WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Governments greatest failure in our lifetimes....

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I find the argument that China “hid” it very odd.

In our businesses we were getting warnings starting in December that there was a large outbreak of what they thought at the time was seasonal flu that would be affecting productivity and supplies prior to Chinese New Year shutdown in early February.

Then in mid January we were getting warnings that this was not seasonal flu but something much worse that would affect the resumption of production post Chinese New Year.

By the third week of January, it was clear to all in planning and production that this was a serious problem and everyone was scrambling to find ways to deal with the supply chain. And then it got worse and worse by the day, not by the week.

There was nothing hidden, it was in plain sight. You can’t hide daily production reports.
Strange, I don't remember you warning us.🤔

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Always enjoy your feeback Racey.

I don't really trust the WHO either, in their 23rd brief they conceded it was human to human and gave it a transmissibility and mortality rating.

My feeling is that once it broke through Europe the countdown clock started for the US and we should have begun prepping for supplies, and tests needed and begun market stabilization right then and there.
As much as I dont trust or like the media, I cant fully blame them, this thing spread like wildfire at the end of summer.

Wall street falls on itself instantly like always - looking out for itself at the expense of all of us.

The Chinese knew how bad it was and hid it from everyone, but we can read license plates from space, and the amount of guys we have in intelligence should have seen/ heard/ known what was happening regardless of what was said by anyone. Maybe we did?

UD

You mentioned wildfires UD.

No one wants to give any support to fire prevention and in-fact here in CA there are legal injunctions every step of the way when firefighters want to clear brush and do controlled burns to prevent wildfire spread and damage before wildfire season.

But when a wildfire breaks out, they can do whatever they want, and get all the funding they need.

No one is government is rewarded for proactivity.

I see this same actions within my government customers. They want to spend no money on cyber security until some other department has a data breach.. then they are throwing money at you to shore up their infrastructure and want it done yesterday.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

In our businesses we were getting warnings starting in December that there was a large outbreak of what they thought at the time was seasonal flu that would be affecting productivity and supplies prior to Chinese New Year shutdown in early February.

Then in mid January we were getting warnings that this was not seasonal flu but something much worse that would affect the resumption of production post Chinese New Year.

By the third week of January, it was clear to all in planning and production that this was a serious problem and everyone was scrambling to find ways to deal with the supply chain. On January 23rd, China started construction on a 1,000 bed hospital in Wuhan, which was widely reported throughout the world. And then it got worse and worse by the day, not by the week.

There was nothing hidden, it was in plain sight. You can’t hide daily production reports. You can’t hid the construction of a dozen field hospitals when they are on the worldwide news every day.

Do you feel they were completely transparent about this?

By January it was overt.

The problem started earlier and they tried to slow change or stop the message and silence their doctors like Li Wenliang that were warning the media and sent officials to those practices for " rectification".

UD

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

By the third week of January, it was clear to all in planning and production that this was a serious problem and everyone was scrambling to find ways to deal with the supply chain. On January 23rd, China started construction on a 1,000 bed hospital in Wuhan, which was widely reported throughout the world. And then it got worse and worse by the day, not by the week.

There was nothing hidden, it was in plain sight. You can’t hide daily production reports. You can’t hid the construction of a dozen field hospitals when they are on the worldwide news every day.
See post #9.

530RL

Reaction score

By January it was overt.

The problem started earlier and they tried to slow change or stop the message and silence their doctors like Li Wenliang that were warning the media and sent officials to those practices for " rectification".

UD

You know, that’s probably the most asked question in everything everyone does in life.........

I am certain no country to date has been completely transparent about any of this nor will they be as there is a fortune to be made off of the immunizations and treatments as well as countries naturally worry about the economic damage of complete transparency as is playing out in this situation.

Bottom line, there was clearly enough data to dispute the mid March statement by the US government that the virus was “no worse than the flu”.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

hahaha you’ll defend those commie fucks all the way to your grave!!!!!!!

I thought you said you’d always make money no matter who’s in the Oval Office?

D4A86735-B3CC-4307-9378-726164D99EF8.gif

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You know, that’s probably the most asked question in everything everyone does in life.........

I am certain no country to date has been completely transparent about any of this nor will they be as there is a fortune to be made off of the immunizations and treatments as well as that countries naturally worry about the economic damage of complete transparency as is playing out in this situation.

Bottom line, there was clearly enough data to dispute the mid March statement by the US government that the virus was “no worse than the flu”.

Its crystal clear China punished those that seeked to tell the whole truth.

...and our guys should have been messaging far differently than they did - we didnt trust them.

Having international employees in Asia we heard far different things that we did on the nightly news.

My company was the first "major" to pull out of of the TV businesses major trade show and by doing so were willing to flush 700K because we couldn't get any answers we felt were truthful.

It was an agonizing decision that turned out to be the right one as 3 week later the origination that puts in on cancelled it themselves.

We won't ever see our money but thats a different story.

UD

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

By January it was overt.

UD

Exactly, there were videos and reports leaking in early November online out of Wuhan, they were sporadically popping up on news aggregaters like reddit, etc. This is when the Chinese government began silencing individuals, pulling their posts, censoring any talk.... By January it was beyond the party being able to hide it anymore.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
But when a wildfire breaks out, they can do whatever they want, and get all the funding they need.
This.
It's a business. It's all about billions every year that is skimmed and spread to the chosen few crony capitalists, environmentalists and polititions. It's also about burning homes and businesses off the land per UN Agenda 21/2030.
The land is then bought up by the aforementioned criminals for pennies on the dollar and never rebuilt.
Problems are only solved when they want to be solved.
Follow the money.

HotRod82

Reaction score
My observation in all of this is the fact that we spend BILLIONS every year on pandemic preparations and yet we still weren't prepared. Typical feckless government institutions. Shouldn't Trump have legitimately had some confidence in the CDC being prepared? The CDC budget increases every year. Trump has been criticized for not ordering enough masks and ventilators....shouldn't that have been the CDC's job? This is another fine example of why universal healthcare would be a disaster, and why any "climate legislation" will be a disaster. The government is the problem, rarely the solution.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

WHO is just another whore. What they say means nothing.
They are in bed with them. This all planned. Notice how the Hong Kong protests "problem" has miraculously been solved?
This bureaucrat says he didn't hear the question yet acknowledges it by wanting to move to another question. He fucking heard it.
He also has to mention how China has done such great job of handling the outbreak. What he doesn't say is how they did it. The sheer fucking brutality of what they did to the people and continue to do will probably never be fully known.
This is the model these fuckers want. They built it and we helped them. Now they want it to go global.
The UN/WHO should be rounded up, tried and executed.
Post haste.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

No one wants to give any support to fire prevention and in-fact here in CA there are legal injunctions every step of the way when firefighters want to clear brush and do controlled burns to prevent wildfire spread and damage before wildfire season.
I see this same actions within my government customers. They want to spend no money on cyber security until some other department has a data breach.. then they are throwing money at you to shore up their infrastructure and want it done yesterday.

California is a whole big mess...itself
The power outages last fall here in Nor Cal were a laughable failing.

Last edited:

2CHILL

Reaction score
Here’s what the president said in public remarks, interviews and tweets from Jan. 22 to March 10 -– one day before the World Health Organization declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Here’s what the president said in public remarks, interviews and tweets from Jan. 22 to March 10 -– one day before the World Health Organization declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

Why did you leave out Jan 31 where Trump closes off China to travel, or March 11 where Trump Closes European travel?

Lmao.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He says lots of things... often contradicting himself from one statement to the next, but in terms of these announcements/ tweets, statements

Did he know better but lied ?

OR did he believe to the best of his knowledge what he said was truthful?

What was the inner circle telling him vs. what he fronted to us.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
WHO guy was wholly unprepared, he should have replied simply referring to Taiwan as "Taipei" and everything would have been fine.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

I have a friends wife that works with an org called Ready Nevada County that tries to help with regular clearing of brush and regularly gets VIOLENT reactions from land owners to even allow access to wildly overgrown areas.

Many up here won't even respond to any kind of summons or anything at all from the government and will show up armed to the teeth at locked gates with dont tread on me signs.

UD

530RL

Reaction score
He says lots of things... often contradicting himself from one statement to the next, but in terms of these announcements/ tweets, statements

Did he know better but lied ?

OR did he believe to the best of his knowledge what he said was truthful?

What was the inner circle telling him vs. what he fronted to us.

UD

I tend to agree with Racey that he was well informed and as a result restricted (he did not close off) travel to the US of Chinese nationals in late January.

And subsequent to that, he did the absolute best he and those he put in charge in his administration were capable of doing.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I tend to agree with Racey that he was well informed and as a result restricted (he did not close off) travel to the US of Chinese nationals in late January.

And subsequent to that, he did the absolute best he and those he put in charge in his administration were capable of doing.

Seems to me that the cat was already out of the bag by then no?
Then the EU restriction but people could just fly to the UK and come in from there as has been normal for decades.
Its like trying to cover a shotgun hole in a bucket with your thumb.

UD

The Phantom

Banned
Reaction score
I have posted numerous links to examples of evidence of it being genetically engineered. The mainstream media notion of it being caused by the consumption of bats or other animals in the food chain is complete bullshit and has been so proven.
It is an enhanced virus that was intentionally released from a known level 4 bioweapons laboratory in Wuhan, China. SARS, MERS and Swine flu were test runs.
If one is not seeking true information one certainly will not know of it. Always question the integrity of ones sources.

You hit the nail on the head.

The Phantom

Banned
Reaction score
The data was clearly there. The failure was in the decision making process.

It was an incompetent decision compared to other countries, and there will be plenty of time after all this is over for finger pointing.

Wrong again!!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
On February 1 — just one day after Trump had announced his China travel restriction — Biden depicted the president as a racist whose heart was filled with hatred for Asian people. “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said the former vice president.

Notably, it would not be until four days later — on February 5 — that the Democrats' failed impeachment trial in the Senate would finally draw to a close. That was the same day that the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs held its very first coronavirus hearing.

Fucking sheep

2CHILL

Reaction score
He tweeted this today. In the midst of a pandemic (that he called a hoax). While people are dying. God save us...

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
He tweeted this today. In the midst of a pandemic (that he called a hoax). While people are dying. God save us...

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

Are you saying Coronavirus doesn’t cure narcissism? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

All by design to get you to do exactly what you did.............................. 🤣

See post #85 sheep. While you morons were playing with yourselves, he was acting on the threat, yet you continually make yourself look like a buffoon.

LMAO 70's show .gif

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

You can’t make this up. You did exactly what he’s saying hahahahaha

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Its looking like Main St gets fucked again on this still absorbing

I can tell you he family first act is a giant knife to employers over 50 and under 500.

The big guys with all the money skate..

UD

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Its looking like Main St gets fucked again on this still absorbing

I can tell you he family first act is a giant knife to employers over 50 and under 500.

The big guys with all the money skate..

UD

The King will fix it for the most part........................since he controls the dough now. :)

Had to get it passed first UD. ;)

“Today, I have signed into law H.R. 748, the “Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act” or the “CARES” Act (the “Act”). The Act makes emergency supplemental appropriations and other changes to law to help the Nation respond to the coronavirus outbreak. I note, however, that the Act includes several provisions that raise constitutional concerns.

Section 15010(c)(3)(B) of Division B of the Act purports to require the Chairperson of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency to consult with members of the Congress regarding the selection of the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director for the newly formed Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. The Committee is an executive branch entity charged with conducting and coordinating oversight of the Federal Government’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.

I anticipate that the Chairperson will be able to consult with members of the Congress with respect to these hiring decisions and will welcome their input.

But a requirement to consult with the Congress regarding executive decision-making, including with respect to the President’s Article II authority to oversee executive branch operations, violates the separation of powers by intruding upon the President’s power and duty to supervise the staffing of the executive branch under Article II, section 1 (vesting the President with the “executive Power”) and Article II, section 3 (instructing the President to “take Care” that the laws are faithfully executed). Accordingly, my Administration will treat this provision as hortatory but not mandatory.

Section 4018 of Division A of the Act establishes a new Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery (SIGPR) within the Department of the Treasury to manage audits and investigations of loans and investments made by the Secretary of the Treasury under the Act. Section 4018(e)(4)(B) of the Act authorizes the SIGPR to request information from other government agencies and requires the SIGPR to report to the Congress “without delay” any refusal of such a request that “in the judgment of the Special Inspector General” is unreasonable.

I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the SIGPR to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required by the Take Care Clause, Article II, section 3.

Certain other provisions (such as sections 20001, 21007, and 21010 of Division B of the Act) purport to condition the authority of officers to spend or reallocate funds upon consultation with, or the approval of, one or more congressional committees.

These provisions are impermissible forms of congressional aggrandizement with respect to the execution of the laws.

The Congress may affect the execution of the laws only by enacting a new statute in accordance with the requirements of bicameralism and presentment prescribed in Article I, section 7.

My Administration will make appropriate efforts to notify the relevant committees before taking the specified actions and will accord the recommendations of such committees all appropriate and serious consideration, but it will not treat spending decisions as dependent on prior consultation with or the approval of congressional committees.

Finally, several provisions (such as sections 3511(d)(4) and 3862 (creating section 744N(d)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act) of Division A of the Act) purport to require recommendations regarding legislation to the Congress.

Because Article II, section 3 gives the President the authority to recommend only “such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient,” my Administration will continue the practice of treating provisions like these as advisory and non-binding.”

Trump tooth .gif

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Our infection and death rates are lower than the models said they would be at the end of March. So how has Trump (who is not responsible for the mess) been an idiot?
If you watched the BS briefing today. The model has changed. 🤬 But trunt did say his ratings is higher then the bachelor. You can’t make this shit up. 🖕

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you watched the BS briefing today. The model has changed. 🤬 But trunt did say his ratings is higher then the bachelor. You can’t make this shit up. 🖕

Of course it changes when it did not happen as planned and the modeling is proven wrong.

Look at Al Gore’s BS climate modeling.