WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GT 500’s

pkbullet

Reaction score
These are the first GT 500's that we have received. They are both sold orders, so I don't get to drive one. Those paint stripes are pricey.
DF2ED0F5-4F0F-41C1-B2F8-A549F50C2F5B.jpeg
1DE78640-9223-441D-BD9D-462E57E8F21B.jpeg
E5677E5E-4DE4-4113-98A1-D80155D6F786.jpeg
97B73BE0-52F5-4B28-BCA0-C1C00925E067.jpeg

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^ Ford must be drinking the same Kool Aide Chrysler did with the Viper 😜 The butane blue stripes on my silver Viper was a $3K option:rolleyes: Only 22 cars were painted like it in 1999

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Lol, good thing you never saw your new bmw I sold you beforehand😂

At least they were transported by Wagoners that were covered car trailers.... Now when they were delivered to Port Hueneme and storage outside then that's different lol

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Drove one at PIR for 10 laps a few weeks back... They are FAST!!!! They are 60% weight on the front, and you feel it when you drive it. Overall, VERY cool car....... GT-3 Porsche was fun as well!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
At least they were transported by Wagoners that were covered car trailers.... Now when they were delivered to Port Hueneme and storage outside then that's different lol
Aside from left over cosmoline in the engine bay and underside of car they weren't too bad overall but still required some extra detailing from Hueneme. Wagoneers covered trucks didn't start until the late 90s or 2000s. Didn’t make the drivers or loaders any better though🙂 Prior to the Hueneme days the cars came in at Long Beach and often times looked horrific😳

Xring01

Reaction score
Sorry at those prices... I would spend my $$$ on the mid engine Vette.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Sorry at those prices... I would spend my $$$ on the mid engine Vette.

Have you driven one yet???

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

I had an allocation, waited, waited, waited, got sick of waiting, said fuck it, and sold the allocation......... Now that I have driven one, I'll stick with my Hellcat until they put some HP in them. Handle well, NOT a good car for a knuckle dragger, slower than homemade soap!

Xring01

Reaction score

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

I had an allocation, waited, waited, waited, got sick of waiting, said fuck it, and sold the allocation......... Now that I have driven one, I'll stick with my Hellcat until they put some HP in them. Handle well, NOT a good car for a knuckle dragger, slower than homemade soap!

I have a 65 Conv Mustang with about 350hp... Its pretty fun.
I have Tesla Model S, its real fun... smokes most factory cars that have messed with me.

I just think the first year Vette will hold its value alot better than a GT500, and it is a LS motor that can easily be modified to put out lots HP. It costs alot less than the GT500 to begin with. I just see alot more upside on the Vette over the GT 500..

BUT THATS MY OPINION. Some like Fords, Some like CHevy's, Some like Redheads, and some like Blondes. If it floats your boat, then have a blast with it.

attitude

Reaction score

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Your hellcat must not be stock then lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A gentleman up here showed up with a beautiful dark blue GT500 a few weeks ago. He has a whizbang Porsche (not good on model numbers) and a bunch of old hot rods. He hadn't driven it hard yet, but seemed to think it should handle very well. It was kind of neat to poke around the car, brakes, engine bay and such. The sound doesn't impress me much, but she seems to get along pretty good.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have a 65 Conv Mustang with about 350hp... Its pretty fun.
I have Tesla Model S, its real fun... smokes most factory cars that have messed with me.

I just think the first year Vette will hold its value alot better than a GT500, and it is a LS motor that can easily be modified to put out lots HP. It costs alot less than the GT500 to begin with. I just see alot more upside on the Vette over the GT 500..

BUT THATS MY OPINION. Some like Fords, Some like CHevy's, Some like Redheads, and some like Blondes. If it floats your boat, then have a blast with it.

C8 values will drop like rocks in 18 months when the Z06 and subsequent wide body Grand Sport and ZR1 models come out. We have 15 years of evidence over the last 2 corvette generations that prove this. It happened with the c6 and c7. It will happen with the c8, there are just too many of them out there.

The GT500 will drop as well following the GT500s before it. These cars aren't special, they make tens of thousands of them and there are many more people that will leave them in the wrapper hoping to make a buck on them in 25 years. So if you want one, buy it and use it.

Hell, all the Cobra R models that they only made a couple hundred of each took over 20 years to even command their original MSRPs, The 93 Cobra Rs (107 made) are worth over $80K now. This is because it was the last and best Fox body Mustang produced. 95 Cobra Rs (250 made) are worth a bit over MSRP, and 2000 Cobra Rs (300 made) you can still find for less than MSRP.

You are going to lose money on any and all of them :)

Xring01

Reaction score
C8 values will drop like rocks in 18 months when the Z06 and subsequent wide body Grand Sport and ZR1 models come out. We have 15 years of evidence over the last 2 corvette generations that prove this. It happened with the c6 and c7. It will happen with the c8, there are just too many of them out there.

