WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Google Maps....hitting too close

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I dont know why, but I wandered too far into google maps tonight at my desk, I was of course looking at the River, and Havasu and surrounding areas...but then typed in my old home address, and ended up looking at my childhood home... it was really cool, especially with the street view, but also eerie, and really made me homesick, and teared up quite a bit with the memories. and kind of funny, the guy who owns the home has an outboard motor for a mailbox, and a large Scarab with twins on it parked in the front yard I used to mow every other weekend, on the house my pops built....
anyone else do this? and if ya wanna check it out, the address: 1327 Maleko St. Kailua, Hawaii :thumbsup

Tank

Reaction score
Damn man, that's a pretty sweet house and nice neighborhood! Cool Scab the new owner has too.

Why'd you leave the island?

Here's our place in Kona...Fronts been remodeled though.

75-6124 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I was born n raised and wanted to pursue a career in racing motocross/supercross....but it didn't work out, I held the #1 plate for a few years in HI....thought I was fast til i reached Cali...Lol, but found a good home away from home, and easy to travel here, so i stayed. got a real job and had a family. then found the River/Havasu and now i'm stoked, and maybe one day retire and die in Hawaii. :thumbsup
the address you gave shows a condo? is that yours? if so that is sweet! nice place!

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
HI will always be home, I will never get it out of my system, or my heart. but jobs, and other things keep me from living back home. one day ill be back!

Tank

Reaction score
I was born n raised and wanted to pursue a career in racing motocross/supercross....but it didn't work out, I held the #1 plate for a few years in HI....thought I was fast til i reached Cali...Lol, but found a good home away from home, and easy to travel here, so i stayed. got a real job and had a family. then found the River/Havasu and now i'm stoked, and maybe one day retire and die in Hawaii. :thumbsup
the address you gave shows a condo? is that yours? if so that is sweet! nice place!

That's cool:thumbsup You still go back much?

And yea, it's a condo complex built in the 60's with 14 units. My family has owned various units in there since 67. Basically grew up there when I was a kid. We head over every couple years. Freakin flights are crazy now though. I miss the days you could get a round trip direct for $350. With flying 4 over the 800-1000 ticket prices now kinda sting.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
That's cool:thumbsup You still go back much?

And yea, it's a condo complex built in the 60's with 14 units. My family has owned various units in there since 67. Basically grew up there when I was a kid. We head over every couple years. Freakin flights are crazy now though. I miss the days you could get a round trip direct for $350. With flying 4 over the 800-1000 ticket prices now kinda sting.

Nice! cant beat that man, and yea the flights are a bust for sure. my ex-FIL is a Captain for Hawaiian air, but only for 3 more months then he is retired, so the family vouchers go away lol....I may run over in July if time permits

Tank

Reaction score
Nice! cant beat that man, and yea the flights are a bust for sure. my ex-FIL is a Captain for Hawaiian air, but only for 3 more months then he is retired, so the family vouchers go away lol....I may run over in July if time permits

Right on. My uncle was chief pilot for American eagle. He still gets the free ride but the family plan is long gone:grumble: I remember you used to be able to get island hoppers for $25 (Kamaaina rate:thumbsup).

We may go over for a couple weeks the end of Oct.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I dont know why, but I wandered too far into google maps tonight at my desk, I was of course looking at the River, and Havasu and surrounding areas...but then typed in my old home address, and ended up looking at my childhood home... it was really cool, especially with the street view, but also eerie, and really made me homesick, and teared up quite a bit with the memories. and kind of funny, the guy who owns the home has an outboard motor for a mailbox, and a large Scarab with twins on it parked in the front yard I used to mow every other weekend, on the house my pops built....
anyone else do this? and if ya wanna check it out, the address: 1327 Maleko St. Kailua, Hawaii :thumbsup

Wild!

I live about 5 miles from there. I'm on Nanialii St off Keolu Dr.

boatnam2

Reaction score
The race track on the north shore is bad ass, usally go up for a few hours everytime were there to see how the local bra's are roosting, meet the owner of track last time he told me to bring riding gear he has a bike i can ride.

boatnam2

Reaction score
What years did you race when you first came to cali?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
HI will always be home, I will never get it out of my system, or my heart. but jobs, and other things keep me from living back home. one day ill be back!

44-2101-44-2103 Kalopa Rd.Honokaa Hi, Old Ranch House my Great grandfather Built in the early 1900's still in the family. We try to get back at least once a year to the Big Island or Kauai.

desrtrat256

Reaction score

I asked in another thread how you went from HI to Escondido, I guess now I know. The Socal Moto scene is crazy. The best of the best are there. It was awesome having Ocotillo an hour away and glamis 2 hours. I grew up in Escondido. 30 years and it was time to go so I moved to Havasu 6 months ago. Man that town has changed a lot. I remember jumping my back gate to go to school at orange glen elementary, riding my bike around the neighborhood and playing hide and seek in the avocado groves. Now people haul ass down my parents street, and the neighborhood is pretty rough compared to what it was. Still lots of good memories in that town.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I used to call Everetts Road (cross with Tinker), Waimanalo home for several years....looking at Google maps now, it is MUCH different! No more Nike missile sights, no old barn garage, no upkeep!

