WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Greg ,or Grads

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Greg, Hopeing you get through this, Always enjoyed talking to you and Kate at the lake, Me and the family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’ll say it! Who the fuck cares!!!

Dude, come on Ian.......you are better than that.

At the end of the day, he is a human being. A husband, brother, uncle and friend to others. As someone who has spent time with Greg outside of the forum, I can tell you that his internet persona is completely opposite as to how he is in real life.

I truly hope that he beats whatever is going on right now.

Get well soon Greg!! We are all pulling for you buddy!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

At the end of the day, he is a human being. A husband, brother, uncle and friend to others. As someone who has spent time with Greg outside of the forum, I can tell you that his internet persona is completely opposite as to how he is in real life.

Lets be real here. GRADS has said the same thing on the internet to other people he didn't know personally on the internet.

Just food for thought.

As a person I hope he gets better and I'm sure most everyone shares that sentiment. But many agree with Ian regarding his internet persona.

That is why I referenced him as "Gregory" earlier and not GRADS.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

I honestly never had a problem with him until he started taking shots at me and my wife. I wasnt on rdp at the time, but I got text messages about the threads. (Mine and the one he stated) For me that was pretty much it. Wasn’t going to say anything but then his Tahoe thread really did it. I don’t wish bad upon anyone but I don’t really feel anything else either. If he were to ever hit me up and apologize it would be different, but he doesn’t care, so why should anyone else be expected to? I get why some will and I get why some won’t.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Yeah heard that shit so many times over the years. Maybe he should act civilly and the man upstairs would look kindly upon him, Reap what you sow! His sewing machine has been on overdrive throughout the years.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I honestly never had a problem with him until he started taking shots at me and my wife. I wasnt on rdp at the time, but I got text messages about the threads. (Mine and the one he stated) For me that was pretty much it. Wasn’t going to say anything but then his Tahoe thread really did it. I don’t wish bad upon anyone but I don’t really feel anything else either. If he were to ever hit me up and apologize it would be different, but he doesn’t care, so why should anyone else be expected to? I get why some will and I get why some won’t.

excellent x 2

The day he talked shit about my girlfriend, fuck him. When you’re an asshole in life you get asshole prizes.

D19

Reaction score
Wishing ill or death upon someone only demonstrates your own poor character.

Those of you trying to claim how he should behave to obtain favor with God above might want to remember that God calls us all to pray for our enemies (read Matthew chapter 5).

Don't try to give examples on how to be if you're not being the best example you can be. We all know what God calls that behavior/ person.

I met Greg and found him a pleasure to be around. He was courteous and respectful. I don't condone his online persona, yet I also don't wish the man harm.

Many of you could really benefit from the ignore button. Trust me when I say that ignoring the people you don't like can make this place much more enjoyable. If you don't like what I just said, click the ignore button.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I don't care for Grad's online persona. I've never met him so I can't comment on what kind of a person he is. I don't understand why someone would have an online persona that is completely different than their in person one.

Some of you guys know him and say he is a great guy. While that may be the case, RDP is an online environment and therefore that is the personality that Grads projects and how most people here know him.

I look at it this way: You can be the greatest guy in the world but if you go into one particular bar and act like a d-bag, well then everyone in that bar only knows you as the d-bag. You can't expect the patrons of that bar to have a lot of sympathy for you when something bad happens. This is the RDP bar so some of the responses here are to be expected.

Also, for those of you who know him, have you ever asked him why he behaves this way on RDP? Does he post on any other forums like this?

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
For the record I didn’t wish him well or I’ll. I just don’t care! His actions in life have had a negative effect on my life. Does that mean I wish him in a negative effect no. I’m just saying maybe if he wasn’t such a dick and fuck stick he might get more praise!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yeah heard that shit so many times over the years. Maybe he should act civilly and the man upstairs would look kindly upon him, Reap what you sow! His sewing machine has been on overdrive throughout the years.
This
Can think of several members, one who used to post with a badge in particular.
I’m no ray of sunshine either , but you do reap what you sew,
Myself included .
Best of luck to him but @Universal Elements and others here are spot on about the topic.

grumpy88

Reaction score
For the record I didn’t wish him well or I’ll. I just don’t care! His actions in life have had a negative effect on my life. Does that mean I wish him in a negative effect no. I’m just saying maybe if he wasn’t such a dick and fuck stick he might get more praise!
So why even post in this thread ?

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
Always enjoyed your posts... even the controversy some of them invoked, if we were all the same what would we have to talk about?
Get better soon Greg (Grads).
Thoughts are with you and your family.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Those of you trying to claim how he should behave to obtain favor with God above might want to remember that God calls us all to pray for our enemies (read Matthew chapter 5).

Don't try to give examples on how to be if you're not being the best example you can be. We all know what God calls that behavior/ person.

I met Greg and found him a pleasure to be around. He was courteous and respectful. I don't condone his online persona, yet I also don't wish the man harm.

Many of you could really benefit from the ignore button. Trust me when I say that ignoring the people you don't like can make this place much more enjoyable. If you don't like what I just said, click the ignore button.
So why even post in this thread ?

We have people saying they are ready to shoot "the traitors" in the street when the "Civil War" starts.. How is that any different?

The owner of this website has said such as recently as today. How is wishing death upon people that aren't members of this forum any different than not caring if a member here lives or dies.

If you take your feelings out of it, they are saying the same thing.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't care for Grad's online persona. I've never met him so I can't comment on what kind of a person he is. I don't understand why someone would have an online persona that is completely different than their in person one.

Some of you guys know him and say he is a great guy. While that may be the case, RDP is an online environment and therefore that is the personality that Grads projects and how most people here know him.

I look at it this way: You can be the greatest guy in the world but if you go into one particular bar and act like a d-bag, well then everyone in that bar only knows you as the d-bag. You can't expect the patrons of that bar to have a lot of sympathy for you when something bad happens. This is the RDP bar so some of the responses here are to be expected.

Also, for those of you who know him, have you ever asked him why he behaves this way on RDP? Does he post on any other forums like this?

Clearly you've never met Tom Brown! LoL

Tom is So mild manered in person. Generous to a fault. My personal feeling is, he just bites his tongue in real life!

But unlike Greg, Tom is a true wordsmith. Sadly Greg does not have a functional filter.

And don't think for a second Tom has never attacked anyone. Greg couldn't come close to insulting people the way I've seen Tom insult someone. Nothing was off limits. Nothing.

What's my point?

Nobody's perfect.

I hope they both live long happy lives. 👍

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Grads just goofs on you. Didn't care for it most of the time... But whatever.
Tom was always trying to prove he was the smartest guy on the interwebs. Ya...no.
Hope Greg gets well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have people saying they are ready to shoot "the traitors" in the street when the "Civil War" starts.. How is that any different?

The owner of this website has said such as recently as today. How is wishing death upon people that aren't members of this forum any different than not caring if a member here lives or dies.

I see this differently.. if civil war is declared then it is what it is.

In the meantime I don’t wish ill on anyone.. except Hillary, Omar & Squad, Feinstein, pelosi, bidens, Obama’s, shumer, Schiff... Most of main stream media and the extremist left..

Traditional democrats in fine with. :)

riverroyal

Reaction score

In the meantime I don’t wish ill on anyone.. except Hillary, Omar & Squad, Feinstein, pelosi, bidens, Obama’s, shumer, Schiff... Most of main stream media and the extremist left..

dont forget Cosby, Wiener, Newscum, that DA in LA.....on and on

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It is an interesting moral discussion.

So a Civil war declaration or an "uprising" would flip the switch and you'd kill all those that weren't with you in the cause?

I'm no Democrat, but it seems to me when people say "They should all hang" and then don't like when someone says "Fuck Grads" when he is sick, but are fine with it when he is well... It just seems a bit hypocritical.

I don't care either way.. people can say and feel what they want. Personally, my view is someone callously disregarding an internet persona when they are sick in real life is a lot better than wishing for death upon a whole swath of people with different opinions than yours.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So a Civil war declaration or an "uprising" would flip the switch and you'd kill all those that weren't with you in the cause?

I'm no Democrat, but it seems to me when people say "They should all hang" and then don't like when someone says "Fuck Grads" when he is sick, but are fine with it when he is well... It just seems a bit hypocritical.

It probably is..

D19

Reaction score

I never said any of that so I don't know why you are quoting me.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I never said any of that so I don't know why you are quoting me.

I know you didn't. I quoted your post because I agree with you. We probably would be better off not wishing ill will on anyone. But that happens often here and no one really cares.

I will say whishing ill will towards someone's caricature of themselves they portray online is different. People do that here and no one cares either.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Is this all due to his stroke he had previously or is there more? I know some are posting to keep it private. But then the thread rages on with no details?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

well said.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I don't care either way.. people can say and feel what they want. Personally, my view is someone callously disregarding an internet persona when they are sick in real life is a lot better than wishing for death upon a whole swath of people with different opinions than yours.

was busy earlier. Even in times of war there’s empathy and compassion. You treat the wounded and take pow’s..

So when ya add all that in the hypocrisy lessens

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
GRADS, Dood....hope you feel better real soon

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Best wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery from whatever Grads is dealing with. Being sick sucks.

No one gets out of this alive, act accordingly.

Singleton

Reaction score
While I don’t agree with everything he has said and don’t like the fact he posts things on occasion just to get a raise out of someone - I only wish death on a few folks and he is not one.

Thoughts are with his wife and family as he fights through whatever he has.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Couple of things here. First, ive yet to see ANYONE wishing ill or death upon him. Pointing out irony or karma is anything but.
Second, i cant wrap my head around those that make him out to be some saint. We want to get holier than thou when he himself has been open about not being religious and has even made fun of those that did believe. Save me the fake outrage. The internet doesnt forget

1608325221494.png

DaveH

Reaction score
really mixed feelings on this. i'd agree nobody wants to wish death on anyone here........BUT i have been insulted by Grads and understand how some will feel "no loss" if he did pass.

as for "getting along with the other side" i just don't see how that is possible anymore. the two "sides" have become so polar opposite.......and worse.....you cant even really take a stand anymore for anything without being labeled some sort of monster for not seeing it the other side's way. I don't know where this ends up.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Wishing the best for him. His online personality doesn't bother me. I'm not wound up tight or get my feelings hurt because of stuff on the internet. While he comes off annoying on RDP I bet he's a lot happier and easy to be around in real life than a lot of others.

traquer

Reaction score
Wow how old is this guy? This sucks.

Get better man!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What ever happed to if you don't like a thread just move on and don't post in it?
I think he turned 50 last year. I just hit 62 a few weeks ago. I wouldn't wish this on anyone . There's some harsh folks on here, pretty sad actually...
Come after me in real life I just may shoot yur ass, but on the web's, well not so much.

It is sad.. made me really question how low some can go.. The guy is dealing with some serious problems that could end his life. Right now he’s looking at a “maybe” he will live through it and some on here think it’s ok to be negative in that circumstance.

pretty harsh..

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That’s not how it works with these virtue signaling Christians.
He talked shit on you, your wife, and kids? It’s all good bro it’s just the internet...that’s just his online persona. Absolved
He shit on your family values, beliefs, and ideals? BRO. It’s just the internet. Trust me bro I know him. That’s just his online persona. ABSOLVED.
Don’t forget to contribute to the go fund me 🤡

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Shhhhhhhh don’t call him out on his own hypocrisy. You don’t want him adding you to his list

Duramax

Reaction score

I had the exact question. He is such a great, caring, standup guy, it's only online, on RDP, that he is a dbag? Very odd to me.