WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Got WhatsApp?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I use it all the time. Works great for sending big files and pics, even if you are outa country and regardless of what brand of phone you (or the other person) may have!

But just like everyone else, they got hacked. Just their phone number data base though. What to do?

Turn on Two Step in the app settings and most peeps will be fine just doing that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There were several
Scams that came out of WhatsApp.. most the tech people I know say don’t use it at all

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There were several
Scams that came out of WhatsApp.. most the tech people I know say don’t use it at all

First off...

This is a database hack, not a scam.

But no doubt this particular hack, will for sure lead to various scams, now that people have a database of Verified phone numbers!

But really, what good does a phone number by it's self do? Hell some people have posted their personal phone numbers all over this board! 😁

Always best to have two step enabled no matter what program you're using. 👍🏼

USMC2010

Reaction score
My friend in Germany wanted me on what's app, I gave it a try, it's not for me.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
My wife and kids are all on Signal.

I loaded the app last week, it is supposed to allow bigger video transfers?

Works just like Android messenger from my end.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
It’s Owned by Facebook, I’ll never use it. They want to use it at work for group texting but I wont put it on my phone.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It’s Owned by Facebook, I’ll never use it. They want to use it at work for group texting but I wont put it on my phone.

Facebook doesn't really have much to do with it...

They tried to monetize it shortly after they bought it, but that didn't go over so well.

It's pretty much exactly how it was before they bought the whole deal.

My wife and kids are all on Signal.

I loaded the app last week, it is supposed to allow bigger video transfers?

Works just like Android messenger from my end.

Yes. You can send pretty much Any size file over it. Signal is a secure app too, but I've been on WhatsApp for ages, so no reason to switch.

Edit:. The android app doesn't play nicely with iPhone users. WhatsApp works perfectly no matter what devices it's used on.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Facebook doesn't really have much to do with it...

They tried to monetize it shortly after they bought it, but that didn't go over so well.

It's pretty much exactly how it was before they bought the whole deal.

Yes. You can send pretty much Any size file over it. Signal is a secure app too, but I've been on WhatsApp for ages, so no reason to switch.

Edit:. The android app doesn't play nicely with iPhone users. WhatsApp works perfectly no matter what devices it's used on.

What’s app is one of the best platforms to get hacked on..

Hence the “we don’t use it” comment earlier. Virtually every IT guy I know says stay far far away from it.

Was cool when it first started but now it’s a no go zone.. like chicks named Tiffany.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
My IT guys demanded that I remove it and replace it with Telegram for the reasons Dave mentioned.

Nordie

Reaction score
I use Telegram as well, never even knew about whatsapp. Telegram is nice because videos aren't all grainy from Android to Apple users. Seems like a good platform.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
The I phone slap happy side of my family wanted my mom to put it on her android when the all traveled to Ireland. She didn't and we all communicated just fine. It does seem that iphone video doesn't play nicely with android.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What’s app is one of the best platforms to get hacked on..

Hence the “we don’t use it” comment earlier. Virtually every IT guy I know says stay far far away from it.

Was cool when it first started but now it’s a no go zone.. like chicks named Tiffany.
My IT guys demanded that I remove it and replace it with Telegram for the reasons Dave mentioned.

All kidding aside...

This is complete bullshit. I've LOVE to hear an explanation on how this is even possible!

It's a fully end to end encrypted app. No one, not even Meta or Facefuck or what/who ever owns it can see what you send or receive. Signal has the same capacity as well, as does Telegram. But...

With Telegram you HAVE to use their "secret mode" to have true end to end encryption. Otherwise, your texts ARE STORED ON THEIR SERVERS. Those particular servers were already hacked once. Wanna see if they get hacked again? Are you using their "secret mode"? It's odd that they don't enable end to end by default. That never made any sense to me.

Facefuck got in trouble awhile back by trying to monetize WhatsApp, and the backlash they got was MASSIVE as you can image. Facefuck backed down with the exception of not using end to end if you message a business.

But don't believe me, you can read all about all three secure messaging apps here: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/is-whatsapp-safe-2-4199326

sintax

Reaction score
All kidding aside...

This is complete bullshit. I've LOVE to hear an explanation on how this is even possible!

It's a fully end to end encrypted app. No one, not even Meta or Facefuck or what/who ever owns it can see what you send or receive. Signal has the same capacity as well, as does Telegram. But...

With Telegram you HAVE to use their "secret mode" to have true end to end encryption. Otherwise, your texts ARE STORED ON THEIR SERVERS. Those particular servers were already hacked once. Wanna see if they get hacked again? Are you using their "secret mode"? It's odd that they don't enable end to end by default. That never made any sense to me.

Facefuck got in trouble awhile back by trying to monetize WhatsApp, and the backlash they got was MASSIVE as you can image. Facefuck backed down with the exception of not using end to end if you message a business.

But don't believe me, you can read all about all three secure messaging apps here: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/is-whatsapp-safe-2-4199326

haha end of the day if you really got shit to hide you shouldnt be using any of that kind of service.

theres way more secure methods to communicate if youre concerned about privacy.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What’s app is for guys with Androids that don’t have iMessage because their texts don’t work anywhere and no one can send them pics or videos. Hence the reason Joe uses it.

Get an iPhone, you won’t need all that bullshit

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What’s app is for guys with Androids that don’t have iMessage because their texts don’t work anywhere and no one can send them pics or videos. Hence the reason Joe uses it.

Get an iPhone, you won’t need all that bullshit

Clearly, you have become one with The Borg...

Enjoy your captivity! 👍🏼

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I use WhatsApp daily to communicate with techs around the world, have been for 10-15 years now. No problems to date (as far as I'm aware).

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
haha end of the day if you really got shit to hide you shouldnt be using any of that kind of service.

theres way more secure methods to communicate if youre concerned about privacy.

Right?

I like it cause it works awesome in cross platform applications. So easy to make voice or video calls to anyone with any kinna phone. I'm not all that worried about the encrypted side of the deal (even though it's never been hacked as far as I know) since I'm not doing anything nefarious!

Best to check with Ghislaine if you Really need That kinna security, although she MIght be tough to contact right now...

👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Go google. WhatsApp hacked

Funny, cause most of the hits are about the original post I made here! Again, the only thing they got was a list of phone numbers. Zero transmitted data has Ever been divulged. EVER.

If it had, It would be front page news Everywhere since we all know Everyone pretty much hates Faceframe!

As far as accounts getting hacked...

People have been told over and over and OVER again not to use easily guessed passwords!

Good password > V9$Bm^Q4a648.z5n7xX

Bad password > RDPSUX2021!

And even if you DO use a bad password, please protect yourself by enabling 2 step for every single log in you have. Anything less is just asking for YOUR account to get hacked.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i googled it and read some of the results and there seems to be a lot of things out there? I dunno to be honest I don’t care..

I was told not to use it.. I don’t see any benefit of using it unless I’m texting an Android for full res videos..

So I don’t really use it because I don’t talk to poor people? (Android users) Lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
i googled it and read some of the results and there seems to be a lot of things out there? I dunno to be honest I don’t care..

I was told not to use it.. I don’t see any benefit of using it unless I’m texting an Android for full res videos..

So I don’t really use it because I don’t talk to poor people? (Android users) Lol

Ok, that was funny! 😁

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I posted earlier my wife and kids use Signal, now I have the app too.

Edward Snowden uses Signal, he knows something about security!

Elon Musk uses Signal, and he ain't poor!

boatpi

Reaction score
It is huge is Asia, we use it often in business and meeting up. In Italy our drivers used to too, great way to communicate.

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I have in-laws that are the most paranoid people ever that everyone is watching and listening into their every conversation. Yet that use this app. When in Mexico or Italy etc. It just baffles me. If you use this why not just be on social media.

sintax

Reaction score
It is huge is Asia, we use it often in business and meeting up. In Italy our drovers used to too, great way to communicate.

Correct, This is the only reason I had it, and to be honest, it worked just fine for what I was using it for.

It was the only way to really communicate over there with the locals.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have in-laws that are the most paranoid people ever that everyone is watching and listening into their every conversation. Yet that use this app. When in Mexico or Italy etc. It just baffles me. If you use this why not just be on social media.

Well...

This is a app that allows people to communicate with each other in Total privacy. Nobody, not even the app manufacturer, can see what people say to each other.

Social media (like for example RDP) Intentionally allows the entire world to read what you and I are saying to each other.

For example...

If you wanna send dick pics to your girlfriend, it would be wise to do it on and end to end encrypted app, rather than post it here on RDP.

Make sense?

😁

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Well...

This is a app that allows people to communicate with each other in Total privacy. Nobody, not even the app manufacturer, can see what people say to each other.

Social media (like for example RDP) Intentionally allows the entire world to read what you and I are saying to each other.

For example...

If you wanna send dick pics to your girlfriend, it would be wise to do it on and end to end encrypted app, rather than post it here on RDP.

Make sense?

😁
Don’t know enough to argue. But if you think this app or any other is private. So be it.