BingerFang

Reaction score
I was going to call BS on this thread until you posted the address and shoved it right back in my face!

Awesome mailbox, btw.

I grew up racing motocross out in Cali as well. I was fast, but never fast enough! Still enjoy desert racing with my friends all winter long though!

cheezpanel

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I lived in Pacific Palisades (about 20 something miles from your old place) for a number of years when I was a kid.

Tank

Reaction score
Love google maps and after this thread I went and checked out the house I grew up in. There was a fire there a year or so ago. Don't know if they rebuilt yet

18954 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265

Advantage 1

Reaction score
One of their cars were rolling around O'side last summer. It took a few months for them to post up the image, but they caught me at a stop light by my house. Me in the Honda :rolleyes

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 41

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
The race track on the north shore is bad ass, usally go up for a few hours everytime were there to see how the local bra's are roosting, meet the owner of track last time he told me to bring riding gear he has a bike i can ride.

My Dad was the President of Hawaii Motorsports Association for about 6 years, in the early 80's, he brought the racing scene back from the dead, and made HMA what it is today. that track was my life for about 10 years, and I was proud to be the fastest MXer in HI for 2 of them...I miss those days!

boatnam2

Reaction score
My Dad was the President of Hawaii Motorsports Association for about 6 years, in the early 80's, he brought the racing scene back from the dead, and made HMA what it is today. that track was my life for about 10 years, and I was proud to be the fastest MXer in HI for 2 of them...I miss those days!

A slice of ted's pie and a warm coffee make for a nice little morning at Kahuku watching moto.

boatnam2

Reaction score

Whats tracks did you race here, just a scrub but hit all the so cal tracks 76 to 85ish before work became a way of life and my pops wasn't paying anymore lol.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Whats tracks did you race here, just a scrub but hit all the so cal tracks 76 to 85ish before work became a way of life and my pops wasn't paying anymore lol.

Every one that I could... Carlsbad, Barona, Perris, LACR, Sunrise Cycle park in Adelanto, some up North stuff, Sand Hill ranch, Roseville, and got to do some Friday night TT's at Ascott park (and got my ass handed to me), Glen Helen, and also raced the world mini in Vegas, and also a small supercross series in Yuma AZ, and also raced the Mexican supercross series in 1991 in Tijuana/Rosarito/Ensendada, and won the 250cc championship that year lol!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Nice, Denmark huh? that's freaking cool Shintooo......what brought you to Denmark?

My parents fled from Iran while they had a chance back in 1986 and through a lot of adventures (Turkey, Bulgaria etc...) we got to Denmark. We lived in a refugee camp for a year and then we were blessed enough that the government provided us a house to live in. Forever grateful to Denmark. I'll tell you the whole thing over beers one night at the lake.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I had a buddy who did pretty good in the pro class at ascot and indian dunes, his name was tim shelton, we lived down the street from ascot so we raced there every week, wed night ascot, thursday night irwindale, friday night indian dunes and saturday saddleback, Lacr every once in awhile even honda haven on terminal island on sunday.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
My parents fled from Iran while they had a chance back in 1986 and through a lot of adventures (Turkey, Bulgaria etc...) we got to Denmark. We lived in a refugee camp for a year and then we were blessed enough that the government provided us a house to live in. Forever grateful to Denmark. I'll tell you the whole thing over beers one night at the lake.

Thats cool, I would definitley like to hear about that, oh....and drink beers...:D

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I had a buddy who did pretty good in the pro class at ascot and indian dunes, his name was tim shelton, we lived down the street from ascot so we raced there every week, wed night ascot, thursday night irwindale, friday night indian dunes and saturday saddleback, Lacr every once in awhile even honda haven on terminal island on sunday.

Tim's name rings a bell, I studied under a Cali transplant from up north Named Phil Oveland, he was the 82-84' CZ world champion when they raced that crazy vintage championship back in the day lol! I miss racing all the time ! Phil is still transplanted in HI, he co-own Pahoa Ranch Kawasaki on the Big Island

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I did my weekend mx racing at carlsbad...back when we had 3 or 4 inches of suspension[emoji4]
Also did our drag racing there fri and sat nites[emoji106] [emoji3]

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I did my weekend mx racing at carlsbad...back when we had 3 or 4 inches of suspension[emoji4]
Also did our drag racing there fri and sat nites[emoji106] [emoji3]

Back when men were men, and bikes were heavy! :thumbsup