WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got a question for me? Shoot! Or suggestions?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@JUSTWANNARACE

611E7C7A-DC41-455D-90F4-75D59C79E20D.gif

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Worst member that has ever been on here and you can’t say grads lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How many, "WTF?" moments has running this board brought you? Not the daily shaking of the head but the kind that have you considered nuking the whole thing as you grew the site into what it is today?

Nuke the forum and community?

None..

I don’t need to explain to you what the community means to me, and what it means to others both socially and economically.

RDP is like one of my kids! And I love it both when it’s good and when it’s bad. Lol

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Foxes, haven't had one that compares
No doubt, for a classic strong pour, plastic cups get the job done, let's get this day started; they are hard to beat. Yet with so many variations on the theme, one must simply not consider the mixology of this nectar but must consider the presentation. With so many opportunities for contrast and comparison, how could we not engage in a test of quality when considering the Best of?

Icky

Reaction score
No doubt, for a classic strong pour, plastic cups get the job done, let's get this day started; they are hard to beat. Yet with so many variations on the theme, one must simply not consider the mixology of this nectar but must consider the presentation. With so many opportunities for contrast and comparison, how could we not engage in a test of quality when considering the Best of?
This sounds like it going to require alot of testing 🤔

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If he'd be up for it, an interview with Gary Smith and the history of his Predators could be really good Stuff.

It's been very good watching mostly positive steps as your site has grown. Stacy's venture into real estate has been totally off the hook. We first met Stacy when she assisted us with boat insurance many years ago.

It's grown into more than just a boating website. The general LHC info is good. Continue providing it, when it pops up. . . Robinson's Automotive, Tire Man, Mi Tierra etc etc.

Last edited:

wash11

Reaction score
Nuke the forum and community?

None..

I don’t need to explain to you what the community means to me, and what it means to others both socially and economically.

RDP is like one of my kids! And I love it both when it’s good and when it’s bad. Lol
Pretty much the response I expected. Honestly, you're the only reason this site survived Facebook when so many others dropped off the face of the earth. You have zero quit in you which is admirable. I'm the last guy to give up usually (not always a good thing) but there's been times I've been on the sidelines watching the drama thinking to myself, "Dave's a fuckin' oak".

MagicMan

Reaction score
How often do you get out on the lake being a full time resident? What time of the year do you enjoy boating the most? When I lived close to the beach it got to the point where I visited maybe 5 times a year.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
more small boats!. as some recall from the dream boat thread, I believe my largest was a 28 footer and one of my dream boats was my current 247. i am a fresh water boater through and through. i tried the cruiser thing and it just never stuck. MORE SMALL BOATS!!! especially interested in anything that has the new Ilmor surface drive :)

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We will be back on October 1st. Islander gave us the boot with the rest of the snowbirds on April 1st to make room for Californians. We put in for an exemption to stay until May, since we are not on social security, suck at pickleball, and don't like Fireball. Sorry, we never connected, next season I'm sure we will.

Disclaimer: No Californians were harmed in the drafting of this post, nor did the author intend to offend, harm, defame or otherwise damage the reputation of those who reside in or claim the state as their home. - Sportin'Wood formerly Californian. :cool:

Additional appendix disclaimer concerning Snowbirds, Sportin'Wood identifies as a Snowbird Apprentice but does really suck at PickleBall.

You coulda Parked it in my building or on the side of my house.. lol

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Jist got home from
Picking up kid at soccer..

In the meantime michael wants to know when we are going to shoot more boats and less bullshit. Lol View attachment 1111074

He will make ya famous!
I have a buddy in have with a badass Cole he wants you to shoot, he's also an extremely talented gel coater too. Hes in havasu too.
IMG_3362.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It seems whenever a new build it going, you here how great and reliable a power package is. After some one has an issue with their new ride it seems the list is long of others that have had similar issues or other consistent problems. It seems Mercury’s package issue are difficult to get access to unless you are in the know. Every thread on 700’s always seem like a reliable package, then you get on here and read how so many moved to outboard being their opinion is different. It would be nice to have a known issue section.

This actually would have to be member generated content.

If they want I could setup a spreadsheet or a forum for this for people to report problems!

(Great idea by the way)

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
That's a lot of forum for so few of people.

Honestly, this is a very self moderated forum for the most part. It helps that a lot of members actually know each other here personally or have met at one time or another. It brings a whole other level of respect towards the community and members.

There are some instances where we have to “moderate”, but those are few and far in between. That’s what makes this site great and different than a lot of other forums. It’s the members that make this place great.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Honestly, this is a very self moderated forum for the most part. It helps that a lot of members actually know each other here personally or have met at one time or another. It brings a whole other level of respect towards the community and members.

There are some instances where we have to “moderate”, but those are few and far in between. That’s what makes this site great and different than a lot of other forums. It’s the members that make this place great.
We’re good posters….

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
#1 Tell us the story about guns in your face and bullets wizzing past your head and how you got into such a situation.

#2 You said that back in your younger days that you were making lots of money, " deep into the six figures" what did you spend all this money on?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
1. Like @Shlbyntro stated...more small boat features. There are a lot of small rigs with a ton of details etc on them that never really get seen.
2. Local Business/Sponsor features..Several of the advertisers here have interesting/good stories about how they got where they are and why..I think it would be a cool perspective to have people see... Maybe the same for some members... I know @nganga is someone who's interview I would watch especially about his hunting/biking/business skills etc. Maybe I'm alone in this but stuff like that interests me.
3. more low key events like the channel deal the other night...as extroverted as I tend to be around most people...big crowds are not my thing which is why I skip certain deals. The get together last week was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
Can we have a live real time chat box?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Best real life fight over shit that that was posted here?

Ever been to court as a witness over online pissing matches?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How often do you get out on the lake being a full time resident? What time of the year do you enjoy boating the most? When I lived close to the beach it got to the point where I visited maybe 5 times a year.

So weirdly we fell into the same trap everyone does..

When you drive to the river you are on a boat the whole time. When you live here, it’s right down the street and it will be there tomorrow.

It’s kinda sad but true, I boat less now that we live here than when I lived in California.

That said there is other factors. We bbq with friends all the time or goto bbq’s. I have three kids now where I didn’t have any before (moved here with one infant)

The biggest thing to that is a lot of guys do biz out here and they go on river time / island time. We have lived here 11 years, we work twice as hard now as when we did when I was in California. And we hustled in California.

This isn’t an 8-5.. shit the time I spent offline talking to michael tonight to step away from the forum.. all we did was discuss YouTube growth, social media growth..

Got our east coast correspondent setup to upload articles to the front page directly without dealing with others

First article direct

Evaluated a ton of other shit.. but basically it’s all sticks forward. That was my time off from the forums.. lol. For the last two to three hours.

A lot of people say I don’t work. I’d invite them to come spend a Week with me and see if they can keep up.

I love this shit.. sometimes it burns ya out when people suck. But for the most part? It’s the second greatest job in the world! And I look forward to it everyday…. And not for the money, but because I truly love it.

RD