WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good scam?

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I posted my wife’s 2008 denali for sale and I got a text from someone saying they were Interested and “could arrange the cash” and “my final price was fair” etc so it sounded like a scam. Then the guy keep asking to meet and says he needs to take the day off so it’s sounds legit. Then he says he needs the VI report? I’m like WTF is that? He says oh it’s the vin report that only the owner can pull. So I check it out, it’s $25, anyone can pull it. Now the dude keeps saying he likes my car the best but I won’t send him the VI report. I figure this new version of Carfax has guys just trolling people to get them to spend the $25 or harvest CC numbers.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I had this happen a couple months ago. I printed of a "free" VI.. he told me that he need a "specific one" it only cost $25. Talked to my buddy that sells alot of cars and come to find out, The "pusher" gets $10 of that $25.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had this happen a couple months ago. I printed of a "free" VI.. he told me that he need a "specific one" it only cost $25. Talked to my buddy that sells alot of cars and come to find out, The "pusher" gets $10 of that $25.

lol. It never ends..

Can you imagine how hard these guys gotta work to get the 10.00? Seems like it would be easier to just goto work?

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Scam. I got similar responses when selling a motorcycle last year.

My new response is "when would you like to come see it?" no matter what the question is.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Totally wants you to enter your CC info into their website. Ahhhh FU

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Ran into the same scam a couple years ago when selling my truck. these f'rs just need to go out and get a job. Seems like a lot of work for $10.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I would tell them... no problem... here’s the VIN ... run it... if you want to buy the vehicle. I’ll take $25 off the price 😉

attitude

Reaction score
It’s a scam, I had a guy try to do that with me and it was some website he sent the link to, I gave him my vin and said run it anywhere you like. He went on and on about how it is my job to market my car and he shouldn’t need to spend money. When I offered to send him a Carfax he wouldn’t except it lol

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
lol. It never ends..

Can you imagine how hard these guys gotta work to get the 10.00? Seems like it would be easier to just goto work?

It is all AI... A little bit of code here and there and a few canned responses... Boom, the cash just rolls right in...

Tank

Reaction score
I sell stuff on CL all the time. I'm not down for difficult. I have the product, it's listed...If you want it, show up with cash. You hand over the cash, I hand over the product. Easy as that. People start getting into weird demands and shit, I'm like, I don't have time for this shit. Even if it is legit. Whatever I'm selling will sell to someone that will make it easy. LOL

Dana757

Reaction score
lol. It never ends..

Not when the only other job in the county he lives in is highjacking tanker ships. lol

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I've gotten "I'm interested in your ...... Are you real?" Then they want me to send them some code... I'm real if you're real... bring cash if you want it!