WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Riddance Eli Manning!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Glad to see that he possibly played his last game today. Fuck you.

GRADS

Reaction score
He fucked SoCal like no one else has. Cry baby bitch.

GRADS

Reaction score
He was supposed to be a S.D. Charger and basically said he wouldn't play if that was the case.

oldschool

Reaction score
He was supposed to be a S.D. Charger and basically said he wouldn't play if that was the case.
Lol. That’s because his dad is a smart dude. If he went to SD it would not have changed a thing for the Chargers and he wouldn’t have two rings. The Spanos family has fucked SoCal harder than Eli ever could have.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Didn’t Elway do something similar when he came into the League?
He followed his dads guidance too.

Super Bowl rings and MVPs = money and people that say money doesn't buy happiness never had either one.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Didn’t Elway do something similar when he came into the League?
He followed his dads guidance too.

Super Bowl rings and MVPs = money and people that say money doesn't buy happiness never had either one.

Yep, he was drafted by the Colts but refused to play for them. He ended up in Denver.

Reactions: TPC

dave29

Reaction score
2 Lombardi trophies, 16 seasons and a .500 lifetime success rate. "Cry baby bitch"?? Really? Grads I think you have the wrong person in mind.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yeah screw eli. That 500 record is nothing to be proud of. The two superbowl wins in 4 years is a hell of an accomplishment though. I was laughing my ass off when he was whining about not wanting to play in sd and they drafted him anyway. He was up there holding the jersey looking like he was gonna cry.

bosa5.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Eli was a decent QB. His last couple years he was playing for a horrible team. The fact that he stuck around and didn’t demand a trade tells me he was loyal to the Giants and not a whiney bitch. He also isn’t Peyton, who obviously has/had great success on and off the field.

I’d say he was smart to go play for for someone besides the Chargers. How many super bowls did that team win over that period? Brees and Rivers couldn’t win one there. Rivers is a whiney bitch imo. That guy is walking tantrum. He makes me root for any team the Chargers are playing against just so I can watch him lose.

Fuck Grads and fuck the Chargers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
Archie must have taught him well after running for his life playing for the aints in the 70s. I always felt bad for him.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yep, he was drafted by the Colts but refused to play for them. He ended up in Denver.

The thing that Elway did not consider was that the Colts never intended to sign him. He was trade fodder as “the trade” that followed clearly demonstrated.

I remember Elway standing at the news conference in near tears claiming “Ill play baseball for Steinbrenner before I play for the Colts” (The Yankees had also drafted him).
Colts management just kind of laughed as they signed him away for the world.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I remember how well SoCal treated Drew Brees:)

And then tonight. [emoji106]. Most touchdowns passing Peyton and F Brady [emoji849]and 29 for 30 passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
Amazing how many opinions there are in this thread for people that allegedly don't watch the NFL anymore.:rolleyes:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Amazing how many opinions there are in this thread for people that allegedly don't watch the NFL anymore.:rolleyes:
I haven't :p but almost did then thought wgaf? Not me.:D
However, most of us were still fans when all these goofy shit trades and posturing went down.
Chargers best ever trade was giving up #1 pick to Atlanta who took Vick and SD then got Brees and LT outta the deal.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The thing that Elway did not consider was that the Colts never intended to sign him. He was trade fodder as “the trade” that followed clearly demonstrated.

I remember Elway standing at the news conference in near tears claiming “Ill play baseball for Steinbrenner before I play for the Colts” (The Yankees had also drafted him).

Worked out well for old John, I would say.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Aikman had no stats but three rings made him a HOF inductee.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Same result.
Elway had contending teams in mind and being trading stock wasn’t in the big picture to make that happen.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Worked out well for old John, I would say.

Yes it did.
He matured into one of the most competitive, driven QB’s to ever play the game...and I hated him for it because my Browns seemed to bear the brunt of it! Lol.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Same result.
Elway had contending teams in mind and being trading stock wasn’t in the big picture to make that happen.

