WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Things About Havasu

DWC

Reaction score
I call that place the castle!
Honeybee and N Palo.

I’m on Deer run drive nearer the cemetery.
The Castle place looks bad ass. Looks like they did a bunch of work on it. Looks like the owner is using full time or at least more. There’s a big CC there quite a bit.
Ironic as i sit in a VRBO in Kentucky, to say VRBO’s need to be controlled. As much as I’d like to buy a couple, I just don’t think i could do it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The Castle place looks bad ass. Looks like they did a bunch of work on it. Looks like the owner is using full time or at least more. There’s a big CC there quite a bit.
Ironic as i sit in a VRBO in Kentucky, to say VRBO’s need to be controlled. As much as I’d like to buy a couple, I just don’t think i could do it.

That big MTI (or outerlimits?) with quad 450 Rs was there quite a bit during desert storm and various other times. The last 2-3 years that house has had constant work going on.
I’d love to see it inside.
It’s got an actual moat, I dont know how many garage spaces. I know I’ve seen more than one big eliminator parked all the way in the garage.
It’s got a putting green, and casita, and a big deck over the back side of the moat/ creek/ pool.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It's probably good to know google maps is WORTHLESS in Havasu. It will take you the longest way to get somewhere EVERY time!!

It's best to ask someone who lives there for directions. And be ready to write that shit down! :eek:😁

DWC

Reaction score
Back to the OP..
- I actually like quite a few restaurants in Havasu. Boat House, Javalinas, College St, Chabones, Mario’s and Mudsharks are on the regular rotation. Yeah, my taste buds are simple. Good food and cold beer is all i ask.
- Launch ramp and off roading are a few minutes away. Takes longer to hook up the boat and load up the SXS than it does to hit water or dirt.
- The people are awesome. Whether it’s RDP inmates or locals the majority are awesome.
- Sunsets are tough to beat.

We moved into our place just over 2 1/2 years ago. It was one of the best decisions we’ve made. The drive sucks but as someone said, it’s a different level of relaxing as soon as we hit the 95.

DLC

Reaction score
That big MTI (or outerlimits?) with quad 450 Rs was there quite a bit during desert storm and various other times. The last 2-3 years that house has had constant work going on.
I’d love to see it inside.
It’s got an actual moat, I dont know how many garage spaces. I know I’ve seen more than one big eliminator parked all the way in the garage.
It’s got a putting green, and casita, and a big deck over the back side of the moat/ creek/ pool.

I’ve seen more workers there than people actually staying there & using it.
it’s a really cool property! Be nice to see the inside.

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
Maybe @RiverDave and @RiverDiva can pull together a "RiverPads" Youtube series. Kinda like a Lifestyles type show? It would make a nice tie between the RE biz and RDP.
That’s a great idea!

I actually surf Zillow to view interiors and landscaping to try to get some ideas….

DLC

Reaction score
Back to the OP..
- I actually like quite a few restaurants in Havasu. Boat House, Javalinas, College St, Chabones, Mario’s and Mudsharks are on the regular rotation. Yeah, my taste buds are simple. Good food and cold beer is all i ask.
- Launch ramp and off roading are a few minutes away. Takes longer to hook up the boat and load up the SXS than it does to hit water or dirt.
- The people are awesome. Whether it’s RDP inmates or locals the majority are awesome.

We moved into our place just over 2 1/2 years ago. It was one of the best decisions we’ve made. The drive sucks but as someone said, it’s a different level of relaxing as soon as we hit the 95.

We enjoy fall and spring the most ! sleep with the doors / windows open, listening to our wall fountain in the back yard, it’s so relaxing!
The pressures of the normal day to day grind just isn’t there, Even while working from home!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Back to the OP..

Right there with you Don. There is something that just sits right for us and Havasu. It was weird this trip back to Hawaii the past two weeks has been interesting. Went to Maui for a vacation…LOL. Then came back to Honolulu last Friday. Gen was in tears by Monday wanting to be back at “Home” in Havasu. Good thing is that Gen finally has a place that gets her the calmness that she needs.

DWC

Reaction score
Right there with you Don. There is something that just sits right for us and Havasu. It was weird this trip back to Hawaii the past two weeks has been interesting. Went to Maui for a vacation…LOL. Then came back to Honolulu last Friday. Gen was in tears by Monday wanting to be back at “Home” in Havasu. Good thing is that Gen finally has a place that gets her the calmness that she needs.
There’s nothing more important.. nothing.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
There’s nothing more important.. nothing.
Now I just need to get out on the water more. LOL THat is happening next year. Not going to be doing the monthly back and forth for sure. Thinking 2 weeks on 4 weeks off and Gen to join when ever she feels up to it. I think that the hard part is that we are still dealing with my Step mother cleaning up the mess left by my father’s death. He was like a father to Gen in her eyes. She knew my father before me through business. That might be what is making it tough Here in Hawaii.

