WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gotta Love The Media: Arbery Shooting

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I’m not sure how your scenario equates to this situation. Unarmed dude was running down the street and Roscoe and Scooter chased him down with a shotgun and a pistol and during the “citizens arrest” he was killed.

Ok, he's punching you in the face and won't stop. Do you pull your gun? Or would you chance getting beat to death because you don't want to shoot an unarmed man?

The point is, the two guys created the situation but Arbery didn't have to get into an altercation. By getting in the altercation, he escalated a situation that he could've avoided.

Are these guys responsible for creating a threatening situation? Yes, jail time is likely. Had Arbery not confronted the man with a shotgun, would he still be alive today? Unknown, but you sure as hell know those two guys will say "I would've never shot if he didn't attack me."

Arbery handed these two the self defense claim on a silver platter. Even if they wanted to murder him, Arbery gave them an out with his actions. They weren't in a hallway. This wasn't fight or flight. Plenty of options for flight and Arbery chooses fight... a guy with a shotgun.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
If you know a lot about California law, you’d know that a citizens arrest is 100% legal in CA too. More specifically, it’s designed so citizens can detain a person who committed a misdemeanor (IE Trespassing). And they didn’t “just think” it was the guy, they were on the phone with 911 and watched this guy run out of the front door of the house.

You’re right, it doesn’t matter his color or even if he burglarized the place. All irrelevant. The fact is that he picked a fight with someone legally carrying a gun, and got shot (not even clear who pulled the trigger). He could have stopped, turned around and ran the other direction, made a left/right, hopped some fences thru some backyards and those fat asses wouldn’t have caught him. But no, he ran directly toward them and picked a fight.

You tell me that if you’re getting your face smashed in and the guy is trying to take your gun, you’re not fearful for your life..?

So the jogger picked a fight with a guy who chased him down, pointed a gun at him for no reason and tried to restrain him?

Sorry but you have it completely wrong and are really twisting the facts.

A guy with a gun chased down a jogger and picked a fight with an unarmed man and then shot and killed him and is claiming self defense. Those are the facts.

530RL

Reaction score
Ok, he's punching you in the face and won't stop. Do you pull your gun? Or would you chance getting beat to death because you don't want to shoot an unarmed man?

The point is, the two guys created the situation but Arbery didn't have to get into an altercation. By getting in the altercation, he escalated a situation that he could've avoided.

SNIP.......

The difference between the Arbery situation and your example above is that this was not an altercation where the two McMichael's pulled a gun to defend themselves.

In this case both Travis and Gregory McMichael came after Mr. Arbery with weapons already drawn. One can argue that given the threat from the McMichael's from the get go, Mr. Arbery had no choice but to stand his ground and try to live by fighting or be shot in the back fleeing. The McMichael's gave Mr. Arbery no choice but to either stand and fight, or be dead. The altercation was a direct result of the McMichaels pursuing Mr. Arbery with weapons drawn from the very beginning, not the McMichaels having to "pull" weapons once Mr. Arbery chose to have an altercation.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

Are these guys responsible for creating a threatening situation? Yes, jail time is likely. Had Arbery not confronted the man with a shotgun, would he still be alive today? Unknown, but you sure as hell know those two guys will say "I would've never shot if he didn't attack me."

Arbery handed these two the self defense claim on a silver platter. Even if they wanted to murder him, Arbery gave them an out with his actions. They weren't in a hallway. This wasn't fight or flight. Plenty of options for flight and Arbery chooses fight... a guy with a shotgun.

I have to disagree with you completely .

So your saying that Arbery escalated the situation that he could have avoided? The two guys chased him down in a truck and they both grabbed there guns before they did it and confronted him. But Arbery should have avoided the situation? Really?!

Your also saying Arbery confronted the man with a shotgun? Once again they chased him down with there guns! Got out of the truck and confronted Arbery.

The video clearly shows the guy with the gun pushing toward Arbery with his gun pointed at him. Arbery had every right to defend himself. He was being attached by a man with a gun. He just lost the fight.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

So your saying that Arbery escalated the situation that he could have avoided? The two guys chased him down in a truck and they both grabbed there guns before they did it and confronted him. But Arbery should have avoided the situation? Really?!

Your also saying Arbery confronted the man with a shotgun? Once again they chased him down with there guns! Got out of the truck and confronted Arbery.

The video clearly shows the guy with the gun pushing toward Arbery with his gun pointed at him. Arbery had every right to defend himself. He was being attached by a man with a gun. He just lost the fight.
The difference between the Arbery situation and your example above is that this was not an altercation where the two McMichael's pulled a gun to defend themselves.

In this case both Travis and Gregory McMichael came after Mr. Arbery with weapons already drawn. One can argue that given the threat from the McMichael's from the get go, Mr. Arbery had no choice but to stand his ground and try to live by fighting or be shot in the back fleeing. The McMichael's gave Mr. Arbery no choice but to either stand and fight, or be dead. The altercation was a direct result of the McMichaels pursuing Mr. Arbery with weapons drawn from the very beginning, not the McMichaels having to "pull" weapons once Mr. Arbery chose to have an altercation.

I guess I have not come up with a similar enough hypothetical situation.

But from what I read, with the option to run another direction when confronted by two men with guns, you two support the idea of fist fighting men with guns. I do not.

Here are your options:
Run from guys with guns - Maybe get shot but it would have to be cold blooded murder, shot right in the back. Neither of you can say this would have happened. But you seem to assume it.
Fist fight with guys with guns - Very likely to be shot. This actually happened. We don't need to assume.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
So the jogger picked a fight with a guy who chased him down, pointed a gun at him for no reason and tried to restrain him?

A guy with a gun chased down a jogger and picked a fight with an unarmed man and then shot and killed him and is claiming self defense. Those are the facts.
You are free to believe that’s how the situation happened, I disagree. It will be interesting to see what a jury thinks.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

But from what I read, with the option to run another direction when confronted by two men with guns, you two support the idea of fist fighting men with guns. I do not.

Here are your options:
Run from guys with guns - Maybe get shot but it would have to be cold blooded murder, shot right in the back. Neither of you can say this would have happened. But you seem to assume it.
Fist fight with guys with guns - Very likely to be shot. This actually happened. We don't need to assume.
Treyvon Martin. These cases are almost identical. Both included non-black, admittedly headstrong, armed citizens who thought they saw someone suspicious (sure you can argue racism here if you want), called the police, attempted to detain the individual, the black guy initiated a fight, beat them up pretty good, and got shot. Both black dudes have their young HS pictures posted all over the news when in reality, both are grown-ass men, standout football players, very strong and athletic. Anyone see any similarities..?

rrrr

Reaction score
I guess I was confused... I thought we were talking about the law and what will likely happen to these two guys in court.

I stand corrected... we are talking about our feeling on the subject.

It appears you missed your criminal law classes and lectures. Everything I said about the law is accurate in Texas, and I doubt Georgia's criminal statutes vary much from those.

530RL

Reaction score

Here are your options:

If I was Mr. Arbery it would have been very clear to me given they are pursuing me with weapons drawn and pointed at me in the middle of a public street that they are not there to "detain" me and I am dead either way.

So it just boils down to how a man wants to go out; on his feet or on his knees?

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
It appears you missed your criminal law classes and lectures. Everything I said about the law is accurate in Texas, and I doubt Georgia's criminal statutes vary much from those.

Your original posts was riddled with assumptions to fit the law to conclude murder. Assumption usually isn't a strong factor in a jury trial. But you seem to be extremely knowledgeable and have it all figured out 👍 No chance I'm going to change any beliefs.

If I was Mr. Arbery it would have been very clear to me given they are pursuing me with weapons drawn and pointed at me in the middle of a public street that they are not there to "detain" me and I am dead either way.

So it just boils down to how a man wants to go out; on his feet or on his knees?

Well hopefully that mindset doesn't get passed on to any future generations. Multiple of these situations would have been avoided if people didn't think fist fighting a guy with a gun was a good idea. It doesn't matter what happened before (even if it was racist or reckless), if you actually care about saving lives, you don't support fist fighting a person with a gun. To go even further, that altercation did nothing to prove any racism or intent, it only muddied the water in favor of the two suspects. So now we find ourselves looking at another racially charged news story where people will say if you don't think it's murder, you're racist. Well technically... there's a chance it isn't. Had he ran away and been shot... unanimous consent on murder and racism, minus the super racist groups in this country.

I think some people fail to realize that I'm not defending these guys or their actions. I'm saying these guys belong in jail but shit, why did there have to be an altercation to 1) cause a death and 2) muddy the waters in favor of potentially less jail time.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Treyvon Martin. These cases are almost identical. Both included non-black, admittedly headstrong, armed citizens who thought they saw someone suspicious (sure you can argue racism here if you want), called the police, attempted to detain the individual, the black guy initiated a fight, beat them up pretty good, and got shot. Both black dudes have their young HS pictures posted all over the news when in reality, both are grown-ass men, standout football players, very strong and athletic. Anyone see any similarities..?

From everything that I have seen the Trayvon Martin case is actually quite different. Zimmerman didn't approach him with gun already drawn and there was physical evidence that corroborated Zimmerman's story that Martin was in full mount pounding Zimmerman's head. Zimmerman had a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head and the way the entry wound lined up with his shirt indicated someone in a bent over position with the shot coming from below.

In this case, the McMichael's escalated the situation to deadly force by exiting the truck with their guns drawn and oriented towards Arbery. In the Martin case, Martin escalated the situation to deadly force by pounding Zimmermans head into the pavement and Zimmerman responded in-kind.

Furthermore, if prosecution had went for manslaughter instead of a murder charge in the Zimmerman case, they probably would have gotten it. A classic case of over-prosecution and will be interesting to see what the prosecution decides to do in the McMicheal case, get the guaranteed, but lesser, conviction with manslaughter charge or go for full murder.

None of this is to say that the media isn't entirely wreckless in the way that it covers every situation like this.

Another interesting way to think about this is to imagine that you are walking down the street as a CCW holder, 2 guys approach you from behind with guns drawn and oriented in your direction. You try to do your best Bob Munden impersonation and try to quick-draw your way out of it. Unfortunately, since they had "the drop" on you, you lose the race to first shot and they kill you. Do they get to claim self defense because you were going for your gun? There is a legitimate conversation to be had that it is supremely unintelligent to try to draw your firearm when people have guns pointed at you (or start a fight with someone pointing a gun at you), but doesn't change the laws surrounding the individuals who initiated the deadly force encouter.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
How about all you folks that are screaming murder go ahead and actually READ the case and relevant articles first?

Dude was identified as a possible local serial break in, had been spotted trespassing in the area, did not live in the area.

There was suspicion that he was the guy. If you actually WATCH the fucking video did he stroll through looking around at the build?

Nope. Check left, right, listen, looked around then quickly jammed. Call it "profiling" but that is a fucking case of the place for easily stolen items.

Not saying he deserved to die for it, but jesus at least read about what you are arguing about...

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
How about all you folks that are screaming murder go ahead and actually READ the case and relevant articles first?

Dude was identified as a possible local serial break in, had been spotted trespassing in the area, did not live in the area.

There was suspicion that he was the guy. If you actually WATCH the fucking video did he stroll through looking around at the build?

Nope. Check left, right, listen, looked around then quickly jammed. Call it "profiling" but that is a fucking case of the place for easily stolen items.

Not saying he deserved to die for it, but jesus at least read about what you are arguing about...
May have well been 2 guys in full KKK attire jumping out of a truck with a burning cross in the bed of the truck black >white is all this will ever be about

How come we aren't talking about the black dude that shot up the people at a cemetery last week??

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
May have well been 2 guys in full KKK attire jumping out of a truck with a burning cross in the bed of the truck black >white is all this will ever be about

How come we aren't talking about the black dude that shot up the people at a cemetery last week??

Because when it's flipped it's not a "hate crime".

The media needs to just fucking get executed. So many lives ruined by lies and falsifications...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Did you read the DA report Racey posted? It says the opposite of what you are saying.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with it.. because it really took me by surprise when I read it. But it reads to what Tooms is saying.

By the way stop calling this guy a jogger.. he wasn’t a jogger. He’s a guy that happened to be running away from something and the two crazy dudes caught up with him.

the DA report states he attacked the guy with the shotgun. In the struggle he was shot a couple times.
It also states the guys with the guns were legal.

That blew me away.. I don’t know anywhere that you can take a truck and chase a guy down with loaded guns and confront them. I don’t even think you can do that in AZ?

I don’t even think you can legally hunt using a truck like that?

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ AZ has less restrictive gun laws than Georgia. You don't need a permit to open carry in AZ. The use of the truck is irrelevant IMO.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Did you read the DA report Racey posted? It says the opposite of what you are saying.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with it.. because it really took me by surprise when I read it. But it reads to what Tooms is saying.

By the way stop calling this guy a jogger.. he wasn’t a jogger. He’s a guy that happened to be running away from something and the two crazy dudes caught up with him.

the DA report states he attacked the guy with the shotgun. In the struggle he was shot a couple times.
It also states the guys with the guns were legal.

That blew me away.. I don’t know anywhere that you can take a truck and chase a guy down with loaded guns and confront them. I don’t even think you can do that in AZ?

I don’t even think you can legally hunt using a truck like that?

Yes I read the DA report. Honestly, the report seems biased. Took me by surprise also.

He says that the jogger ( LOL, sorry its easer to put jogger than "a guy that happened to be running away from something and the two crazy dudes caught up with him." ) Ahmaud Arbery was running along side of the truck then attacked Travis McMichael.

But no mention as to men with guns were attempting to detain a man for reasons unknown to the man and the man went to defend himself ? As stated in the law he made reference to in his report is completely legal.

OCGA 16 - 3-21Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use
deadly force to defend themselves or others OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1Georgia' s No Duty to Retreat Law , an individual is
not required to back away from or submit to an attack.

He also saying that Travis McMichael had every right to shoot him because he felt his live was in danger. But its the same for Arbery.

Given these laws the Arbery was well within his rights to attack Travis McMichael also. He had not committed a crime and was maybe in his mind going to be attacked by a man that brandished a weapon. To me the McMichael's created the whole situation. Arbery was just reacting to it.

The report seems one sided. IMO. There are always three sides to a story. The two parties involved and somewhere in the middle is the truth. But unfortunately one side can't defend himself now because he died defending himself. Some may say that was not smart or as the report says given the guys mental health records and prior convictions might explain the aggressive nature. Maybe he was aggressive because he was approached by a man with a gun!!!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It’s hard to look at facts when we’re fed “innocent black jogger murdered by white guys” headlines.

But I stick to my point, this is an easily avoidable situation and not something an LTC holder should get involved with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It’s hard to look at facts when we’re fed “innocent black jogger murdered by white guys” headlines.

But I stick to my point, this is an easily avoidable situation and not something an LTC holder should get involved with.

The way i see this stuff is if all the media out of nowhere starts the pile on, after looking at their track record over the last few years, logic would dictate a high chance of them massively embellishing the story, leaving out key details, etc.

Highly skeptical of their bullshit.

It will be interesting to see the case laid out by the defense and how this goes in the courtroom.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 875900 W
View attachment 875902 View attachment 875903
couldn’t link the story for some reason so here’s the screenshots.. look it up for yourselves..

This shit right here is a direct result of the media and their rhetoric.. calling this a “lynching” , “jogging while black” and “racist hate crime” got two innocent people killed... this story will disappear cause it doesn’t fit the evil white man narrative ..

Where’s the National Outrage? Where’s the Mayor calling out this obvious hate crime? Where’s the race hustlers Sharpton and Jackson? Where’s Orca Pigfrey?

What’s hilarious is, a bunch a virtue signaling RDP’ers missed the point of this thread altogether..

I honestly can’t think of a lower form of life than a left wing “journalist” in current year..

Welcome to Clown World

So now it's the media's fault??

There is a series on Netflix now called Trial By Media.

First episode was interesting. I remember when it all went down. You should watch it.

Mikes56

Reaction score

Please, he wasnt just a jogger. Whatever exactly happened before is unclear to us, but he didn't just go jogging that day and get blasted for no reason.
When he decided to make a sharp left turn, as shown in the video, around the front the truck, and grab the guys shotgun and start beating him in the head with his fists and wrestling over the gun, he was no longer unarmed.

rrrr

Reaction score
Because he was aware of the intentions of the two men to illegally detain Arbery, he can be found guilty of the same crimes they are charged with, including murder.

It'll take a while to happen, but I fully expect the guy to be charged. He'll then get a plea bargain offer from the state to flip on the other two. That'll help secure their murder conviction.

As I predicted, the guy that filmed the incident has been arrested and charged with murder. It was obvious to me he acted in collusion with the shooters, and knew beforehand of their plans to attack Arbery.

William "Roddie" Bryan Jr., the man who recorded the deadly February shooting of Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery, has been arrested on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation [GBI] announced Thursday night.

Bryan will be booked into the Glynn County jail.

Bryan, the 50-year-old neighbor of Gregory and Travis McMichael, a white father and son accused of murdering Arbery, has changed his story multiple times since the video of the shooting came out. However, he has always maintained his innocence.

Earlier this week, Bryan's attorney Kevin Gough claimed his client had no communication with the McMichaels the day of the shooting, a statement contradicted by the official police report.

Bryan initially claimed he was being a good Samaritan by recording Arbery's death, though that description quickly came under scrutiny.

Following the announcement of Bryan's arrest, a group of attorneys hired by Arbery's family said, "(Bryan's) involvement in the murder of Mr. Arbery was obvious to us, to many around the country and after their thorough investigation, it was clear to the GBI as well."

RodnJen

Reaction score
As I predicted, the guy that filmed the incident has been arrested and charged with murder. It was obvious to me he acted in collusion with the shooters, and knew beforehand of their plans to attack Arbery.

William "Roddie" Bryan Jr., the man who recorded the deadly February shooting of Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery, has been arrested on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation [GBI] announced Thursday night.

Bryan, the 50-year-old neighbor of Gregory and Travis McMichael, a white father and son accused of murdering Arbery, has changed his story multiple times since the video of the shooting came out. However, he has always maintained his innocence.

Earlier this week, Bryan's attorney Kevin Gough claimed his client had no communication with the McMichaels the day of the shooting, a statement contradicted by the official police report.

Bryan initially claimed he was being a good Samaritan by recording Arbery's death, though that description quickly came under scrutiny.

Following the announcement of Bryan's arrest, a group of attorneys hired by Arbery's family said, "(Bryan's) involvement in the murder of Mr. Arbery was obvious to us, to many around the country and after their thorough investigation, it was clear to the GBI as well."

Interesting turn for sure.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

F*ck those guys and their attorney buddy that filmed the whole thing. There’s no denying Ahmaud was a troubled dude but last I checked breaking and entering doesn’t carry a death sentence and the shooters weren’t part of a jury.

I hope they all die in prison cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wow.
Talk about shitbags.

The deceased may not have been a choirboy, but that doesn’t mean he deserved to be stalked and killed by these assholes.

Throw the fucking book at them if true.

rrrr

Reaction score
For some reason the position you two and I are taking seems to be in the minority here. Like all "racial" incidents I comment on, I strip away who is black and who is white, and examine it from that point of view. There's no doubt whatsoever this was a murder, and it's obvious the camera operator was in on the plan and therefore is just as guilty under the law of parties.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Anybody else watch the body cam video that’s randomly embedded in this article...? 😳

RodnJen

Reaction score
Anybody else watch the body cam video that’s randomly embedded in this article...? 😳

Yes, and just what does it have to do with the shooting of an unarmed man?

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. People need to realize if you get involved in vigilante shit, you may end up being the criminal. I personally feel he should be charged also.

dribble

Reaction score
So Arbery "attacked" the man holding the shotgun? That's ridiculous. It's too bad the beginning of the struggle isn't on the video, because there's no doubt in my mind that shotgun was stuck in his torso as he tried to avoid the man. It'll be interesting to see if the GBI can clean up the audio and determine what was said. It certainly wasn't "Stop, stop, we want to talk to you" as the two men claimed.

A shot was fired before the struggle came into view. Some posts above have attempted to rationalize the fact the two men killed an obviously unarmed man.

This happened 2½ months ago, and the older shooter was a retired cop and investigator with the county DA's office. That's one of the reasons the GBI took over the case, and both men were arrested within a week of the GBI's involvement.

There are several comments above about trespassing, theft, etc., which are lame to the nth degree. I've probably walked into fifty houses under construction in my life. Everyone does it.

The two vigilantes had no legal right to confront Arbery with guns. That was the first felony. He obviously was unarmed, and he obviously wasn't carrying stolen property. The shooters claimed they accosted him because some burglaries had occurred in the neighborhood, but there has been no corroboration by the police those burglaries occurred.

Most importantly, what danger did Arbery represent? What could he have done in the seven seconds he is out of view in the video that gave the vigilantes a reason to engage Arbery using deadly force?

Considering that question further, while Arbery struggled with the older man holding the shotgun, he never gained control of it, and had lost his grip on the gun and was four feet away from it when the other man fired two shots and killed him.

Again, what gave the men any legal authority to shoot him? They armed themselves and initiated the confrontation. They were not on their own property. Arbery posed no threat to the men.

If this scenario was presented on a concealed carry test, how many of you that are licensed and have commented above would agree their actions were proper and within the bounds of CC law? I doubt I'll get an honest answer.

This was murder, straight up. That they were not charged until months passed and the GBI had to take over the case to do it is disgusting.

Regarding the CCW question here is my honest answer. If I saw that man and thought he had committed a burglary, I would have gotten a full description of him and called 911. That’s it. I don’t carry a gun to protect property. Not even my own much less anyone else’s.

At Christmas time last year I was sitting in my pickup in an upscale outdoor mall while my girlfriend went into Victoria’s Secret. I watched an old piece of shit car drop off a woman and three boys or young men and noted to myself that they didn’t look like they could afford to shop in this neighborhood. They hung around outside for a minute and the car came cruising back around. At that time they all ran into Victoria’s Secret grabbed as much stuff as they could carry and ran out. I watch this whole thing unfold and jumped out of my truck with my 9 mm on my side. As the car was starting to drive away I ran to the rear of it to try to get the plate number. I never even considered going to the front of the car and pulling my weapon. Nobody needs to die over a bunch of bras panties and yoga pants.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Yes, and just what does it have to do with the shooting of an unarmed man?
Nothing. It’s just interesting they put it in there with no context and no relation to the article. Intriguing video though...

rrrr

Reaction score

Yeah, and it's obvious the cops in Glynn County, Georgia are good ol' boys that like to fuck with black guys sitting alone in their car. Do a little research about the Glynn County Police and maybe you'll have a better understanding why it took two months and the GBI to charge Big Enos and Little Enos with murder.

Justfishing

Reaction score
For some reason the position you two and I are taking seems to be in the minority here. Like all "racial" incidents I comment on, I strip away who is black and who is white, and examine it from that point of view. There's no doubt whatsoever this was a murder, and it's obvious the camera operator was in on the plan and therefore is just as guilty under the law of parties.
How do you know if they were planning on hurting or just detaining him. It is a pretty big jump to assume the plan was to kill him. Was it dumb to have guns and plans to detain.

I will say it is also a big media ploy to paint this as a racial incident with out more information. Sure a black man may stick out but there were other actions that drew attention. A crack head going into a house may have drawn similar attention.

The guys were stupid and the outcome was tragic. But unless more comes out this is an overblown media circus. I could see involuntary manslaughter.

rrrr

Reaction score
How do you know if they were planning on hurting or just detaining him. It is a pretty big jump to assume the plan was to kill him. Was it dumb to have guns and plans to detain.

I will say it is also a big media ploy to paint this as a racial incident with out more information. Sure a black man may stick out but there were other actions that drew attention. A crack head going into a house may have drawn similar attention.

The guys were stupid and the outcome was tragic. But unless more comes out this is an overblown media circus. I could see involuntary manslaughter.

It doesn't matter what they planned to do. He's dead, and they caused it.

Manslaughter?

YGBSM

Justfishing

Reaction score
It does matter.

Involuntary Manslaughter
Involuntary manslaughter often refers to unintentional homicide from criminally negligent or reckless conduct. It can also refer to an unintentional killing through commission of a crime other than a felony.

The subtleties between murder and manslaughter reach their peak with involuntary manslaughter, particularly because an accidental killing through extreme recklessness can constitute second degree murder.

rrrr

Reaction score
Shooting someone three times isn't unintentional or accidental.

All three men have been charged with felony murder, and they have all also been charged with criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, a felony.

In Georgia, the penalty for a felony murder conviction is either life in prison with or without parole or the death penalty.

It's unlikely the trial judge will allow the defense to bring up Arbery's previous crimes or his entry into the house under construction. Being a shitbag doesn't excuse murder.

There won't be a manslaughter conviction in this case.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
I hadn't heard much on the news, found this.

A Georgia grand jury indicted the three men who had been arrested and charged in connection with the alleged murder of Ahmaud Arbery. They're facing nine charges including malice murder, four counts of felony murder, two counts of aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal contempt to commit a felony. The three suspects remain in custody in Glynn County and have not been arraigned. They could face life sentences without parole.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Found this too.
"Based on the video admitted into evidence, there appears there was little or no attempt by the defendants to have a conversation with Arbery, nor was there an attempt to call the police so the police could question Arbery."

"Walmsley found the McMichaels pose a "significant risk of influencing witnesses and obstructing justice,"

rrrr

Reaction score
A longer version of the video has showed Big Enos and Little Enos chased down Arbery and tried to stop him once, and he continued running. They followed, stopped again, and shot Arbery in the torso before Arbery appeared to be grabbing the shotgun and was then shot two more times.

So claims by posters that Arbery "attacked" Big Enos are wrong. He had already been shot once before he tried to grab the shotgun.

Those two idiots straight up murdered Arbery. He had not committed any crimes that they observed, so claims they were engaging in a citizen's arrest won't fly in court. They have rightly been denied bail, based on their actions after the shooting.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Cole 392

Reaction score
E27A291E-4364-4AEB-A4B7-3BC142D5ACD8.jpeg

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I sure hope Ben Crump goes after Jao for the same accountability.