But it was in the big picture for the Colts to benifit in what remains one of the biggest trade deals.

boater250s

Reaction score
No matter what you think of Eli Manning, he can always brag that he beat the New England Patriots with Tom Brady, not once, but twice.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
FUCK.... I can't believe that I agree with Grads about something. :D I've hated Eli since that NFL draft. He didn't just dis the Chargers, he dis'd San Diego. Interesting statistic, Eli is 0-4 against the Chargers. Yeah, fuck Eli.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My ONLY criticism of Eli is that I believe he should have retired at least 3 years ago. He is dedicated to NY, but has, IMO, hurt them the last few seasons primarily by not stepping aside and allowing some building for QB.
I’m not real familiar with the current program, does NY have anyone in the wings?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
FUCK.... I can't believe that I agree with Grads about something. :D I've hated Eli since that NFL draft. He didn't just dis the Chargers, he dis'd San Diego. Interesting statistic, Eli is 0-4 against the Chargers. Yeah, fuck Eli.

Lol. Well it does prove one thing...Eli is no dummy!
0-4 against the Chargers...but 2-0 against Brady and the Pats in superbowl’s...hmmmm, how will I choose??

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
My ONLY criticism of Eli is that I believe he should have retired at least 3 years ago. He is dedicated to NY, but has, IMO, hurt them the last few seasons primarily by not stepping aside and allowing some building for QB.
I’m not real familiar with the current program, does NY have anyone in the wings?
Their draft pick from Duke that started and apparently faded or got hurt. I don't pay much attention to the Giants.

BajaT

Reaction score
They have to give Superbowl MVP award to someone. They won 17-14 and 21-17. Not exactly scores that reflect a lot going on by the QB's. Tyree made the catch that basically won them the 1 superbowl. Not too many talk about Rypen or Dilfer, they both won a superbowl.... 22 starters on the team. QB's get too much credit for winning, but not their fault when they lose IMO......Also, top 10 all time in interceptions and losses....

Last edited:

boater250s

Reaction score
They have to give Superbowl MVP award to someone. They won 17-14 and 21-17. Not exactly scores that reflect a lot going on by the QB's. Tyree made the catch that basically won them the 1 superbowl. Not too many talk about Rypen or Dilfer, they both won a superbowl.... 22 starters on the team. QB's get too much credit for winning, but not their fault when they lose IMO......Also, top 10 all time in interceptions and losses....
Who avoided the sack and made the Throw to Tyree ?

BajaT

Reaction score
He threw it in more of desperation, like a hail marry, the catch was the unbelievable part. This day in age, they would have blown the play dead to protect the QB and Pats win another superbowl.....That play likely doubled the amount of scrambling he did in his career to avoid a sack. The entire play was unbelievable, don't get me wrong.....If you give an MVP based on that play, I give it to the WR as you could not cover him better......

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
He threw it in more of desperation, like a hail marry, the catch was the unbelievable part. This day in age, they would have blown the play dead to protect the QB and Pats win another superbowl.....That play likely doubled the amount of scrambling he did in his career to avoid a sack. The entire play was unbelievable, don't get me wrong.....If you give an MVP based on that play, I give it to the WR as you could not cover him better......

Im not a fan of MVP awards.
When I played our coach refused to allow us to accept them.
If you recall Brady’s first SB (and the entire post season for that matter) he was Bledsoe’s back up and the Pats were underdogs the entire post season and the SB.
Not once in that run did they do individual announcements when taking the field. They entered as a team. The rams and Warner were all but awarded the trophy before the game, it was merely a formality to play before handing the rings out to the Rams. Things have changed in the 16+ years since, but that season exemplified what it is to win as a team.

BajaT

Reaction score
Agreed. Left tackle one of the most important positions, rarely get mentioned unless hurt during a game. Some QB's look great because of them, others look horrible because of them. Why I get tired of numbers of rings etc. Marino has no ring, so Dilfer better? Can't really compare by stats. Longer up play, more opportunities in playoffs etc will give u a higher number of outcomes, both good and bad. Barry Sanders, behind a horrible o line and bad QB play did amazing. Stats/wins/losses overrated when determining how good one is.....

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

They are not chattel slaves without free will. If the S.D. organization was not a good fit for him (in his opinion) then he's free to seek employment elsewhere, which he did.