Great Job AGAIN Cali

RVRKID

Reaction score
There goes another company and a bunch of jobs!šŸ˜”
3F7AA7BE-FE8C-45FD-BFFD-22A52F82BA46.png

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
If they leave Vernon who is left? I work with the Mars Chocolate company and they have a huge Pet and Food business as well. We used to have a plant and offices for R&D in Vernon, they boogied out of her more than 10 years ago to Tenn. Their PET facility out there is insane has to be 15 to 20 acers stand alone parking structure and a gorgeous monster office. We have to be the dumbest state in the country as all these businesses leave and dumb asses keep voting for the liberal politicians that have destroyed what used to be a dream! I think soon in our lifetimes we will see the utter collapse of this state and anarchy will take over, almost there now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The article Says they are looking at shutting down plants in AZ as well?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If they leave Vernon who is left? I work with the Mars Chocolate company and they have a huge Pet and Food business as well. We used to have a plant and offices for R&D in Vernon, they boogied out of her more than 10 years ago to Tenn. Their PET facility out there is insane has to be 15 to 20 acers stand alone parking structure and a gorgeous monster office. We have to be the dumbest state in the country as all these businesses leave and dumb asses keep voting for the liberal politicians that have destroyed what used to be a dream! I think soon in our lifetimes we will see the utter collapse of this state and anarchy will take over, almost there now.
I worked on the fire sprinklers in both the PET facility and main office across the street. Always wondered why the In N Out trucks were in the loading dock. Pick up or delivery. šŸ¶šŸ˜‚

oldschool

Reaction score
Why would any company that could set up shop somewhere else not do it? California ran Musk, arguably the smartest guy on the planet, out. All the regulations and codes and permits are no different than places that operate on the grift(Mexico). Just a different way of doing it. Im in central California so itā€™s a bit different, but itā€™s still tough.

Backlash

Reaction score
Hoffy is in Vernon.....maybe some of those folks can land a gig over there. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

HBCraig

Reaction score
There is a rendering plant not too far from there as well. Awful area.

bilz

Newly Retired!šŸ˜
Reaction score
Left will just buy 2500 more votes. Bendover a little further.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I used to sell freezers to a rendering plant. They serviced veterinarian offices throughout so cal. Definitely an acquired aroma. That soil in Vernon should qualify for super fund cleanup money.
There is a rendering plant not too far from there as well. Awful area.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thereā€™s a food court across the street from that place that a coworker took us to. Cheap food at a great price. You could barely eat inside because of the smell of the FJ plant. Wow.

If you've never been to Vernon, and smelled that smell, I can see why you would think this is a bad thing.

Nothing smells worse than that town!!!

šŸ¤®šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®

C-2

Reaction score
They need to flatten that city and start over, anyways.

The population explosion taking place there is frightening :eek:

Reactions: DWC

Icky

Reaction score
I did a few years of my apprenticeship at Kalkan (various other names over the years) in Vernon. I was also there for the equipment removal.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I must have been on the ā€œgood sideā€ of Vernon. Nothing but good coffee smells at one of my favorite clients when I was in public accounting. Loved Gavina Coffee.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Thereā€™s a food court across the street from that place that a coworker took us to. Cheap food at a great price. You could barely eat inside because of the smell of the FJ plant. Wow.
In my 20's I worked for a company in the City of Commerce which was just a little over 3 miles from Farmer John's. If the wind was blowing just right or should I say wrong we would get that smell throughout the shipping dock. It didn't happen often but damn was it bad when it did.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
None of those are as bad as Baker Commodities. Use to have flatbed trailers stacked with hides outside.
When I had customers in Vernon I don't think any people actually lived in that town.

Icky

Reaction score
None of those are as bad as Baker Commodities. Use to have flatbed trailers stacked with hides outside.
When I had customers in Vernon I don't think any people actually lived in that town.
After years of going by that plant it smelled like fritos to me, amazing the shit you get used too.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If you've never been to Vernon, and smelled that smell, I can see why you would think this is a bad thing.

šŸ¤®šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Back in the day had to go down Bandini a couple times a week. šŸ˜«šŸ˜–šŸ˜µā€šŸ„“šŸ¤¢

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
ā€œ if you people would just start eating vegetarian we wouldnā€™t have to live with these terrible places and smellsā€ ā€¦ Karen
šŸ˜‚

Rondog4405

Reaction score

šŸ¤®šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Absolutely!! I remember as a kid riding along with my dad at work. We would pass by that fj plant and he'd say plug your nose. Never did of course. That smell stuck with me for days .. horrible shit!šŸ¤®

*BN*

Reaction score
The smell is mostly from the rendering plants not the meat packers in Vernon. Baker commodities and Darling international being the two biggest rendering plants but theyā€™re are several smaller ones too.

For the last 77 years we have supplied all the industrial pipe valves and fittings in Clougherty Packing / Smithfield. (Farmer John) and virtually all the meat packers and rendering plants.

When we would make deliveries to Vernon we had special clothes that we would put on just for there. It was impossible to get it off your shoes

Brian

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The article Says they are looking at shutting down plants in AZ as well?
The article did mention possible plans to exit farms in AZ. Didn't realize any substantial livestock farms existed in AZ.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I have done multiple large construction projects at Farmer John and I have done a project for Smithfield at their plant outside Omaha Nebraska. Farmer John Vernon is an extremely poorly run facility compared to their Nebraska processing plant. As other people have stated, Vernon smells like shit and inside the facility grounds it is filthy dirty with pig parts laying all over the place. Vernon processes approximately 4-5K head of hogs a day. The Smithfield Fremont Nebraska plant processes 10k plus head of hogs a day and is absolutely spotless with zero smell at all.

In Fremont Nebraska, there is almost no building department permits or inspections needed. They make it as easy as possible for businesses to expand and build new facilities to spur job growth. Between tax incentives, ease of building and low wages, it's a no brainer for companies to abandon California. While I was working in Fremont, Costco was building the largest chicken processing facility in the US across the street from us. I was told they were looking to hire 2,500 employees in a town of 30,000.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I used to work for a company called CRYOVAC. We did all the food packaging for farmer john....spent many weeks in that plant. as soon as i got home I had to strip, throw my clothes in the washer, and jump straight in the shower. Ive been in a lot of food processing plants and kill plants and the smell at farmer john infected your whole body. It was nuts.....but that operation was as clean as could be. Its amazing how clean our factories are......but the smell....goddamn i can still smell it