WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got a Cole Hydro, Need info Please

Baker Jet

Reaction score
I finally got my hydro, an 80 Cole:champagne::champagne::champagne:

cole1.jpg

cole2.jpg

cole3.jpg

Now I need to get it set up. It was rigged with a blower motor from what I understand. If anyone knows this boat and what it had in it last I would love to know. It was run about 5 or 6 years ago in the NJBA it was BGF 800.

I am going with a N/A motor around 900 HP or so. What gears and what prop would be a good starting point. What times and speeds can I expect? Another thing to consider is my 6'8", 270 pound ass will be driving.
Any and all help is welcome and appreciated. Thanks, Alan

MOUZER

Reaction score
nice find..........:thumbsup

Baker Jet

Reaction score
I know I am new and as per the rules I posted a pic of my boat and wife.
My wife is in the background dressed in blue with a good shot of one of her headlights. :boobeyes:
I know she is kind of plain but she does put up with a lot of abuse and makes me a good living. She has an uncanny way of telling when I want to spend money on my girlfriend, the Cole, and always seem to take that money from me somehow. Tires, oil changes etc.
Well I finally put my foot down and explained this boat is being built even if I have to trade her in for a different wife.:eek::eek:

Now, I want to set this up to run ME while I get use to it and learn the ins and outs of drag boat racing. I am putting together a 528 Ford, ( that ought to get some responses), It's going to be an N/A running on E-85.
Scat 4.3 4340 crank
6.8 4340 H beam rods with L19 bolts
Diamond flatops for the Kaase P51 heads that have been ported and a Victor 460 matched to the heads with a turtle installed.
A custom cam by Chris Straub
All stuffed in a Dove A block with splay bolt milodon mains on 2,3,4 mains.
Lube is by a Kaase oil pump.
I still need a carb and pan.
I have a 1050 Dommy that I can use or I will look for an 1150 or 1250.

It has 1.18? gears but I am not sure of the prop size.

So what do I need to do to get this where I want it.

Last edited: