WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got me a new toy

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I bought a new orbital buffer to shine up the Excursion. Except I've never used one before so I decided to practice on my little beater work truck. I must say that 20 shades of red, sun faded, scratched and dented to hell, little Ranger shined up pretty damn good. So good that I felt like doing the hood on the Excursion before the sun went down. I still have to do the rest of the beast followed by a fine cut and wax. But Im pretty happy with the hood for only spending 20 minutes with it this evening.

20201004_182542.jpg
Resized_20200927_094208.jpeg
20201004_193713.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
I bought one from the Chemical Guys and used it in the Sanger I bought. Cut, polished and waxed it. The buffer made it easier, but not easy. I see why guys charge what they do for this.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I bought one from the Chemical Guys and used it in the Sanger I bought. Cut, polished and waxed it. The buffer made it easier, but not easy. I see why guys charge what they do for this.

Ya no kidding. I have a feeling my arms will be hurting a bunch in the next couple days

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Very useful tool. Mine has seen better days. Probably get a groits this time.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score

How much clear coat do you think you took off in this process.
Just wondering.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
How much clear coat do you think you took off in this process.
Just wondering.

Not too much I think. Only because there is a spot on the hood of the Ranger where the clear coat is burned through already. The hole size didn't change at all. I was also only using a med compound.

Surely there is a professional detailer or 2 on here that would care to weigh in?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I bought a new orbital buffer to shine up the Excursion. Except I've never used one before so I decided to practice on my little beater work truck. I must say that 20 shades of red, sun faded, scratched and dented to hell, little Ranger shined up pretty damn good. So good that I felt like doing the hood on the Excursion before the sun went down. I still have to do the rest of the beast followed by a fine cut and wax. But Im pretty happy with the hood for only spending 20 minutes with it this evening.

View attachment 929047 View attachment 929048 View attachment 929049

Great improvement!

Sorry but I have to ask, couldn't you have used this on your Mustang (as in "that'll buff out")? 😁

just couldn't resist

old rigger

Reaction score

View attachment 929047 View attachment 929048 View attachment 929049

What brand of buffer did you buy?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
What brand of buffer did you buy?

Just a cheapo HF Bauer brand. Ive had a sour taste in my mouth for name brand power tools since all my snap-on shit started acting up.

If I finish the Excursion before it gives out, its paid for itself in my eyes