The GT500 will drop as well following the GT500s before it. These cars aren't special, they make tens of thousands of them and there are many more people that will leave them in the wrapper hoping to make a buck on them in 25 years. So if you want one, buy it and use it.

Hell, all the Cobra R models that they only made a couple hundred of each took over 20 years to even command their original MSRPs, The 93 Cobra Rs (107 made) are worth over $80K now. This is because it was the last and best Fox body Mustang produced. 95 Cobra Rs (250 made) are worth a bit over MSRP, and 2000 Cobra Rs (300 made) you can still find for less than MSRP.

I hope you are right, cause I may just buy a C8 in a few years then.

DWC

Reaction score

Drove my GT500 until it started making noises from too many places. :oops: Fun car to drive for sure. Would have done the same to the CTSV but needed a truck. Getting on the 71 in the morning just isn’t the same.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

^^^ This!!

The beauty of that this is that by then the aftermarket boys will have grips on the new motor, trans, and tuning, and a guy will be able to buy an early C-8 for 50% of new, and for another $15k have a fkn rocket ship!

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Drove my GT500 until it started making noises from too many places. :oops: Fun car to drive for sure. Would have done the same to the CTSV but needed a truck. Getting on the 71 in the morning just isn’t the same.

I miss my Cobra and CTS-V as well.. But I really enjoy the truck, and needed one as well.

Reactions: DWC

Taboma

Reaction score

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Are you talking seat of the pants or did Motor Trend lie or test a non-stock prototype ? Those numbers suggest the homemade soap C8s run with the Hellcats and are quicker to 60.
Funny, because I've heard from many that the Hellcats aren't close to feeling the bang for the buck.
Your "Slower than homemade soap" comment tends to diminish the validity of your claim just a bit.
As an example, the few Porsches I've driven don't feel fast to me at all, there's very little drama, very benign feeling, yet a peek at the speedo suggests otherwise. Like doing 120+ in a 28' Speedster vs a flat bottom v-drive.
LOF, have you happened to price any used C-7's of late ? Even 2014-15 base non-Z51, 1LTs prices certainly haven't dropped like rocks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you talking seat of the pants or did Motor Trend lie or test a non-stock prototype ? Those numbers suggest the homemade soap C8s run with the Hellcats and are quicker to 60.
Funny, because I've heard from many that the Hellcats aren't close to feeling the bang for the buck.
Your "Slower than homemade soap" comment tends to diminish the validity of your claim just a bit.
As an example, the few Porsches I've driven don't feel fast to me at all, there's very little drama, very benign feeling, yet a peek at the speedo suggests otherwise. Like doing 120+ in a 28' Speedster vs a flat bottom v-drive.
LOF, have you happened to price any used C-7's of late ? Even 2014-15 base non-Z51, 1LTs prices certainly haven't dropped like rocks.

You can get a non Z51 early c7 with under 50K miles for high 30s. You can find z51s for around $40k. Carmax is in the low 40s for them. Go on Ebay, there are many Buy It Now vehicles for under $40k. These are 2LT and 3LT cars, some convertibles, some Z51. Not base model stuff. These cars were well over $60K new and have low miles on them relative to their age. If you want to go faster, you can get a c6 Z06 in the same sub $40K price range.

Few people buy narrow body standard vettes once the wide body models come out.

And I agree with you.. Stock Hellcats feel kinda fast, but not what their power suggests. With better tires they feel like they are making another 100 HP.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Good article from Road & Tradk on acceleration g’s for Scat Pack, Hellcat and how the butt dyno can fool us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score
You can get a non Z51 early c7 with under 50K miles for high 30s. You can find z51s for around $40k. Carmax is in the low 40s for them. Go on Ebay, there are many Buy It Now vehicles for under $40k. These are 2LT and 3LT cars, some convertibles, some Z51. Not base model stuff. These cars were well over $60K new and have low miles on them relative to their age. If you want to go faster, you can get a c6 Z06 in the same sub $40K price range.

Few people buy narrow body standard vettes once the wide body models come out.

And I agree with you.. Stock Hellcats feel kinda fast, but not what their power suggests. With better tires they feel like they are making another 100 HP.

I couldn't buy a Chrysler product if they guaranteed me a plot in Heaven 😂 This emotion is a carry over from the ole muscle car days, there were Ford guys, Chevy Guys ( I was both), Pontiac guys then the guys from the other part of town who could only afford Plymouths. :oops: ;)

I don't know how they can build a WIDER body C8, the damn thing will need truck clearance lights.

Taboma

Reaction score
Good article from Road & Tradk on acceleration g’s for Scat Pack, Hellcat and how the butt dyno can fool us...

I'll read it, but I imagine it's like the 60's muscle cars feeling much faster then the numbers would collaborate. Or a 100 mph jet bote 😁

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

ROFL Butt Dyno!

A pony car with a giant dose of HP is only as good as the supporting chassis....there is a visceral experience with early hot rods that is hard to recreate...they were over powered, under braked and handled shitty usually....

Stinky, noisy, obnoxiously loud when on the throttle, with a thunder of excessive noise and speed when your foot is in it all the way!

That is what we all got addicted to as kids!

The new stuff is sweet, and it's pretty awesome to rip off pro-stock drag racer times stop light to stop light with the A/C on and rocking your shit.... ;)

I'd still take an old trans-am racer, with no rear seats, no insulation and no comforts over the new....any day.

I loved the $100 bill challenge....🤘

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Drove all, and a couple others, same day, same track, etc. I daily drive my HC.

Lamborghini
Ferrari
GT500
GT-3
C-8

I didn’t snap pics of all, but you get the point.

Lambo- Cool car, not my thing, handles well
Ferrari- LOVE me some turn on turbo power! Handles well, overall the “best” but unrealistic for the average dude
GT-500- FAST!!! I ran it over the scales.... 60/40, you feel it when driving. Sounds badass, will be a rad normal guy car in a few years.
GT-3- Real deal! Handing is good, braking is INSANE!!! Not the fastest, not the best, but what a great car to drive!
C-8- Cool, handles well, it doesn’t have enough HP to outdrive it! For the normal dude, they’ll be content. Drive the above cars, then get in it (it’s what I did, it wasn’t intentional, just how my day was) it’s not overly comfortable for a 6-2 250 guy. Again, few complaints, it’s just not as impressive as the others.

Again, my DD is a Challenger HC with a few goodies. I really like the car, are there better, sure, but bang for the buck, you better have something pretty exotic to get around it on the street. I know this diminishes your “I heard” theory, but some believe Civics are quick. Drive the cars, then post your REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.

My lap times overall were close between all cars. The GT-500 mph was fastest on the big end. Everyone can play the “did you, or do you” game, reality is that I was in all, same day, same track. I’m not a pro driver, but can wheel a car or kart (still cram my FA in my kart) reasonably well. Take my review as a real guy, who can’t afford any of them, is more passionate about drag racing than going around a corner, but truly appreciates getting behind the wheel of virtually anything.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Drove all, and a couple others, same day, same track, etc. I daily drive my HC.

Lamborghini
Ferrari
GT500
GT-3
C-8

I didn’t snap pics of all, but you get the point.

Lambo- Cool car, not my thing, handles well
Ferrari- LOVE me some turn on turbo power! Handles well, overall the “best” but unrealistic for the average dude
GT-500- FAST!!! I ran it over the scales.... 60/40, you feel it when driving. Sounds badass, will be a rad normal guy car in a few years.
GT-3- Real deal! Handing is good, braking is INSANE!!! Not the fastest, not the best, but what a great car to drive!
C-8- Cool, handles well, it doesn’t have enough HP to outdrive it! For the normal dude, they’ll be content. Drive the above cars, then get in it (it’s what I did, it wasn’t intentional, just how my day was) it’s not overly comfortable for a 6-2 250 guy. Again, few complaints, it’s just not as impressive as the others.

Again, my DD is a Challenger HC with a few goodies. I really like the car, are there better, sure, but bang for the buck, you better have something pretty exotic to get around it on the street. I know this diminishes your “I heard” theory, but some believe Civics are quick. Drive the cars, then post your REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.

My lap times overall were close between all cars. The GT-500 mph was fastest on the big end. Everyone can play the “did you, or do you” game, reality is that I was in all, same day, same track. I’m not a pro driver, but can wheel a car or kart (still cram my FA in my kart) reasonably well. Take my review as a real guy, who can’t afford any of them, is more passionate about drag racing than going around a corner, but truly appreciates getting behind the wheel of virtually anything.

Sounds like you had a great day driving some impressive cars. My only " I heard " was relative to the Hellcat, but LOF then commented tires seem to make a huge difference. The only info I've got on a C8 is sitting in the only one I've seen in person and a few mags who are mostly publishing redundant info from the Motor Trend test session. Those times and comments seemed pretty flattering for a well under $ 100K car, only sportin 495 HP. And I've certainly not read anything in any publication suggesting it was " Slower than homemade bread", yet apparently it manages to find it's way around a race track without embarrassing itself.

I've had plenty of fast cars and I'm damned glad I survived all their nefarious plots to kill me ugly. I'm not in the market for another one " Hold my beer and watch this " car, or to spend well into $ 6 figures for an exotic. We've had previous vettes, I've been waiting for them to jump into the mid-engine market and they finally did.
I'm just looking for a good looking car that's kinda fun to scoot around in and bring me a few smiles and mild whoopie from time to time. I've got no interest in buying the baddest, or fastest, most exotic, flashy, or most expensive to be an occasional Sunday driver. Plus, it's been a few years since my wife had her daily driver Vette, I think she'd have fun wheelin a new one to work on occasion to give her a change from her current grocery getter Audi SQ5. I really like the C7 Grand Sports, but the mid-engine aspect of the Vette brings a newness and I truly enjoyed driving my mid-engine Ferrari, but I didn't own the proper driving attire, so I sold it. 😁

Thanks for taking the time to explain. 👍