WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got Brakes Again, Finally

shunter2005

Reaction score
Finally got my EOH conversion finished today. Got the last two new calipers installed and bled the system. Originally set out to convert from surge to EOH. However, many pitfalls along the way. Started with the Hydrastar EOH plug and play system. Easy enough, no hard wiring, should be a piece of cake. Oh no!!! Can't be that easy.

Started by fabricating a 6x6 aluminum box to hold all the excess wiring. Then found one of the old calipers seemed to be frozen. Pulled it off and found that there was no bolt holding the UFP caliper to the wheel. Removed and found water intrusion in the hub. Removed and found the bearings and races were pitted. Also found the UFP hub/rotor was a bad casting. More at another time.
TRAILER BEARING RACE.jpg
HUB DAMAGE 1.jpg

Decided to do all new bearings to be on the safe side. Found on 4 of 6 wheels, pitted bearings. Also, bought a new hub/rotor to replace the one above. Had other rotors turned and installed new pads all around.

With the new Hydrastar EOH system I needed to hide the excess wiring, so I fabbed up a 6x6 aluminum box to hide the excess. It worked out great and hides all the excess wires perfectly. Here are a few pics of the box. Once connected to my truck, the brakes seemed to work flawlessly. Didn't have time to take her for a spin, but will in the next week or so, when the weather gets better.

BOX 5.jpg
BOX 4.jpg
BOX 3.jpg
BOX 2.jpg
BOX 1.jpg