WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Goodmorning..... and goodbye LA County

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
My son packed up from Walnut Creek California and moved to Fargo nd and is enjoying every minute of that part of the country congrats on the move

hallett21

Reaction score
Is Ventura any better?
Daughter (8yo) told my wife, she wants to move to Havasu, because everything is closed in CA.

Overall attitude in Ventura county is better I’d say. Still good and bad areas just like everywhere else lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
I applaud anyone who has the stones to pick up and leave that commie shit hole. While I was born in LA county/Torrance, I haven't been a resident since 1987.

Cheers!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Leaving LA County for Ventura County is like Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption) crawling through the sewer pipe...

ending up in the prison yard

Congrats on almost escaping!

“Andy crawled to freedom through 500 yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine.”
31.jpg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Go where you can still carry and buy guns and ammo

SCHIADA 21 RC

Reaction score
Is Ventura any better?
Daughter (8yo) told my wife, she wants to move to Havasu, because everything is closed in CA.
I live in Ventura County and it’s no better.

Everything is over taxed, over regulated and as dicked up as the rest of the PRC.

The only real relief is to get out of this horribly run state.

There I said it!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Congrats on the move!
You don't have total freedom, but at least you got paroled ;)

grumpy88

Reaction score
I thought you already moved . Congratulations !

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My son packed up from Walnut Creek California and moved to Fargo nd and is enjoying every minute of that part of the country congrats on the move
Walnut Creek. Birthplace of my favorite pitcher. The Big Unit. 😁

Rondog4405

Reaction score
And.... jesus christ u posted this yesterday!!.. updstes...?

renodaytona

Reaction score
Gardnerville is definitely a nice spot. Lots of land to build on, some nice semi custom homes out there as well.

Taboma

Reaction score

I'm so sorry, but I hear they're giving you several hundred acres, a 5,000 SF home, 6 figure jobs, free gas and all you can eat for 10 years, just so somebody will still live there. , so I get the incentive attraction. I'm sure he can winter 🥶 with you in Havasu and you can summer 🥵 with him, perfect. 👍 ;) 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
Gardnerville is definitely a nice spot. Lots of land to build on, some nice semi custom homes out there as well.

A neighbor's buddy lives in Genoa NV, up behind GV and Minden, off the beat and path a bit more. Real estate is not cheap by any means, but a lot of nice newer homes and it seems an older (I"m retired) demographic, maybe fewer tweakers ? Weather seems warm in the summer, but dry, so real feel seems reasonable.
Any thoughts from the more familiar, I've never been to GV, Minden or Genoa, only through Carson City heading up to Tahoe.
How's the wildfire situation up there ?

lbhsbz

Reaction score

SoCalDave

Reaction score
The wife’s parents moved there about 15 years ago...they love it. If I can get back on the work from home program...that area is certainly in the cards.
One of my co-managers bought a new semi custom built home up there a couple of years ago and recently sold his place in Chino a retired/moved up there.
Beautiful area.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For what's its worth, I drove through Gardnerville, NV, two weeks ago. Nice place on the backside of Tahoe. Close to two fishing lakes. Minden is a good spot too. https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/nevada/gardnerville
A neighbor's buddy lives in Genoa NV, up behind GV and Minden, off the beat and path a bit more. Real estate is not cheap by any means, but a lot of nice newer homes and it seems an older (I"m retired) demographic, maybe fewer tweakers ? Weather seems warm in the summer, but dry, so real feel seems reasonable.
Any thoughts from the more familiar, I've never been to GV, Minden or Genoa, only through Carson City heading up to Tahoe.
How's the wildfire situation up there ?
The wife’s parents moved there about 15 years ago...they love it. If I can get back on the work from home program...that area is certainly in the cards.
We had good family friends move to Minden from Burbank about 20ish years ago. Back when I believe most of the roads were still dirt. We went to visit them and their huge property there. My dad was seriously considering moving us there but at that time there wasn't much for work around there. I think he regrets that decision since it is such a gorgeous area.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wzuber

Reaction score
I seem to recall @beaverretriever mentioning those areas a while back. He just moved from tahoe to Vegas recently. Maybe he will chime in here and give all the rundown.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Leaving LA County for Ventura County is like Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption) crawling through the sewer pipe...

ending up in the prison yard

Congrats on almost escaping!

“Andy crawled to freedom through 500 yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine.”
31.jpg
Do you even boat bro....

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Oh shit, forgot about that
I’ll drive by and take a pic when I’m in the old hood again. They’ve been cutting it apart in the back yard, but once they reached the motor I think they realized it’s hard to cut thru iron lol. Fucking crazy ass people lol

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Well, we’re here! Thousand Oaks, CA

Damn nice neighborhood. Got some updating to do with the inside and outside of the house, I’ll save that for another thread. For now.....we’re gonna unpack and enjoy the pool!

We’re super stoked, great area. We like California :cool: Maybe we’re doing something wrong, I don’t feel like life sucks and I’m trapped in a glass cube of communism? Turn off the news and make your own experience....your results may vary.

It’s expensive, so are boats and good pussy 👍

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
A friend just got a great deal on a u haul truck . She moved to Oregon, but said she and her Son could bring the original truck back plus another , they almost paid her !

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
1000 Oaks,excellent city in all respects.City Hall staff old school,especially Public Works.Every tree in 1000 Oaks numbered.My brother-in-law numbered them and the entire irrigation system.DO NOT CUT DOWN A TREE without talking City Hall.You made a good choice Moving 1000 Oaks or Newbury Park.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score

Damn nice neighborhood. Got some updating to do with the inside and outside of the house, I’ll save that for another thread. For now.....we’re gonna unpack and enjoy the pool!

We’re super stoked, great area. We like California :cool: Maybe we’re doing something wrong, I don’t feel like life sucks and I’m trapped in a glass cube of communism? Turn off the news and make your own experience....your results may vary.

Thousand Oaks, Home of Bandits BBQ.

Meaney77

Reaction score

Well Said!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Didn’t know there was an original? We love bandits

The OG location is a few feet away, it used to be where El Polo Loco is now. They used to have the hottest waitresses, coldest schooners and the best hot wings! It was a hole in the wall compared to what it is today.

0F798A2F-C885-477E-9198-96C79F948C41.jpeg