WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got some NBC Dateline shit going down in our hood....

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'll give you the cliff notes and if want to read more details about it I'll leave a link.

Back in 1985 a lady in our area was violently murdered, stabbed 29 times and she was bitten by the perp. In 2005 after 20 years go by they finally charge someone for the murder, it's the lady's male roommate at the time. One of the main reasons is because the lady's 13 year old daughter said it was him. (she has since died as well) They find him guilty and he goes to jail. Fast forward to today. They run his DNA against the DNA in the bite mark and it doesn't match. Dude has always said he didn't do it...well after spending 15 years in jail as an innocent man, as of yesterday he's a free man.

But here's the clincher....They ran the DNA from the crime scene through the genealogy sites and it came back as a match to a guy I went to high school with.:eek: In 1985 he was 16 at the time and either a sophomore or junior at our school.:eek: From the few facts that have been released he was with the 13 year old daughter that night along with two other buddies from our school. Sounds like something went really wrong. Now we're all wondering who the other two guys are...we could have three classmates that were killers and we didn't even know it.

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
.... That is some pretty bizarre shit right there:eek:...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'll give you the cliff notes and if want to read more details about it I'll leave a link.

Back in 1985 a lady in our area was violently murdered, stabbed 39 times and she was bitten by the perp. In 2005 after 20 years go by they finally charge someone for the murder, it's the lady's male roommate at the time. One of the main reasons is because the lady's 13 year old daughter said it was him. (she has since died as well) They find him guilty and he goes to jail. Fast forward to today. They run his DNA against the DNA in the bite mark and it doesn't match. Dude has always said he didn't do it...well after spending 15 years in jail as an innocent man, as of yesterday he's a free man.

But here's the clincher....They ran the DNA from the crime scene through the genealogy sites and it came back as a match to a guy I went to high school with.:eek: In 1985 he was 16 at the time and either a sophomore or junior at our school.:eek: From the few facts that have been released he was with the 13 year old daughter that night along with two other buddies from our school. Sounds like something went really wrong. Now we're all wondering who the other two guys are...we could have three classmates that were killers and we didn't even know it.

Didn't you have another murderer live in your neighborhood that got arrested after being on the run for many years a couple years ago?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Didn't you have another murderer live in your neighborhood that got arrested after being on the run for many years a couple years ago?
Yup they used to grocery shop together lol

GRADS

Reaction score
Yup they used to grocery shop together lol
Yes, the Golden State Killer, he committed at least 13 murders, more than 50 rapes, and over 100 burglaries in California from 1974 to 1986.

We shopped at the same grocery store about the same time every day. We did not actually shop together.:)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sounds like a great place you have going on over there...

I was thinking the typical underage hookup deal. Wife's H.S. history teacher got picked up in one of those...and televised...don't believe he taught after that.

merc_400r

Reaction score
that means the daughter knew the whole time and was probably in on it or something as well.

GRADS

Reaction score
Yes and it's the same District Attorney in both cases. She's running a bunch of old DNA from cold cases through 23 and Me, Ancestry.com, etc and solving some really old cases. I guarantee there's going to be more cases like this in the hood.

GRADS

Reaction score
Dude. Yore neighborhood sux
The neighborhood is great and actually very low on crime....it just seems that it's where people that get away with murder come to live.😂 The guy that I went to high school with that was arrested this week lives less than a mile from my house.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The neighborhood is great and actually very low on crime....it just seems that it's where people that get away with murder come to live.😂 The guy that I went to high school with that was arrested this week lives less than a mile from my house.
So, what you're saying is, be careful of all new folks moving in.

Side note, what did the witness daughter die from? She wasn't old, so I wonder if self medicating did her in, or the wrong path started way back when.

oldschool

Reaction score
Yes, the Golden State Killer, he committed at least 13 murders, more than 50 rapes, and over 100 burglaries in California from 1974 to 1986.

We shopped at the same grocery store about the same time every day. We did not actually shop together.:)
That guy was here in Visalia for a while in the late 70’s /early 80’s, he was known as the “Ransacker”. Killed a College of the Sequoias instructor.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
This is a big story.
Just watched on KCRA news.
Saw references today, didn’t delve much until now. 😳

GRADS

Reaction score
Dude hasn't faired that well since high school....Here's his mug shot and a pic out my yearbook from 1985 when the murder took place.

EQsVeYTVUAEGq-d.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpg

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I saw that shit on the news. Didn’t think that was your bou

Remind me to stay away from yore friends

:eek:;)

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
sounds like it was one of those "oops" nights