WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Greetings from Oxnard!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Out here for AJ Barrett’s wedding! Kids are loving the beach!

A37AA77B-B84D-48E1-A7BD-A4E7227A1DE0.jpeg
CB9E7D4B-2C84-48C8-AAAE-AA99A1CCAD48.jpeg
8F811A16-6755-4C67-85D9-B3AAE4093308.jpeg

RCDave

Reaction score
Holy moly. What are you feeding these kids? They are growing up so fast

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Hollywood beach?
If you’re at the end of Ventura road look at the railroad track crossing right before the beach...that’s where the scene in Back to the future 2 (I think that one?) was filmed. Where he lands the car.

See the apartments right on the North side of the road before the tracks?
That’s where I lived for a year in 1994.

hallett21

Reaction score
Lol I was off Victoria an hour ago. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Everyone’s so worried about my shorts.. lol

I have had these for years
image.jpg
image.jpg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
This was my apartment when I lived out there. Could check out the waves at California St and the Fairgrounds from my balcony. Helped me decide if I was gonna go to work that day or not.

View attachment 921567
Very cool, it's all smoke and kite surfers at the point right now. A few surfers with a crummy break.
IMG_20200911_170825.jpg

samsah33

Reaction score
Lived on Oxnard Shores for a long time, check out the fish tacos at Pepe's Mexican Food on Silver Strand if you get the chance, never dissapoints.

hawgty55

Reaction score
My first job was a valet at the embassy suites there and I lived across the street from the hotel in the harbor. If you want a quick eat do pepes on silver strand Beach awesome burritos if you're up early Mrs Olson's is the spot smothered potatoes on point or donuts in the am spudnuts is the go too!

T frog

Reaction score
I was stationed at Port Hueneme, was a Navy Seabee. Great memories of that area, enjoy.

Turnup

Reaction score
Soon as I saw your pic I was gonna say Sea Fresh! Its a nice kick spot down there. Your shorts are fine there, just stay out of the 'strand 🤣

Tank

Reaction score
My first job was a valet at the embassy suites there and I lived across the street from the hotel in the harbor. If you want a quick eat do pepes on silver strand Beach awesome burritos if you're up early Mrs Olson's is the spot smothered potatoes on point or donuts in the am spudnuts is the go too!

Man, I hate to say but both places have gone way down hill. Pepes was sold a few years ago and fuckin BLOWS now. Mrs olsons (who is actually karine Olsen the grandmother of Kirra drurry one of the girls killed in that big crash on havasu a couple years ago) sold to brim and he moved it over to the harbor about 5 years ago and it’s gone way down hill too. The place that opened up in mrs Olsen’s old spot (Hollywood beach cafe) is actually very good.

Sea fresh is good. Toppers pizza is bomb. Lookout burgers are great. Other than that this place ain’t really great on food. Never has been. Ok to pretty good sums up the cuisine in the area. Unless you come to my house and I hook it up! 🤣😂👍

Last edited:

hawgty55

Reaction score
Man, I hate to say but both places have gone way down hill. Leper’s was sold a few years ago and fuckin BLOWS now. Mrs olsons (who is actually karine Olsen the grandmother of Kirra drurry the one of the girls killed in that big crash on havasu a couple years ago) sold to brim and he moved it over to the harbor about 5 years ago and it’s gone way down hill too. The place that opened up in mrs Olsen’s old spot (Hollywood beach cafe) is actually very good.

Sea fresh is good. Toppers pizza is bomb. Lookout burgers are great. Other than that this olace ain’t really great on food. Never has been. Ok to pretty good sums up the cuisine in the area. Unless you come to my house and I hook it up! 🤣😂👍
Well its definitely been awhile since I've been back. I guess everything doesn't last forever. Loved living there for the 4 years I did.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Its a little further north from you, but if you had said something you could probably stayed at my family's beach house in Ventura. Its about 600' from the beach.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Tank - I assume the Rudder Room is still there and not far from your place. Believe that's pretty much a must visit for RD's first Oxnard visit. Really bummed to hear about Pepe's.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We lived in Hueneme twice. First on Village Rd in a newer home between Moranda Park and Ventura Rd. Very near the “Back to the Future” train scene previously mention. Later we lived beach front in Anacapa View Beach Homes. One of the best views on the coast. Much better than Malibu. Some good food back then; Whales Tail, Port Royal, Tugs, Cabo, Yolanda's and Pepe’s were a few. Nice beach living. But Oxnard itself already sucked, even back then. There was a Court Restraining Order that the gang from La Colonia-Oxnard were not to be anywhere near the gang from Hueneme. Beach front tear downs were fairly common for under 100K. Some of the movie Tora Tora Tora was filmed in Port Hueneme Harbor. Had it been just my wife and I we may have remained in Hueneme. But, the schools sucked. The neighborhoods just a few blocks from our homes sucked. We bought a new home off Santa Rosa Rd in Camarillo in 1993. Good community, good people and very good schools. Great place to raise our 2 daughters.

Some Port Hueneme trivia. Many of the streets in that small town have lady's names. It is said that during WWII it was common knowledge among the Navy sailors that Hueneme had brothels. Non legal of course. These lady names on the streets are those of some of the more famous local prostitutes of the era.

Last edited: