WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
What started out as a total novice build thread and turned into the biggest clusterfuck has come to and end.

I was nudged to check out RDP by a buddy that’s employed in the marine industry. I was just getting my feet “wet” so to speak, and was looking for guidance, tips, shit, I dunno... some fucking HELP!

After googling the living hell of the inter webs, I found RDP, and wound up reading a bunch for a couple months. Next thing I know I started a build thread.

one thing led to another and I had managed to befriend a couple of folks, alienate a few others and was authoring a sort of a polarizing thread. (Somewhat of a parallel to the flat earth idiot that just died last week)😳😳😳😳

Next thing I know I’m traveling all over the damned U. S. of A, as some sort of correspondent documenting all my travels.

It’s weird how life works. People who I looked up to didn’t really hold up their end, and those I went to bat for couldn’t quite swing hard enough.

Meanwhile, I’ve figured out that the only life I have lead is my own. I don’t have to write about it, take pictures of it happening to remember it. I just have to live it.

I’m going to keep living my best life. I’m going to keep taking advantage of the opportunities that I happen across, and continue skipping over the pitfalls.

ive met some of the best folks this world has to offer through this forum, and also had the opportunity to meet some of the worst. To know the difference is what sets it all apart 😎

Good luck, fair seas.
126E5645-763F-4CE5-A75A-2390ED7A93AC.jpeg

Hula signing off.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Safe travels as you enjoy your next adventure.
you will be missed, but I know how to find you!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
WTF?? What the hell happened in Havasu?

Live your life as you have, to the best you can. Do what you know. Enjoy the people around you. Dont try and change to make others happy, or listen to empty promises. But DONT stop posting!! Just look right through the bull shit and do what you do.

Whatever is going on dont let it get to you, and especially dont let it push you away from what you love in life. Just dont get caught up in the "internet life". You have a great group of friends, dont let the "internet friends" pull you away from the reality of the ones that care!!

No matter what you decide, I hope you stick around to share your experiences. Fuk everyone that dont give fuk!!

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
:(

Take care of yourself while you're out there on your many adventures of life to come...We will surely miss going on those adventures with you to boot.

Last edited:

BlowMe

Reaction score
Enjoy life and boating and do what makes ya happy. Good luck on all your future adventures. Be safe out there bud and I'm sorry to see ya go. Always enjoyed looking and reading your post

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
WTF!!! I don't know you personally but I enjoy your posts and you made me do a lot of my own work on my boat looking at you work on yours. Safe travels Mr. Hula!

shueman

Reaction score
Your input & content will be missed for sure ! You and Johnny take care ...

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I'll miss reading your posts, you are a "Road Warrior" for sure. Sorry you are leaving and happy trails.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Had to look at the date to see if it was April 1st?? Hope ya just stubbed your toe or something. I sure enjoy seeing all ya do & how helpful you are.

brownsuger

Reaction score
Had to look at the date to see if it was April 1st?? Hope ya just stubbed your toe or something. I sure enjoy seeing all ya do & how helpful you are.

Lol.... I agree... I've only been here a short time, but always enjoyed his posts

77 SLEEK

Reaction score
Hey Hula when you get home maybe we could have a few undocumented beers and talk about boats? Seems we have similar interests. Drive safe friend.

buck35

Reaction score
Well damn. Safe travels hula ,been waiting for ya to get home to send the dock decoration.

Bails

Reaction score
Well.....bye

😁

I always liked your posts for the most part. The drunkin rants were fun and the knowledge and insight were always good. It's the self righteousness that are the turn off. This post is a great example, are you really so important to this site that you need to post a goodbye thread? Now if you named names it might be worth the entertainment.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So if he signed off he won't see any of this anyways right?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
He will be back! And when he returns i sure hope he shares all the stories again.
These types of post crack me up. Bye, I'm outta here, only to leave a thread going. Why not just, cya guys in a bit. Taking a break from this place to get back to life. It's all good either way, just always find them kind funny. Almost like a HEY LAM ask me to stay type of post.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Someone call me when Sean returns. Until then, I'm out of here! 🤔

575cat

Reaction score
Remind,s me of the Truman show life went on .

buck35

Reaction score
I talked to Sean last week.
He will not be back. While time usually resolves conflicts, I don’t see Sean posting again on RDP.
This have anything to do with the Abaco deal that never materialized? Seems about when the quiet started.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The forum are you make em to be...

Sometimes they go your way, and sometimes they go against you.

I thought it was pretty cool when pretty much everyone here offered support to the guy when his house burned down...

Ya do what ya gotta do.

Peace.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Ladder dude. Sorry we didn’t get to have that beer together. Safe travels.

Singleton

Reaction score
This have anything to do with the Abaco deal that never materialized? Seems about when the quiet started.

While I know the answer, I am not going to post it. I am going to respect Sean’s privacy and not post what I know.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Later.....Some people take forums to seriously and he was one of them, a know it all and opinionated. ......Take the site for what it is, just don't make it your life.....
This. I dont understand it either why people take the forums so seriously. To me they are place to come and go. Kinda like a bar but at the comfort of your home. Hang out, socialize, share information.
If its something else, I'm wondering if there is a secret new club these guys are going to.

JD D05

Reaction score
This. I dont understand it either why people take the forums so seriously. To me they are place to come and go. Kinda like a bar but at the comfort of your home. Hang out, socialize, share information.
If its something else, I'm wondering if there is a secret new club these guys are going to.

I have been there....everyone takes turns sucking shintoooo toes. Super weird....he just grins with his eyes closed and flips his hair around.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well fuck...just read all this.
@JD Dearden , now you scare the hell out of me...shintoo toes?! Damn...
Sean split, and I had to go to the midwest group to find out...F'r...
Hope all is well. Safe travels...hammer down, be the road or water rough or smooth...life's a trip we take.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.