WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GOTTA CHANGE MY WAYS..

LB247XS

Reaction score
I know what you mean about unfinished projects around the house garage etc. 2FF.i would kill to have your arsenal of toys.i have a boat that seen the water once in 3yrs.some day i will catch up and play hard like i used too.just do whats going to ease your stress and enjoy anytime on the water you can get.:thumbsup

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I think its a smart move. Steve won't get bored, he'll have more quality time with his beautiful wife instead of sweating up a storm buffin' one ride or another. :thumbup::thumbup:
Now if only I could get afew of my projects done, then Jan and I could join Steve and Sue:)

From my POS T-mobile thingie

HotRod82

Reaction score
I too can relate....always a project next in line. 2FF - one thing I have have yet to see mentioned is get some help! You just buffed the 24' ? Find a good detailer to come to your place and do that small work for you...have them detail your cars while he is there. The motor in the boat...there are lots of good engine builders out there, use one. I learned this lesson the past 5 years and wonder why I didn't sub-out more work sooner. If you are a control freak and can't trust someone to polish your boat, get over it and you will be amazed how much more time you will have to enjoy your toys....which is the whole point of having toys.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I too can relate....always a project next in line. 2FF - one thing I have have yet to see mentioned is get some help! You just buffed the 24' ? Find a good detailer to come to your place and do that small work for you...have them detail your cars while he is there. The motor in the boat...there are lots of good engine builders out there, use one. I learned this lesson the past 5 years and wonder why I didn't sub-out more work sooner. If you are a control freak and can't trust someone to polish your boat, get over it and you will be amazed how much more time you will have to enjoy your toys....which is the whole point of having toys.

pretty sure the last fuc'd up buff job is gonna stay the last fuc'd up buff job....never never again...

HotRod82

Reaction score
pretty sure the last fuc'd up buff job is gonna stay the last fuc'd up buff job....never never again...

Yeah, I hear you. It's sad when you see a nice new black paint job going down the road with the dreaded swirl marks down the side. My point being, it takes effort to find good help (like a detailer) but man it really pays off. I must have tried at least a dozen gardeners before I settled on this guy I have now. I pay him extra to keep him interested. I just fired the Carpenter working on my house after I put a level on a new window sill and it was a half bubble off. Good help is hard to find, but not impossible.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
you'll always find something to tinker with or work on. the only problem i see is that you're buying completed projects with little misc odds and ends and you get bored easily. go buy a boat or a car thats a total wreck and do a ground up restore or build on it. something to keep you busy for a while. you bought the 21 and changed a couple small things and got bored of it, the 24 was DONE and you had it for what... a week? if you're anything like me, you enjoy working on em more than you enjoy driving them. get into building something really one off... not just buying a bunch of parts from a catalog and slapping it together. mill custom plates, do some custom brackets, spend some time fiberglassing, or gelcoating floors, etc. you obviously enjoy showcasing your work/project with your video updates, and im sure a bunch of people here (myself included) would love to see you apply yourself to something more than "oh i changed a gauge..."

2Driver

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to just get the crap back if you decide having a few less things doesn't make life more enjoyable.

Personally I think a little less stuff and more experiences is the way to go.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you'll always find something to tinker with or work on. the only problem i see is that you're buying completed projects with little misc odds and ends and you get bored easily. go buy a boat or a car thats a total wreck and do a ground up restore or build on it. something to keep you busy for a while. you bought the 21 and changed a couple small things and got bored of it, the 24 was DONE and you had it for what... a week? if you're anything like me, you enjoy working on em more than you enjoy driving them. get into building something really one off... not just buying a bunch of parts from a catalog and slapping it together. mill custom plates, do some custom brackets, spend some time fiberglassing, or gelcoating floors, etc. you obviously enjoy showcasing your work/project with your video updates, and im sure a bunch of people here (myself included) would love to see you apply yourself to something more than "oh i changed a gauge..."

been there done that, sick of it ... I am the owner at las vegas street rods.. built complete cars ., bikes and boats..
sold my mill, lathe,and pattern cutting table... just wanna go boating and drive my rzr...

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
So much to do, so little time.
It doesn't matter how much time you have in the day, it never seems to be enough. I have found I'd needed to keep my 'to do list' small, because so many other events take place each day that cannot be planned for and remember to prioritize your fun time.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
been there done that, sick of it ... I am the owner at las vegas street rods.. built complete cars ., bikes and boats..
sold my mill, lathe,and pattern cutting table... just wanna go boating and drive my rzr...

that seems odd because every vehicle that ive seen you post, you end up doing some type of upgrade or fix to. you didnt NEED to gut the van and put in a bed, the schaida didnt NEED a 3rd axle, etc. seems like you WANTED to. are you sure you're tired of it or did you just get overwhelmed with so many of them? even if all your cars and boats had warranties and you never NEEDED to touch them, i still think you'd be on here posting videos of little things you did because you WANTED to.

keep it simple, 1 long project to keep your creative mind busy.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Gotta have a bucket list.....

