WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GunBroker.com

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I haven't bought a firearm in about 10 years. Apparently now, you must have a recent purchase in the database of California to purchase ammo here. Yup, Kommifornia! The problem is...stores don't have much inventory to choose from. Anyways, via GunBroker.com has interesting shotguns which I have always loved are readily available. I just wanted to see if anyone has had experiences with these transactions and if there are any in's and out's I should be aware of. Any help is much appreciated.

Yes, I know I could re-register a current one, but don't tell my wife....that would take the fun out of it!

azsunfun

Reaction score
daughter in sacramento bought a gun through them shipped to dealer she wanted sent there smooth transaction!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Just be careful what you want to by if in CA. My BIL tried to buy a shotgun from there, the place he was having it shipped to process the DROS told him " You send that thing here we are going to call the police to pick it up" . LOL Not many places like to deal with these websites.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just be careful what you want to by if in CA. My BIL tried to buy a shotgun from there, the place he was having it shipped to process the DROS told him " You send that thing here we are going to call the police to pick it up" . LOL Not many places like to deal with these websites.

The lesson is to check with your FFL first.

hallettheck

Reaction score
Have used Gun Brokers twice.....smooth transition....however I need both sent to my son if Texas FFL..
No issues

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Yeah . . . as said above, check with you FFL for the weapon listing you're looking at especially if you're in CA.
I did one off gunbroker last year and it was super smooth . . . but I double/ triple checked not only was the gun compliant here in CA, but that the dealer/vendor was legit as well.
When I went to the FFL to start the DROS, he was surprised and said, "WOW, you actually did your homework" . . . . he said there were more guns being sent to them off gunbroker that weren't compliant and had to be sent back than one's that were OK.
Another thing to keep in mind is the 're-stocking' charge should something not be legal . . . as in 75% of the total transaction . . . I picked up a pistol that went north of $1K . . . would've cost me $750+ and the loss of the gun had it not been compliant.

All that being said, everything went smooth. I purchased some ammo & a couple other things at the FFL just to support them a little, cause they don't make much off those transactions.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
RD should start a Guns & Ammo section on RDP, that would be cool.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You can also order the ammo to friend that does not live in CA.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I used a gun broker FFL dealer in Norco. He makes guns also.

shoot me a PM, if you want his contact...

PS, he law inforcement, does side gigs

82daytona

Reaction score
I’ve used gunbroker quite a few times with all great results.