WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Google Chromecast

Halvecto

Reaction score
Mounted a new TV on a conference room wall at the office. Installed & connected a Google Chromecast device, which is my second one. They are a simple HDMI plug-in to allow the TV to be used as screen for your laptop, Surface, tablet, smartphone, etc.

While it does have a nice screen-saver feature. I am curious if anyone has a unique way they are using the Chromecast besides just "casting" a screen or tab to it from Google Chrome browser.

Attachments

• IMAG0905[1].jpg
    IMAG0905[1].jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The possibilities of what you can do with Chromecast are pretty endless. I have several clients using Chromecast and Apple TV for tons of different purposes but the most common is using it on conference room TV’s which eliminates the need for projectors. You can also use them to promote business specific content by streaming commercials or anything else business related in high traffic areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Halvecto

Reaction score
The possibilities of what you can do with Chromecast are pretty endless. I have several clients using Chromecast and Apple TV for tons of different purposes but the most common is using it on conference room TV’s which eliminates the need for projectors. You can also use them to promote business specific content by streaming commercials or anything else business related in high traffic areas.

Can the streaming run directly from the device or is it still being sent via a computer device? I don't have a specific use for streaming ads, but I am curious about running app directly through the Chromecast.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Can the streaming run directly from the device or is it still being sent via a computer device? I don't have a specific use for streaming ads, but I am curious about running app directly through the Chromecast.

The Chromecast device requires another device to stream to it. The streaming device can be a phone or a computer.

If you’re looking for a stand-alone device with Chromecast functionality but you want to run an application on the device that broadcasts something Apple TV or an Android box that allows WiFi streaming would be a better option.

Halvecto

Reaction score