WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guitars, let’s see what ya got

Havazoo

Reaction score
Guitars 🎸 are like art, hot rods and wall art.
07E9B0E0-4724-436C-80D6-55DD162F5DD7.jpeg
DE62D72E-3CA8-4C78-B167-B7CBF1E1A525.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Sure, all your shares in Apple! 😁
Just out of curiosity what would something like that be valued at? I collect sports memorabilia but thinking of buying some rock n roll stuff.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what would something like that be valued at? I collect sports memorabilia but thinking of buying some rock n roll stuff.

Not sure, I acquired this one years ago. I was looking at a Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein the other day for $13k or so or a Bumblebee for $19k

Born and raised in Pasadena so partial to the local boys.

HST4ME

Reaction score
gah now I am going to have to dig deep into hard drive D

cofooter

Reaction score
My "wood corner" in my office. Also have a newer Fender acoustic and a beater Yamaha acoustic I have had for 40 yrs that sounds almost as good as the Washburn. About to pull the trigger on a Taylor 214 series acoustic. I've had a few electrics,
20200824_074717_HDR-1.jpg
but enjoy playing the acoustics more.

Last edited:

Havazoo

Reaction score
My "wood corner" in my office. Also have a newer Fender acoustic and a beater Yamaha acoustic I have had for 40 yrs. Sound almost as good as the Washburn. About to pull the trigger on a Taylor 214 series acoustic. I've had a few electrics, View attachment 914571 but enjoy playing the acoustics more.
Don’t know which I like better, your guitar or your Maha 👍👍

cofooter

Reaction score
Beautiful Taylor. Way above my hobby money budget, though!

cofooter

Reaction score
They let me play one for a few minutes at the local guitar shop, then showed me the 214's lol

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
They let me play one for a few minutes at the local guitar shop, then showed me the 214's lol
I had a Guild D50 that I was in love with and sold it to buy some other guitars a few years back. I was convinced I wanted another one of those or a Takamine. A friend suggested I spend some time playing Taylors, and I started being a nuisance at Guitar Center. I am a 100% Taylor guy now. They are all awesome!! Any series played better than the best Martins. If you play multiple guitars in their acoustic rooms I guarantee anyone will become a Taylor believer.

cofooter

Reaction score
I'm all in on Taylors. Once had a Takamine 12 string, one of my favorite guitars ever, sold it 30 yrs ago and the guy still plays it.

samsah33

Reaction score
L to R: 2017 Fender T-Bucket, 1981 Hamer Special, and 1964 Silvertone 1413L.

Also below is the original Sears catalog ad for the Silvertone. It was my first guitar and I bought that in 1980-ish for about $10 and considered smashing for kicks a couple of times early on. Fortunately I never got around to smashing it and just stuck it in my parent basement and forgot about it for about 35 years until I re-discovered it last year (remember all those toys you destroyed when you were a kid and wish you still had now...?). Definitely not the awesome 1949 Martin above, but still a pretty cool slice of Americana!

sds Guitars.jpg
1413_1417_cat_ss65.jpg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Thought that was a really cool guitar so I decided to do a little searching.

"You find an original soft case from the 40s."... Mine isn't in great shape but it is the original softcase from the 40s according to the luthiers I had look at it...

and the money quote on them.... "Bob Dylan's often photographed and well remembered Martin 00-17 is a 1949 model. The Martin 00-17 was never one of the company's most popular instruments, in fact, it was one of the most affordable guitars C.F. Martin & Company produced at the time. "

I have been told mine is in as good of condition as you will find out there for the most part....

And for all the California bashing that goes on, the environment preserved this guitar in my uncles garage in Upland for about 40 years untouched. My little teenage guitar playing daughter saw a photo of me, my sister and my grand fathers house from the 70s playing instruments and said "Where is that guitar of Grandpa's, that's a Martin". We reached out to my 80 year old uncle who said its been in the garage since he died in 78.... I took it to a luthier in Scottsdale who only had to sweat on new vintage plastic machine knobs, because the originals were disintegrated. A repair I was told does nothing to the value since there really isn't survivor plastic in that vintage of guitars that is 70 years old... Other wise, all original.

DaveTic

Reaction score
Nice tops on those. Tic Guitar Works/Dave Tic, did you make that one?
Yes, stainless frets and a slight V-neck. My go to, love playing that thing. The stainless frets took a long time to level shape and polish they are a pain in the ass.