My wife always laughs when I bring up something that I want.

I didn't really need your Tahoe but I have always wanted one...... The day will come where I want something different and I will use that pool of $$$ somewhere else.

I'm going to sell my teryx and ford flex and get a jeep so I have less things sitting around.

Life is about experiences and I'm not programed to be the guy that sits at home on my computer and is satisfied with driving a 12 year old Toyota Corolla.

Your an older,uglier,richer version of me....lol:D:skull

So what you're saying is, you're not as "Forcefull" ;)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
that seems odd because every vehicle that ive seen you post, you end up doing some type of upgrade or fix to. you didnt NEED to gut the van and put in a bed, the schaida didnt NEED a 3rd axle, etc. seems like you WANTED to. are you sure you're tired of it or did you just get overwhelmed with so many of them? even if all your cars and boats had warranties and you never NEEDED to touch them, i still think you'd be on here posting videos of little things you did because you WANTED to.

keep it simple, 1 long project to keep your creative mind busy.

yeah, you're closer to right....I like to personalize everything,.. I set out with a want and go from there...

I never used to hord shit like I do now, i fact, I used to use the same excuse everyone else does.... my wife says it has to go...i like getting someting then after the new ness wears.... see ya...I tell ya though...hav'n 4 boats is a bitch.... they all need or want something all the time... takes the fun out of it..

I'm a horse trader...love making deals...love tinkering with a new project, long as I can get it done quick....

still hav'nt finished the 72 cheyenne...at 60 I don't have the years left to do a ground up anything...

I still gotta go to the grand canyon.... probley gonna be in a hover round!!!!;):rolleyes

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The easiest way to avoid this is to donate all your money to a feline hospital. Then you can fret about not having anything. :D

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Know the feeling, the HD hasn't been ridden in 2 years, the 1998 Porsche has 24k miles on it, I can't walk through the garage, own a business, takes way too much time and I just turned 62.
Have a POS Delta place and I spend as much time there per week as I do at our completely remodeled house.

And, I still haven't received any check from our Government.

TCHB

Reaction score
Steve this type of activity has kept you sharp and on the ball. I am sure you will always keep busy and stay top of your stuff. Let me know and lets book a cruise to the South Pacific and let others take care of boat.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
You guys think this is anything other than creative spam? He's the king of it ;)

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Just curious. How many mid life crises can one person have? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just curious. How many mid life crises can one person have? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting to be able to afford my first one. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Spent yesterday thinking about how I wanna finish out what life I have left, thought about it all day, and slept on it
woke up with this new path....I'm the type that has to mess with what ever I own, it's never good enough.... I have projects to do every where...not getting them done bothers me, and I'm working my ass off...

so I decided that I'm gonna get rid of everything, streetrod, schiadas, land,

gonna get down to just the hallett and be able to get it in pristine shape...not working on nothing else..
we got the motorhome set up and should be good to go for the rest of my life...
I got my 72 cheyenne that still isn't done,..been working on everything else..

so... I wanna finsh the truck...maybe even restore it again...keep the hallett...and the van...

should be able to keep up with that and keep them all in tip top shape...:thumbsup
Not sure you stuck to this ambition Steve. lol.

HitIt

Reaction score
I think we all go through these phases of wanting to minimize the shit that we have and the responsibilities that go with it. It gets overwhelming sometimes. I know that after a big trip, especially one that doesn't go smoothly, I start to envy my neighbors that don't have anything while I am unloading, cleaning, fixing, etc.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I know the feeling, we have one business, two houses, two storage units, three cars and an HD to sell. Of course, right now, we are a year behind.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Spent yesterday thinking about how I wanna finish out what life I have left, thought about it all day, and slept on it
woke up with this new path....I'm the type that has to mess with what ever I own, it's never good enough.... I have projects to do every where...not getting them done bothers me, and I'm working my ass off...

so I decided that I'm gonna get rid of everything, streetrod, schiadas, land,

gonna get down to just the hallett and be able to get it in pristine shape...not working on nothing else..
we got the motorhome set up and should be good to go for the rest of my life...
I got my 72 cheyenne that still isn't done,..been working on everything else..

so... I wanna finsh the truck...maybe even restore it again...keep the hallett...and the van...

should be able to keep up with that and keep them all in tip top shape...:thumbsup

Honestly I was just talking to Tyler last night about this.. I want to dump everything and start over.

Just saw this an old thread.

franky

Reaction score
My friend lost his house and storage unit in the Oregon wildfires last year. Lost everything. Happiest he has been in a long time.

petie6464

Reaction score
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication."

Flatsix66

Reaction score
My friend lost his house and storage unit in the Oregon wildfires last year. Lost everything. Happiest he has been in a long time.

My wife keeps wishing the big oak tree falls on our house so she can get a new kitchen.

I sure wouldn't mind if a forest fire burned down our property and insurance paid us out...as long as everyone/animals all are safe. Would leave and not look back.

Nordie

Reaction score
When an old thread surfaces I always automatically think Wheeler.