HB2LHC

Reaction score
A skate session with my son before we take the boat out is my favorite. Its always empty when its hot. ha ha. We don't care. Skate park is insane.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GPR721

Reaction score
I take my boy to the dog park a lot in the cooler months, I'll keep my eye out for you and Brady ( hopefully named after Tom.)😁👍
I did even though I'm a Steelers fan. I got him during Super Bowl weekend last year so it seemed kind of right to name him that.
Don’t come in here with your positivity! 😁😁.
I know right?
I spend weeks working 15 hour days on an oil rig, drive 800 miles straight to get “home”.
I turn the corner onto my street after working 105 hour weeks and just dreaming of getting home…and I see the pile of cars in the driveway at the Air BnB and my heart just sinks.
The screaming and partying is what I am typically greeted with. It’s hard to describe the absolute depression that has built over 3 years of this. I have to go to bed with ear plugs in.
I typically sleep better at work with a drill rig running in the distance.
I can’t wait to move from here.
Sorry to hear that. I guess the south side must be different.
I've talked to only a handful of my neighbors and I'm probably the loudest around here because my dog barks outside around 10 pm.
The rest of the time its actually too quiet.

Yep, Parker is closed...

All the cool kids know Havasu is the BEST place to be. 👍🏼

Tell a friend! 😁
The nice part of being on the south side is Parker is 30 minutes away.
I have a buddy that has a house down there.
Shame its closed all the time I hear it used to be pretty cool.

Nice Carrera!
Thanks, looks a little like yours. Can't wait to get it back on the water.

Sunset last night was nice after the monsoon rolled through.
IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
A skate session with my son before we take the boat out is my favorite. Its always empty when its hot. ha ha. We don't care. Skate park is insane.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Brought a customer though town last month for business. He was excited to see the park and bummed that he did not have a skateboard. Said that he wants to come back with a board. 👍

Tank

Reaction score
I just google mapped that place. WOW! That shit is impressive!! I'd love to take a tour of it.

DWC

Reaction score
I just google mapped that place. WOW! That shit is impressive!! I'd love to take a tour of it.
I’d be in on a tour. Everything down to plumbed Tiki torches look bad ass. Doesn’t look like they cut many corners.

DanG

Reaction score
Moved into our vacation home last year and said goodbye to CA for good. As many have said, one of my best life decisions so far. We now purchased a more suitable forever home and I have to pinch myself every morning when I wake up to this view.

1660683479597.png

GPR721

Reaction score
Thought I would add to the winter addition of good things about Havasu.
Kayaking from Topock to Castle Rock with no one else in the gorge.
KSXW0310.JPG

IMG_8771.JPG

AJRX2545.JPG

HGRA6917.JPG

Hiking SARA Park and then dropping the boat in to run down to the Springs for lunch.
IMG_8935.JPG

HNNV6272.JPG

IIXG5270.JPG

And of course off-roading 10 minutes from the house.
RWKX4749.JPG

QHBV0370.JPG

Attachments

• BLFP3272.JPG
    BLFP3272.JPG
    704.5 KB · Views: 35

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
View attachment 1189996

View attachment 1189997

View attachment 1189998

View attachment 1189999

Hiking SARA Park and then dropping the boat in to run down to the Springs for lunch.
View attachment 1190000

View attachment 1190002

View attachment 1190003

View attachment 1190004

View attachment 1190005
🤫 🤣

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
View attachment 1189996

View attachment 1189997

View attachment 1189998

View attachment 1189999

View attachment 1190000

View attachment 1190002

View attachment 1190003

View attachment 1190004

View attachment 1190005

Nice Carrera! 👍👍

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
For the south side of town, don’t overlook Cattail Cove for launching. It is smaller, but certainly more low key than the others.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Cat tails closed.
I heard the same...such a shame...a meteor hit it and rocks coved everything. Something similar happened at the Riviera so I hear..its closed too such a shame... Windsor, site 6 etc are all wide open though....so people can use those 😅😅😅

Flatsix66

Reaction score
View attachment 1189996

View attachment 1189997

View attachment 1189998

View attachment 1189999

View attachment 1190000

View attachment 1190002

View attachment 1190003

View attachment 1190004

View attachment 1190005
Castle Rock...rocks!
9DB6FBD9-A087-4BC5-A63C-7DE105671A21_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Todd’s performance here in Havasu.
Good thread but I'm still waiting for explanation on this statement... apparently nobody caught it last April

"Be careful of the women you invite to your house for the weekend" Cheers!:p