

X2 on the Goretex. BUT...Stay out of REI. They represent and defend most everything this demographic is threatened by.

Bunch of militant, green enviro-hippies.

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Looks like Goretex is a good way to go, I like they have a "Guarantee To Keep You Dry." Never thought to look into what the crabbers wear, makes total sense. Now just need to find the right combo of pants or bib to go with the jacket. Thanks again for everyone's input. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Grundens or Helly Hansen. I swear by my Grundens, neoprene cuffs, double button front, and a good hood. If you only get the jacket, you are dumping water down your pants. Get the whole suit, bibs and jacket. https://www.lfsmarineoutdoor.com/Grundens-Hi-Vis-Ansi-Petrus-HD-44-Hooded-Rain-Jacket
Is this strictly rain gear? Or does it have any insulation I need something for crawling around underneath 18 wheelers in the snow when the wind is blowing 40 miles an hour. :rolleyes:

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Is this strictly rain gear? Or does it have any insulation I need something for crawling around underneath 18 wheelers in the snow when the wind is blowing 40 miles an hour. :rolleyes:
It is rain gear with enough room to wear insulated clothes underneath. I wear it all winter long on the jobsite. Dry is warm, warm is dry. Goretex is great and has its place, but in muddy, greasy conditions I will take rain proof work wear. It is tough, repairable, and made for the conditions.

The bibs are Herkules btw.

Gripside80

Reaction score
ArcTeryx hands down makes the best stuff there is. If you have deep pockets I highly recommend this brand. But it doesn’t come cheap.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Its a little pricey but you will not find better quality cold weather water gear than KUIU its high end hunting gear but its lite weight and keeps you warm and dry period....

Love all my KUIU gear but he’s looking for hi-vis. Wish they made something.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I wear a Work King s426 class 3 which is ANSI107- 2015 compliant , I got from Hivis Supply they have web site they also have shirts too that are compliant too . I have to be ANSI107-2015 compliant in the yard rail when loading . It's great for the rain and cold. www.hivissupply.com The color you need is lime .
Sent ya a text [emoji41][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk