WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got a question for me? Shoot! Or suggestions?

havasujeeper

Reaction score
On a different note, have you considered breaking down the MRE's into something less than a pallet, for those of us who don't have a spare warehouse and forklift to store it?

94essex

Reaction score
I'd be interested in reading the night article as well

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On a different note, have you considered breaking down the MRE's into something less than a pallet, for those of us who don't have a spare warehouse and forklift to store it?

What did you have in mind?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Variety pack of 100 meals

Well there's six different varieties, so it'd have to be a different number than 100.. It would be in the 3.00 range per meal at that point.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Well there's six different varieties, so it'd have to be a different number than 100.. It would be in the 3.00 range per meal at that point.

Packs of 120 then :)
I would only go this route if the rate of pallet sales slows down and you need to bump up sales

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can I get in the gun forum please

You have to take a picture of your gun safe open with a note in it that says "RD SUX" and your screen name on the note. Text to my cell phone 949-678-8369

Upon receipt I will activate the account. I will delete the text after it is done.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Packs of 120 then :)
I would only go this route if the rate of pallet sales slows down and you need to bump up sales

My only problem is the pricing.. Right now I got a Pallet at 1,000 which is 48 cases. 1/3 of a pallet at 500 which is 16 cases. At 3.00 per you are looking at 360.00 for 10 cases.. At that point who wouldn't just pay the extra 140 and get the 16?

RD

Riverryder

Reaction score
i saw a grads thread then now it’s gone as I opened it what happened is he okay??

Reactions: DWC

Riverryder

Reaction score
Saw that too. Guessing the “good times” post by the new member set off some alarms. 😬
haha Idk the guy. But I really enjoy seeing everyone get so upset about him. And I know the big man does too because he let him back for the day.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
My only problem is the pricing.. Right now I got a Pallet at 1,000 which is 48 cases. 1/3 of a pallet at 500 which is 16 cases. At 3.00 per you are looking at 360.00 for 10 cases.. At that point who wouldn't just pay the extra 140 and get the 16?

RD
@Singleton I'd split a 1/3 with you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can you do a Wet T-shirt Contest that will Rival those of the 90's Road Runner Fame (.)(.)

We are a problem solver..

Wet t shirt contest coming to you direct July 9th

0D6AD8B0-6D3F-4D8D-B1FF-BAC534472A36.png

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't read thru all this. Why are the pictures still fucked up in the browser. You have to click on them to see high def.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't read thru all this. Why are the pictures still fucked up in the browser. You have to click on them to see high def.

If people would click “insert as” then click full image it would be a full size image

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Couldn’t you just set the program to automatically make the pictures full size? I’m just not sure why it’s an option. Not complaining just wondered why, OK well I guess I am complaining.😊

What he said.
It's quite bothersome, and
I can't be bothered.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Couldn’t you just set the program to automatically make the pictures full size? I’m just not sure why it’s an option. Not complaining just wondered why, OK well I guess I am complaining.😊

I will ask again…. 👀

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
No doubt, for a classic strong pour, plastic cups get the job done, let's get this day started; they are hard to beat. Yet with so many variations on the theme, one must simply not consider the mixology of this nectar but must consider the presentation. With so many opportunities for contrast and comparison, how could we not engage in a test of quality when considering the Best of?
Your quite the word Smith, love it.

I'm a Bloody hound myself, tge old Sandpoint bar had a killer one. Most recent favorite is from the Boathouse, holy ball sack its a meal.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Your quite the word Smith, love it.

I'm a Bloody hound myself, tge old Sandpoint bar had a killer one. Most recent favorite is from the Boathouse, holy ball sack its a meal.
Thanks for the compliment, I've seen that Boathouse masterpiece, but I have not set aside the better part of a day to consume that and the accompanying refill.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
#1 Tell us the story about guns in your face and bullets wizzing past your head and how you got into such a situation.

#2 You said that back in your younger days that you were making lots of money, " deep into the six figures" what did you spend all this money on?

#2 I literally spent all of it on gambling and partying.. LOL.

#1 My favorite story that involves having a gun pulled.. I was down at College Billiards in San Diego and I was having a good time gambling with another guy I used to play with... My buddy had this guy on tilt, total "nose open" situation.. Meaning they started gambling and this guy just couldn't let it go. He kept betting and losing, and betting and losing. My friend is a super nice guy so he was buying the guy beers etc.. paid all the table time when they were done. Anyhow the guy leaves, we hang out until pretty late and it's time to go home.

We walk out in the parking lot and this guy walks up with a gun pulled and says "Give me all your money and your cues." So I take my cues off my shoulder to set them on the ground and the guy calmly says "Not you... Just him".

Only time I ever laughed out loud when someone had a gun pulled in my general direction. LOL.

Worst story was at Escondido Billiards.. There was this white trash looking dude from Ramona in there.. I was gambling with him, but we were playing real cheap (5.00 sets). Anyhow there was a couple of big dudes in there that were pretty white trash, but they didn't look like the kinda guys you'd want to fuck around with.. Anyhow my guy walks into the bathroom.. After a few minutes I had to go so I walked into the bathroom. One of those big guys had the little white trash guy by the back of the neck and was smashing his face into the urinal toilet valve.. It literally looked like a murder scene. This was fucked.. I had a couple of friends with me so I yelled to them to get in here quick, and we managed to get him off of him and pushed out of the bathroom.

Now his buddies are aware of what's going on so they come over, and the whole pool hall (which was packed) kinda just pushed them out of the front door.

The little guy is fucked.. I mean you can barely see his face with all the blood and tissue etc... I'm genuinely wondering if this guy is gonna live. Pool hall calls the ambulance etc.. and everyone kinda goes back to doing what they are doing and there's a couple guys sitting outside with him waiting for the pool hall.

Big dudes come back and the couple guys outside are overrun pretty quick.. They grab that guy and proceed to beat the fuck out of him even more.. The whole pool hall runs outside, and separates them again and now everyone is screaming at these guys that they need to get the fuck on cause the cops are on the way etc.. They leave in their car..

This little white trash guy is uber fucked now.. I was wondering if he was gonna live earlier, now I'm betting against it. The ambulance shows up, and takes the guy away. Cops never came..

Now ya gotta picture the scene here.. It's a pool hall there's probably 60-100 people in there.. Big full bar.. People smoking out front.
Myself and a buddy are playing kinda over by the bar, and we are talking about what happened with another guy.. He's from Ramona and said it had something to do with drug drama down there and the scrawny guy... fuck I don't even remember now, because just past that point a window more or less exploded.. It takes a second "WTF?" and all of a sudden you start hearing the "bang bang bang"

The next window explodes, and both me and my Buddy dive over the bar like Starsky and Hutch.. We are both kinda crouched behind the bar and these guys are lighting the place up.. One of the Bottles up on the shelf explodes behind my head, and I look to my left and there's other people behind the bar now.. I felt something cold on my right and I see my buddies hand in the cooler and he's grabbing beers and rolled one over to me.. LOL

No one got shot.. They just blew the windows out of the place and kinda lit up the bar a bit.. I didn't go back to Escondido Billiards for years after that.

RD

78Southwind

Reaction score
How did you like working on "Rock the Boat"? Were you really late with the Billet? lol

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How did you like working on "Rock the Boat"? We're you really late with the Billet? lol

All manufactured drama.. hated it and there’s a reason we only did the one boat. Lol

We had a deadline to complete all the billet anodized etc. We were ahead of schedule and I get this phone call “hey we only have one more day!”

I’m like wtf you said it was next week? Then it all starts.. and I’m calm and said it was next week but no problem.. then they call back trying to get me to act more mad etc.. uh no.. lol

I love Jon West and he’s a good friend of mine.. at one point he was calling and yelling…. And I wasn’t really responding to it. I calmly told him “so there’s a bunch of cameras and microphones around your desk right now.. you should get up and walk outside because we are gonna talk.”

I Told him that people don’t really talk to me like that.. and if there was anymore I would show up pop the trunk show them all the parts close the trunk and drive home. Lol.

There was no possible way they would be able to get any of the parts that fast so the entire show woulda got out on hold..

I ended up staying in my truck at the annodizer all night to get them the parts on their accelerated timeline. I was not impressed

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
You have to take a picture of your gun safe open with a note in it that says "RD SUX" and your screen name on the note. Text to my cell phone 949-678-8369

Upon receipt I will activate the account. I will delete the text after it is done.

RD
LMAO

78Southwind

Reaction score
All manufactured drama.. hated it and there’s a reason we only did the one boat. Lol

We had a deadline to complete all the billet anodized etc. We were ahead of schedule and I get this phone call “hey we only have one more day!”

I’m like wtf you said it was next week? Then it all starts.. and I’m calm and said it was next week but no problem.. then they call back trying to get me to act more mad etc.. uh no.. lol

I love Jon West and he’s a good friend of mine.. at one point he was calling and yelling…. And I wasn’t really responding to it. I calmly told him “so there’s a bunch of cameras and microphones around your desk right now.. you should get up and walk outside because we are gonna talk.”

I Told him that people don’t really talk to me like that.. and if there was anymore I would show up pop the trunk show them all the parts close the trunk and drive home. Lol.

There was no possible way they would be able to get any of the parts that fast so the entire show woulda got out on hold..

I ended up staying in my truck at the annodizer all night to get them the parts on their accelerated timeline. I was not impressed

You would think there would be enough real drama in a boat building business without having to conjuring up a bunch of fake bullshit.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Can you actually delete my text? Isn’t the internet forever??

No, he can’t delete it, only remove it from his display, that’s it. It’s not erased ever.
Your device, cloud, and any transmission is at the mercy of those who monitor such things.
Snowden spelled it out a decade ago and we still don’t get it.
Ever wonder why you turn your phone on and all those texts and email alerts are there?
It’s because you can’t really turn it off. It’s always pinging and yelling “here I am!”

Lol why do you think batteries and cards are now internal?
And almost no plugs exist except for a charge cord…which the fbi just said is a direct link to hackers in public charging stations.
They say it’s for water proofing,..but I don’t know anyone who swims with their phones?
Wireless is everything for a reason.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
What happened to the guys thread about changing jobs, did he finally realize that the interweb could cause a problem on both ends of the decision?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What happened to the guys thread about changing jobs, did he finally realize that the interweb could cause a problem on both ends of the decision?

not sure I know what we are talking about. .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No, he can’t delete it, only remove it from his display, that’s it. It’s not erased ever.
Your device, cloud, and any transmission is at the mercy of those who monitor such things.
Snowden spelled it out a decade ago and we still don’t get it.
Ever wonder why you turn your phone on and all those texts and email alerts are there?
It’s because you can’t really turn it off. It’s always pinging and yelling “here I am!”

Lol why do you think batteries and cards are now internal?
And almost no plugs exist except for a charge cord…which the fbi just said is a direct link to hackers in public charging stations.
They say it’s for water proofing,..but I don’t know anyone who swims with their phones?
Wireless is everything for a reason.

I actually use my phone in the water sometimes.. I don't ever charge in a "public" charging station whatever that is?

TeamGreene

Reaction score
The guy that works utilities. Rants and raves about a new job versus a promotion at the old company. Last I saw it was like 140 posts? Sorry. I forget the name. RJ
More of a LAM thread than anything

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Do I dare ask….. how much money does this website bring in to you/company ?